NBR vacuum my house

Oct. 17, 2019, 10:33 p.m.

I ❤️ my Dyson

Oct. 18, 2019, 6:22 a.m.

Bagless FTW. But if you already have two, why ask about a third?

Oct. 18, 2019, 6:25 a.m.

I don’t even know where my wife keeps it.

Oct. 18, 2019, 8:41 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Spat my coffee all over my keyboard. Thx for that needed a good laugh this morning.

Have one of these :https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-v8-absolute-nickel-iron.html

It frakking rules. Great for the vehicles too. Only thing is the charge isn't long enough on Max Suck setting to do our whole place. On Low suck it will do 1500 square ft townhouse and 2 flights of stairs. A removable battery would be a great improvement. Low suck is still a good suck.

Oct. 18, 2019, 10:56 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Spat my coffee all over my keyboard. Thx for that needed a good laugh this morning.

Have one of these :https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-v8-absolute-nickel-iron.html

It frakking rules. Great for the vehicles too. Only thing is the charge isn't long enough on Max Suck setting to do our whole place. On Low suck it will do 1500 square ft townhouse and 2 flights of stairs. A removable battery would be a great improvement. Low suck is still a good suck.

V11 is out now with large battery capacity. https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-v11-shop-all.html

We have the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal, which has been great, but it's not cordless. With an animal and three kids, it was easier to just get the corded one. Nice thing about Dyson is that they offer a extensive number of attachments, ours came with 10 different ones.

Oct. 18, 2019, 11:16 a.m.

Dyson if you can't install a centralized system.  I installed an Electrolux centralized system last year and it is awesome.  It makes my old Dyson weak by comparison, it's quieter because the system runs in the garage, I have to empty it less, it takes up less space and you don't need to drag around a heavy machine.

Oct. 18, 2019, 1:47 p.m.

Personally, I'm disappointed with my Dyson.  It's supposedly a "pet vac" but the lack of powered beater bar (it runs on the suction somehow) makes it seriously compromised WRT dog hair.  I preferred my 40 year old Electrolux.

I have a Shark upright that is super effective and under $250.  Feels cheaper so we'll see about longevity, but the Dyson hasn't been impressive there either.

My folks have a cordless Dyson stick vac and they love it.  I wouldn't rely on it as my only vac.  Their cleaning lady uses her own when doing the entire house.

Oct. 18, 2019, 2:11 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Posted by: Brocklanders

V11 is out now with large battery capacity. https://www.dyson.com/sticks/dyson-v11-shop-all.html

We have the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal, which has been great, but it's not cordless. With an animal and three kids, it was easier to just get the corded one. Nice thing about Dyson is that they offer a extensive number of attachments, ours came with 10 different ones.

This kills me. Right after we bought ours (which btw craps out after like 5 seconds on high suck) they come out with the new improved longer lasting battery. rotters..... With no Dyson retro fit I looking at after market jury rig.

JBV, just get a goat. You on Isl. right?

Oct. 18, 2019, 3:58 p.m.

My parents have a Miele, it's superior to our Dyson in pure sucking ability, the only difference is that it has a bag, which I find an annoyance. If you're looking for pure performance then Miele is a better vacuum. We were specifically looking for bag less, thus Dyson.

Last edited by: rnayel on Oct. 18, 2019, 4 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 18, 2019, 3:59 p.m.

Also, this, https://www.consumerreports.org/vacuum-cleaners/best-vacuums-of-the-year/

Oct. 18, 2019, 4:26 p.m.

i'm having a hard time resisting contributing to this thread. 

please tho, carry on.

Oct. 18, 2019, 8:16 p.m.

I’m a man who can proudly state that he appreciates a good vacuum. Probably has something to do with cleaning my house and family business since I was a wee lad. Right tool for the job and all that. 

I also like a decent sewing machine.  Throwing away clothes is for little sissies and the wealthy.

Oct. 18, 2019, 10:03 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

I’m a man who can proudly state that he appreciates a good vacuum. Probably has something to do with cleaning my house and family business since I was a wee lad. Right tool for the job and all that.

You really know how to push syncro's buttons...

Oct. 19, 2019, 8:57 a.m.

As I understand it, the Dyson stick is more of an accessory to a proper vaccuum, You'll still want a corded one around. I ended up buying a Samsung cannister (Miele knock-off) as I only have room for one and I don't like battery powered things. Was $200 at Mister Sweeper of all places but that was 5 years back. The cool thing is it takes bags but only fine particles end up there, the big light stuff like hair and lint get trapped in a cannister.

Last edited by: Madman on Oct. 19, 2019, 8:58 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 19, 2019, 9:26 a.m.

I have a mastercraft shopvac which was pretty cheap, its good enough for this place which  is 100% laminate so I don't need a rug beater thing and there is no ms XXX_er to complain about using a  shop vac around the house.

BUT from what I have seen hiding in carpets you wana get rid of that stuff by instaling  even a cheaper laminate, carpet has to be bad for your health. Its ironic-funny that 50-60 yars ago people would be hot to cover up their fine wood floors with W2W carpet