NBR Voted 2016 Aftermath

Nov. 12, 2016, 6:17 p.m.

Not so much "deserve", because we "deserve" the education noted above.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for the thousandth time, we deserve what we get.

As an aside, the people protesting the result of a democratic election are no better than the people who voted for Trump because of his policies.

Nov. 12, 2016, 7:23 p.m.

11,000 people voted for Harambe…

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 12, 2016, 9:23 p.m.

As an aside, the people protesting the result of a democratic election are no better than the people who voted for Trump because of his policies.

65 million people didn't like the outcome (the majority). Protest is a vital part of the democratic process. Visit the central square on any US university campus and you'll see some sort of activism every day of the week. In 2014, striking BC teachers wanted support in the form of protest and drew only a paltry turnout in downtown Vancouver. Your housing is being traded like stocks on a foreign exchange and barely a whisper is heard. Why are Canadians so scared to speak out?

Nov. 13, 2016, 12:12 a.m.

Why are Canadians so scared to speak out?

Because they're too fucking polite! Oh, sorry, I'm sorry, please, :o soooo sorry.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 13, 2016, 2:03 a.m.

In the meantime Canadians have little to be smug about. It took liberal and progressive voters ten years to rid the country of Stephen Harper who was openly contemptuous of all democratic institutions and of the values of two thirds of the citizens he governed. Justin Trudeau is gradually showing his true colours as was inevitable for the leader of a Bay Street party. Will he and his coterie of clever advisors look to the south and learn any lessons?

Are There Lessons for Canadas Elites in the US Election?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 13, 2016, 2:15 a.m.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for the thousandth time, we deserve what we get.

Canada is not the US and, fortunately for our arrogant elites, we are less likely to rise up in populist anger and shake the system to its core. That’s a pity because like their American counterparts they demonstrate ”pride and ambition so great that they offend the gods.” But unless Canadians are equally offended and motivated to act there will be no downfall.

Nov. 13, 2016, 2:21 a.m.

Lol. You so cute.

You has no idea.

I don't think you would call Governor Jerry Brown a precious snowflake. Read whatever you want into what he's been saying but it sounds to me like he wont hesitate to drop the other shoe if Trump doesn't work with California. They are the world's 6 biggest GDP and they know it. It sounds to me like they are flexing a bit.

The snowflake comment was stereotyping the people who are "upset" at the election results and are not able to cope. Why? I'll just say it: Because Trump's a white male. After of course the most progressive President ever cuz he was black. But, all the other shitty Presidents were also white. So the snowflakes public enemy #1 made it back into the White House instead of a (criminal) female who of course would be the only one in their heads able to bring positive change and results in these times. That's not cute, it's damn right backwards with the amount of information available. But considering the majority of this forum can cast aside the criminal females intentional wrong doings, three out of four users according the recent polling, I'm not exactly surprised a younger generation is kicking and screaming.

Did you know not only are college prof's (and high school teachers iirc) leading walk outs, they're also offering time off from exams for students to cope with Trump's victory. Or Clinton's loss. Time to air drop some election participation ribbons.

As for #calexit, I dont actually care that much to know more about Jerry Brown other than he was implicated with that methane leak and unless they gots a plan for water and electricity, I'd be ok with watching a state compete for a darwin award. And if they do exit, wouldnt that just mean more jobs for Americans building the wall ;)

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Nov. 13, 2016, 2:25 a.m.

.Canada is not the US and, fortunately for our arrogant elites, we are less likely to rise up in populist anger and shake the system to its core. That�s a pity because like their American counterparts they demonstrate �pride and ambition so great that they offend the gods.� But unless Canadians are equally offended and motivated to act there will be no downfall.

How can a multi cultural society be equally offended?

Nov. 13, 2016, 2:48 a.m.

Stay out of the blue zones… no wait, stay away from the red.. ahh fuck.

Nov. 13, 2016, 3:05 a.m.

I have always felt the Cascadia concept has merit.

It's getting closer.

OREgone.

Now The Oregonian points out that a group in Oregon has also filed the "Oregon Secession Act" in response to the perceived notion that "Oregonian values are no longer the values held by the rest of the United States." But, unlike the Calexit proposal, the distraught Hillary supporters in Oregon are thinking big picture and have invited the states of California, Washington, Hawaii, Nevada and Alaska to all band together to form a new nation.

Nov. 13, 2016, 10:13 a.m.

Stay out of the blue zones… no wait, stay away from the red.. ahh fuck.

There you go with your lying bullshit memes again.

That's a map of high population areas that was snatched from Business Insider, not the electoral map from the 2016 election. Any fool can see that… well… I guess not ANY fool.

http://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-united-states-lives-in-these-counties-2013-9

Nov. 13, 2016, 11:03 a.m.

. So the snowflakes public enemy #1 made it back into the White House instead of a (criminal) female who of course would be the only one in their heads able to bring positive change and results in these times. That's not cute, it's damn right backwards with the amount of information available.

Im so tired of you claiming she's a criminal. You've chosen to believe a collection of half-truths, innuendo, lies, misdirection and propaganda instead of anything that refutes your chosen thesis.

But you are right, it's backwards that you cling to this given the amount of information available.

Nov. 13, 2016, 11:20 a.m.

Call in the the Trump campaign to stop his 3am postings!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 13, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

Im so tired of you claiming she's a criminal. You've chosen to believe a collection of half-truths, innuendo, lies, misdirection and propaganda instead of anything that refutes your chosen thesis.

But you are right, it's backwards that you cling to this given the amount of information available.

Does that mean you believe the other half truths?

And didn't you put me on ignore?

Nov. 13, 2016, 11:33 a.m.

There you go with your lying bullshit memes again.

That's a map of high population areas that was snatched from Business Insider, not the electoral map from the 2016 election. Any fool can see that… well… I guess not ANY fool.

http://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-united-states-lives-in-these-counties-2013-9

Hey man, I just post stuff and let you guys correct it.

So thx pops.