NBR Computer Games Thread

May 15, 2012, 9:49 p.m.

Thats my job.

lol, well played sir…

May 15, 2012, 10:39 p.m.

D3 - hopefully!

May 16, 2012, 4:54 a.m.

Fuck off,

I don't piss all over your gay truck threads.

All that being stuck inside is making someone cranky.

Pastor of Muppets

May 16, 2012, 4:55 a.m.

Thats my job.

[cry] diesel in a ford ranger [/cry]

Pastor of Muppets

May 16, 2012, 5:05 a.m.

What's the best driving game these days?

Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5. The jury's still out on which is best.

If you are more into arcade driving games, where NOS is the only important thing, then Need for Speed The Run is rumored to be good. More of a role player driving games? Test drive unlimited 2.

(none of those include small diesel pick up trucks, not imported to NA though.:devil: )

May 16, 2012, 5:15 a.m.

If you just bought it, why not get an i7 22nm Ivy Bridge CPU (3770, 3770K) instead of the 2600?

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

May 16, 2012, 7:09 a.m.

If you just bought it, why not get an i7 22nm Ivy Bridge CPU (3770, 3770K) instead of the 2600?

because i don't know what any of that means!

www.natooke.com

May 16, 2012, 7:24 a.m.

basically you just bought the previous model of intel core i7 CPU when one that is the same price, lower wattage (cooler) and faster has been on the market for about three weeks.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."

May 16, 2012, 10:40 a.m.

Mann this D3 binge is starting to take its toll - had 6 hours sleep since Monday! Level 29 though :)

May 16, 2012, 10:47 a.m.

Looking forward to the upcoming Mechwarrior release.

I'll toss in….
Borderlands
Battlefield 3 [HTML_REMOVED] MW3
League of Legends
Minecraft (future retro!)
Assassins Creed 2

viperfunk.com

May 16, 2012, 10:48 a.m.

basically you just bought the previous model of intel core i7 CPU when one that is the same price, lower wattage (cooler) and faster has been on the market for about three weeks.

It might not yet be available where he lives.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 16, 2012, 10:48 a.m.

Iracing is great if you're into racing simulations. Although it really calls for regular practise and is not the place for a quick fix.

Cheers Ben

May 16, 2012, 10:52 a.m.

He's in a city with 1+ million population in China, not so far from the places where all the latest/greatest motherboards and video cards are manufactured, I can guarantee they have access to the latest Intel socket LGA1155 CPUs before they're in stock at NCIX or Newegg…. :)

May 16, 2012, 10:53 a.m.

If you want something different, try ArmaII - Combined Operations. It is a military simulator marketed as a FPS (it is the consumer version of the Virtual Battle Space engine that is used by millitaries worldwide for virtual training).

http://www.arma2.com/

It is an open architecture very mod(ification) friendly. The company (BI Studios) has released modelling tools and mission editors and there are thousands of user-created missions avaialable online. There are dozens of very detailed maps, covering every geographic terrain imaginable, and hundreds of playable moded milliatry kits and weapons, from Leopard 2 tanks to the USS Nimitz (with working flight deck, launch catapults and elevators). There is a very active user community. You can play single, co-op, multiplayer with or against AI (which are pretty smart most of the time), online or offline. You can be a grunt on the battlefield, command a squad or go into "high-command" mode commanding units and battalions. Its your choice.

http://www.armaholic.com

Your missons may range from dealing with angry civilians in Afghanistan, rescuing hostages with SEAL Team 6 in Africa, fighting Russians as a member of the Finnish army in the Arctic, a paratrooper on D-Day in 1944, a Marine in Vietnam, a civilian fighting drug warlords in Eastern Europe, or fighting off zombies in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It strives for realism and has a steep learning curve, but the possibilities are infinite. There is a free version, which I think only allows single-player missions and runs at lower resolution. You can also check out gameplay vids on YouTube. You can buy it through download … there is an active user forum

http://forums.bistudio.com/

He's in a city with 1+ million population in China, not so far from the places where all the latest/greatest motherboards and video cards are manufactured, I can guarantee they have access to the latest Intel socket LGA1155 CPUs before they're in stock at NCIX or Newegg…. :)

Not necessarily .. the Apple iPhone 4s and iPod Touch 4s were made in China, but weren't available to the public there until a few weeks after their release in North America. Manufacturing and sales/distribution are completely different components of the pipeline. If that weren't the case, Johnny Shenzen would be riding the latest and greatest carbon-fiber bike frames before the World Cup pros get them. Sale and distribution to the main markets of the West often takes priority.

May 16, 2012, 10:58 a.m.

skyrim!

where else can you explode cheese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHmWT6iPL-0[HTML_REMOVED]feature=related

or roll it off a mountain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrhDamN82k

or (with mods), pickpocket people until they're buck ass naked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX21DmbxjiQ[HTML_REMOVED]feature=related