NBR Confessions

Sept. 27, 2019, 2:03 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: BigFoot

Back on topic of Confessions.

1) I think people who wear blackface are racist.

2) I think people who don't think it's racist for other people to wear blackface are ignorant.

A little thing called misdirection. I think you need to look at the fact that our PM is in two different court cases with at least one being heard in courts. That's why the blackface is on the news.

Because's its nowhere as bad as the Obstruction of Justin case with SNC or the far fetched case of our PM, chinese nationals and mass graves of indigineous peoples in BC.

Did a little googling and far fetched might be an understatement, I hope we’re in tinfoil hat territory actually.

"Sometimes", I just pass dumb shit along to see if it can be substantiated.

Sept. 27, 2019, 7:17 a.m.

That’s good cover for when one says dumb shit and gets called on it. Good technique.

Sept. 27, 2019, 11:33 a.m.

2) I think people who don't think it's racist for other people to wear blackface are ignorant.

Ever used the term Mulatto in your life? That's racist, used to be the norm 20 years ago.

I went to a Halloween party dressed as MC hammer in 2002. My good friend who is black went as Vanilla Ice, he put white makeup, I put on dark make up. We both looked ridiculous, no one was offended at the parties we went to that night. Didn't even cross my mind that it would be offensive because I'm not a racist.....According to you I am.

Four years before Justin did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMrjBLwn8

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Sept. 27, 2019, 12:04 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Sept. 27, 2019, 1:20 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Ever used the term Mulatto in your life? That's racist, used to be the norm 20 years ago.

I went to a Halloween party dressed as MC hammer in 2002. My good friend who is black went as Vanilla Ice, he put white makeup, I put on dark make up. We both looked ridiculous, no one was offended at the parties we went to that night. Didn't even cross my mind that it would be offensive because I'm not a racist.....According to you I am.

Society seems to want to conflate racism with things that are socially unacceptable or insensitive without looking at the intent. It makes it easier to judge each other in our "call out" culture. Racism is the feeling of prejudice and superiority over another person based on the colour of their skin, so to accuse anyone of racism without trying to understand the intent, or even the message it is sending, is ignorant. You were not racist, nor was your buddy, and having him with you as cover probably meant you didn't offend anyone as well. Without him though, some people would question your motives, unless they knew you well, but lacking sensitivity, or knowledge of the fact you are being insensitive is not the same as bigotry. It just earns some people woke points to pretend it does.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Sept. 27, 2019, 1:20 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 27, 2019, 2:47 p.m.

20 years ago I never heard of the terms blackface or Jim Crow.

Oct. 1, 2019, 2:29 a.m.

Posted by: switch

20 years ago I never heard of the terms blackface or Jim Crow.

Thats cuz yous a cracka.

Oct. 1, 2019, 2:30 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

That’s good cover for when one says dumb shit and gets called on it. Good technique.

Called on it and then what? I clearly prefaced it with from the fields of 50/50 untrueness yet you seem to think I want to prove everything upside down to be right side down.

Relax.

Oct. 1, 2019, 2:32 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Is Metis racist yet?

Oct. 1, 2019, 9:13 a.m.

Called on it and then what? I clearly prefaced it with from the fields of 50/50 untrueness yet you seem to think I want to prove everything upside down to be right side down.

Relax.

Yeah, I wonder how I got that impression. 

🙄

Oct. 3, 2019, 5:58 p.m.

Relax.

Yeah, I wonder how I got that impression. 

🙄

Probably baseless assumptions that one thing I post covers everything I think... something like that probably.