Nerve Gas Attack in Damascus kills 1300, Including Women and Children

Aug. 30, 2013, 10:40 a.m.

Kerry seems to think they have the proof it was Assad. He better triple check that shit because I doubt the American public has the stomach for another foray into war with bad evidence.

One thing that really struck me in the different sales pitches from Cameron and Obama is that Cameron tried to sell the attack as the right thing to do, a moral responsibility to stop the use of a WMD, where Obama sold it as as a pre-emptive strike before the use and distribution of chemical weapons destabilized the region more and hurt American interests. Just goes to show the selfish nature of America and her politics.

my impression as well….they didn't really give us any evidence other than "it's classified, but we've reviewed it and you should trust us"…been there, done that

Aug. 30, 2013, 10:42 a.m.

There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party…and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt—until recently… and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.
Gore Vidal - Matters of Fact and of Fiction: Essays 1973-1976

Common-man apologists for either side deserve nothing but contempt.

pretty much, differ a bit on domestic social issues, but pretty much superficial….pretty much the same when it comes to foreign policy and propping up the military industrial complex and oil barons…

Aug. 30, 2013, 12:56 p.m.

There is only one party in the United States, the Property Party…and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt—until recently… and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.
Gore Vidal - Matters of Fact and of Fiction: Essays 1973-1976

This is a quote constructed in the 70s from a guy who ran twice as a Democrat. Use the quote to paint whatever pictures you’d like. Vidal loved his country more than most Americans.

Written in memory
“His death removes a man who loved his country so much that sometimes he hated it, and who loved no one, even himself”

Sounds about right coming from someone with no skin in the game.

Aug. 30, 2013, 1:05 p.m.

This is a quote constructed in the 70s from a guy who ran twice as a Democrat. Use the quote to paint whatever pictures you’d like. Vidal loved his country more than most Americans.

Written in memory
“His death removes a man who loved his country so much that sometimes he hated it, and who loved no one, even himself”

Sounds about right coming from someone with no skin in the game.

So which team do you like the mostest?

Aug. 30, 2013, 1:52 p.m.

So which team do you like the mostest?

You mean which do I dislike the least? With regard to Syria, I’m glad Obama will be weighing in on the decision. There will be no talk of evil-doers or long winded Reagan-esque diatribes. I think once the chatter is over, the “action” taken (if any at all) will be small and calculated. I’ll come back and own this comment if that turns out not to be the case. I don’t have enough information to say whether any action is justified, but someone should get an ass beating for gassing that many folks.

How about you? You gonna pick a team or just sit on the sidelines?

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:02 p.m.

I don’t have enough information to say whether any action is justified, but someone should get an ass beating for gassing that many folks.

Is it in the realm of possibility the United States were complicit in the release of those chemicals?

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:08 p.m.

despot vs. Al Qaeda….hmmm, I think it's perfectly fine to sit this one out.

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:19 p.m.

No need to pick sides. Just go after the chemical weapons and let them continue killing each other with conventional means.

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:23 p.m.

complicit in the release of those chemicals?

Can you be more specific? More complicit than any other UN superpower?

Does this complicity make inaction acceptable?

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:37 p.m.

You mean which do I dislike the least? With regard to Syria, I’m glad Obama will be weighing in on the decision. There will be no talk of evil-doers or long winded Reagan-esque diatribes. I think once the chatter is over, the “action” taken (if any at all) will be small and calculated. I’ll come back and own this comment if that turns out not to be the case. I don’t have enough information to say whether any action is justified, but someone should get an ass beating for gassing that many folks.

Ya, Bama will go in and smack Syria around a little bit, go Geneva with Putin and come out with a new Peace Prize!

Syria was on the up, America has been on the down… something was going to happen sooner or later I guess.

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:43 p.m.

Can you be more specific? More complicit than any other UN superpower?

Does this complicity make inaction acceptable?

I can be more specific.

Has the United States ever meddled in other countries affairs by placing puppet rulers in places of power?

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:47 p.m.

Funny how Al Qaeda are called "Rebels" when they are terrorizing an unpopular leader.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Aug. 30, 2013, 3:05 p.m.

I can be more specific.

Has the United States ever meddled in other countries affairs by placing puppet rulers in places of power?

Definitely plausible. Again, does this complicity make inaction acceptable?

Aug. 30, 2013, 3:27 p.m.

how's about we get rid of weapons all together and just settle this with a good bout of fisticuffs. Hey it's okay that our drone and cruise missile strikes kill innocents because they aren't chemical….

Aug. 30, 2013, 3:39 p.m.

Funny how Al Qaeda are called "Rebels" when they are terrorizing an unpopular leader.

I thought the Al Qaeda elements didn't come into the conflict until after it had already begun? I was more of the mind there were separate factions fighting for the "rebel" side, some of which were unfortunately islamists.