Aug. 14, 2019, 3:08 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: chupacabra

^^^  Now that is a confession!

Stop the contest, we have a winner.

And that was just happenstance!

Then there's the Shogun's stories.

Aug. 30, 2019, 2:46 a.m.

Whaaaat, no one's going to ask about the stories?

They may be accounts from memory but, I could offer stuff about poltergeist(s), a ghost and dying at least once.

Aug. 30, 2019, 11:59 a.m.

well spill the beans already then.

Sept. 1, 2019, 7:15 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

They may be accounts from memory but, I could offer stuff about poltergeist(s), a ghost and dying at least once.

Pfft.  That's old hat.  I died once too.  At least my heart stopped for something over a minute.

Sept. 4, 2019, 12:19 a.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

well spill the beans already then.

When I get back to a keyboard I'll update this.

Sept. 4, 2019, 2:16 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Pfft.  That's old hat.  I died once too.  At least my heart stopped for something over a minute.

Pretty sure I've had and continue to have random jammers (cardiac arrest).

I also used to wake up gasping for air which I thought was an apnea; nope, just a magnesium deficiency. That's just an fyi for the web as well.

Sept. 4, 2019, 2:54 p.m.

I'll go with the ghost in the family kitchen story. The one thing all these things share in common for me is I seemed to be in above average shape at the time;cross country type cardio and leanness. Anyways, take this for what its worth. It's an account and honestly, posting this to this forum and regular use base goes against my better judgement.

It obviously starts with I came home hopped up around 18 in the winter. Hopped would be limited to booze and greenery btw and the importance of winter is the house was toasty warm which means I was super warm being hopped up and inside now. So I start making the usual munchines. Slice after slice of toast. It was when numbers 5n6 were in the toaster that my overly friendly (black) cat decided to literally to just fuck off to my room. I didnt think much of it until I turn my head slightly sideways and see a pair of white translucent shoes in the doorway to the dining room and an accompanying figure of some sort. I didnt look too much past the knee's due to trying to process how real this is. So for reference if it was you reading this: you're facing a counter top, to your right is the stove, small counter/cabinet and the dining room doorway. Your chin is slightly turned almost angular to the right. Knife in one hand just waiting to slather up some more PB.. and at that point it then floats towards me and through me as I go bone coooold and it just floats down the four stairs into the next room and just fades away. I literally just went to bed leaving everything where it was - toast in the toaster, no lid on the pb type of thing. I turn on my lights and found my cat waiting on the bed with her giant set of eyes wiiiiide open almost saying 'like ya man, now you know why I gfto'd".

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Sept. 4, 2019, 2:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 4, 2019, 4:02 p.m.

How does an ingrown toe nail possibly indicate a guardian angel?

I was supposed to run the army combine at CFB Chilliwack one Saturday morning as something to do with Scouts. Pretty sure I was in gr3 or 8 at the time. At this point, I was a pretty coordinated and atheletic child. At 4 I was in 1-2 programs of gymnastics - rings, ropes, jumps and vaults. Not implying I was going pro, just that 2-4 months of fun skill learning at that age stayed with me. I was also in soccer for four years by then. One other thing I'm super grateful for is growing with almost an acre for a yard. Tree's to climb and neighbors knew me so realistically I could hop fences and play in the woods for hours (because there used to be tree's). Fun Shogun fact: In grade 4, a good friend and I probably cut down 7 of my neighbors tall tree's and not one person ever noticed or knew. We took my dads sweet saw and went to town.. until one tree slid sideways right between us and almost replanted itself. We promptly left back to my yard. We never heard it fall.

So it's Friday night and I'm looking forward to running an obstacle course the next day. In fact, I was super excited as I get to show off to the f'n Army and be the next Commando (Arrrrrnold). Anyways Friday night, I think me and the rents are watching something awesome from the 80s, Airwolf, MacGuyver or something. I start getting the most ridiculous pressing sensation of an ingrown toe nail on my right big toe. But it ends up being the whole damn toenail, not just one side or corner. I end up butchering my toenail that night. To the point where I hobbled my walking when I wake up. I still go to Chilliwack to run it. I think it was 2 - 4 kids start at a time and I start running the initial sprint in sand to the pyramid rope climb and drop to under the wires, I see a guy on my right periph with a clock and clip board start running beside me. I hit the pyramid with my right foot and pretty much just crashed into it. Pulled myself over the top and dropped down but couldnt push and dig the sand with the bad foot/toe... got up and walked off the course sadly.

Here's what I didnt put together and realize or think about up until recently: one of my grand fathers was a World War 2 photographer with the RAF. My family had his big war photo album. I used to break the album out once in a while as a kid but I could never make more than half or two thirds through. I can remember looking at some of the picture's and thinking there's no need to look at this stuff or go any further and I dont think I ever saw it all.

Part of me thinks that Grandfather was grabbing my toe from the other side that night to prevent me from "excelling" as that was unlike any ingrown nail in my life. That and I didnt question things much as a kid - perfect for the Army.

For those wondering about the photo album, it was shipped back to the UK to either the RAF or my uncle's family years ago. No, I dont miss it.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Sept. 4, 2019, 4:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 4, 2019, 9:05 p.m.

Another fun fact; "A Shogun named Marcus" is a song by the band Clutch.

Sept. 5, 2019, 5:51 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Another fun fact; "A Shogun named Marcus" is a song by the band Clutch.

And I've been using it ever since I came across the Transnational Speedway League.

Sept. 10, 2019, 3:45 p.m.

I had a badass premonition dream which prompted me to go on a family Carib cruise in 2007. Originally I declined because I had plans to save money. Then I had plans to save my family from a plane crash.

Dream went as follows: I have a POV of me hovering above what ended up being my actual seat in the plane. I see my cousin beside me as I had the window seat. Then the POV switches to I'm seated and hanging out. We end up in some turbulence, drop hugely and my vision just shoots across the plane to some random guy that looked like Cosmo Kramer's look alike from that one Seinfeld episode - just cracked out and less hair. He was rightside mid wing aisle and I was seated very back far window. I guess the plane crashed in my dream because I sit up faster than the Undertaker and the gf at the time wakes up worried because I'm in a cold sweat and breathing rapidly (and I totally woke her up obv). She asks if I'm alright, and I just answer "I have to go on the cruise".

Anyways, that didnt happen on Vancouver to Quebec and then from there to LaGuardia. It was the first flight back, Miami to Dallas Ft Worth. We get on the plane Sunday at around 11am. It was sunny, breezy and static in the air. Get on plane and you can feel more static at this point. What else was weird was the heads up display on the chairs all had no connection or display, just TV static and a refresh line going in sync down the plane. Everyone gets settled. We're about to taxi out and the plane just shuts off. The whole thing - engines, lights, nothing going. People are looking around, commenting how, gee thats odd. Less than 10 seconds later, it all comes back online. Lights, AC and the heads up display. Captain over the speakers lets us know they had to reboot the plane (pardon?).

We taxi out and take off no problem. Up until about 3-4,000 feet when not only can you hear an audible cut in throttle, you can feel you are no longer climbing but falling on a small slope. Less than a few feet per second I'd guess as no one else noticed other than me and the other guy from that dream. In more of a panicked look than bromance, we randomly lock wide eyes like "no one else notices..." I swear I hear him think 'we're going down" and I just say in my head "we're good, we're not going down".  What was odd was the engine that cut was right behind me. If I wasnt in that seat....

Anyways. I dont like flying. Mainly because you just cant pull over - yes I know the stat's.

Sept. 19, 2019, 9:48 a.m.

I dont give a flying fuck about blackface

Sept. 19, 2019, 10:04 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

I dont give a flying fuck about blackface

If people actually cared it wouldn't conveniently come up right before an election.

Sept. 19, 2019, 11:50 a.m.

Certainly blown out of proportion.

Sept. 19, 2019, 12:16 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Certainly blown out of proportion.

not really