Needed: Plumber in Burnaby

Feb. 3, 2013, 6:21 p.m.

Title says it all. I've got a small leak at my hot water tap under the kitchen sink when the tap is off and a large leak when it's on.

Anyone know a good plumber who is available on monday?

Feb. 3, 2013, 6:29 p.m.

some fresh t-taped wrapped in the direction of the threads and a crescent wrench to tighten things back up and you'll be back in business in no time…

or pay a plumber $100/hr to do it.

Feb. 3, 2013, 6:39 p.m.

It's more than that I think. I turned the water valves off to replace the faucet and the hot water tap was a bit seized and finally snapped once it started to close. It started dripping right away. When I turned it back on it was spraying water everywhere.

some fresh t-taped wrapped in the direction of the threads and a crescent wrench to tighten things back up and you'll be back in business in no time…

or pay a plumber $100/hr to do it.

Feb. 3, 2013, 7:24 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZynAj5uaJt4

I've done this a bunch of times. It works

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Feb. 3, 2013, 7:48 p.m.

I had a few of those types of shutoffs leak; the cheap ones really suck. I ended up replacing all my shutoffs with 1/4 turn ball valves. It's not too hard to solder on new pieces. Solder, propane bottle, and torch nozzle don't cost much.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 3, 2013, 7:53 p.m.

I'm just not too comfortable trying to tackle that myself. I'd feel better ( and I know my gf would too) by getting a professional in.

I had a few of those types of shutoffs leak; the cheap ones really suck. I ended up replacing all my shutoffs with 1/4 turn ball valves. It's not too hard to solder on new pieces. Solder, propane bottle, and torch nozzle don't cost much.

Feb. 3, 2013, 8 p.m.

If you get someone in, and they're going to replace the shutoff, ask them how much to replace all the shutoffs under the sink. For example, if you have only two (hot and cold), then it's probably just the cost of a shutoff as plumbers typically charge by the hour, with a minimum charge.

I once used Milani for an outdoor faucet, and the person they sent was really good, so I'd refer them.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 3, 2013, 9:12 p.m.

wow you do not want to see what I had going on this weekend..

cutting out rotten subfloor, capping 3 pipes, moving 2 toilet drains, new hosebibs.

plumbing is awesome.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.