Neighbours

Oct. 26, 2020, 1:23 a.m.

If your neighbours had a leaf tree in their front yard with the canopy from it overhanging your driveway, and now the leaves have started falling down would you:

A. Just rake up the leaves on your property and bag them up for curbside pick-up cause the leaves are on your property.

B. Rake them off your driveway and back on to your neighbours, cause after all the trees on their property and therefore the neighbour is responsible.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 26, 2020, 1:51 a.m.

Have them prune their tree.

Oct. 26, 2020, 1:58 a.m.

..depends how old they are. I assuming they're not seniors?

Oct. 26, 2020, 2:23 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Lol. It's my tree, Im the neighbour. 

They just bought the house this summer and they're our age.

I don't actually care, I used to rake all the leaves cause I liked the old neighbour, she was old and quiet. These guys now are the party loudly in the yard/carport next to our bedroom window till 5 am on a Wednesday. 

I just find raking leaves back onto my property lazy as fuck.

Oct. 26, 2020, 2:50 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

I don't actually care, I used to rake all the leaves cause I liked the old neighbour, she was old and quiet. These guys now are the party loudly in the yard/carport next to our bedroom window till 5 am on a Wednesday. 

drive all over the city to collect leaves and then dump them in their yard.

Oct. 26, 2020, 3:28 a.m.

What part of the town do you live?  If it's in the city, complain to the police.  They'll do something.

And don't bother raking.

Oct. 26, 2020, 4:15 a.m.

You know what makes good neighbours?

Good fences!

Oct. 26, 2020, 8:50 a.m.

Like wtf guys.

Oct. 26, 2020, 8:53 a.m.

Oh man, I feel for you.

They sound and act like straight up cunts.

Oct. 26, 2020, 8:58 a.m.

I had a neighbor who was a restaurant manager used to bring the bar home, party play football out front on the road at 5am, swear at the other neighbor. I backed my expansion chambered MX bike up to his bedroom window at 9am on a sunday morning, flat track the back yard for15 min, flat track it every 15 min until he went to work at 4pm, I never had to say a word but the message was clear, fuck with a fucker and you will never sleep again ... so he never did it again

re: Instead of raking leaves just runover them with the lawnmower and leave them there, it chops them up into small bits which is good for the lawn

Last edited by: XXX_er on Oct. 26, 2020, 9 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 26, 2020, 9:43 a.m.

Like wtf guys.

Just be like my worst neighbour, Douche Bag Dave the Drunk. You fire up your leaf blower & blow all your leaves into the street in a nice windrow. 

Let the wind & other neighbours driving over them do the rest. 

Except last year, Mother Nature decided to play a trick on *uckface and blew all his hard work back on his driveway/lawn. He was too fat, drunk & stupid to fire the leaf blower up again.

Oct. 26, 2020, 9:55 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I had a neighbor who was a restaurant manager used to bring the bar home, party play football out front on the road at 5am, swear at the other neighbor. I backed my expansion chambered MX bike up to his bedroom window at 9am on a sunday morning, flat track the back yard for15 min, flat track it every 15 min until he went to work at 4pm, I never had to say a word but the message was clear, fuck with a fucker and you will never sleep again ... so he never did it again

re: Instead of raking leaves just runover them with the lawnmower and leave them there, it chops them up into small bits which is good for the lawn

This strategy can work with a neighbor who is somewhat normal. (More or less a reasonable person). It will not work if the neighbor is a psychopath or has some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain. Those types of folks will always outlast you, even if it takes years. They will make it their prime reason for existing to make sure you don't get the better of them.

Oct. 26, 2020, 10:17 a.m.

I'm curious to see how tall that pile gets.

Oct. 26, 2020, 10:26 a.m.

Well I won't be home till Thursday ( I work remotely 4 weeks at a time) so I am also curious haha. 

I'll ask them what they think is a fair solution, seeing as from a legal standpoint the law says they are not my responsibility. At the same time they would be fully within their rights to trim the overhanging branches.

Oct. 26, 2020, 12:16 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

You know what makes good neighbours?

Good fences!

Ahh ha! So you do support walls...