Navalny.

Feb. 9, 2021, 8:37 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Oh no. Navalny isn't the second coming of Gandhi!! Dude nobody cares.

You and Shogun share one key trait. You love to come on here and make arguments against cardboard cutouts so you can knock em down

And even if Navalny was a diddler, if he served a useful purpose for your team, that (probably) wouldnt change your thinking of him.

LOL - Literally proves Chup's point with the next post.

How is that different than you, Hep and Chup labelling me a white supramacist and Trumptarder just because I post the opposite of you ?

Are you seriously going to try and make the case you are not a Trumptard?  Are we supposed to pretend the last 4 years and 10,000 posts didn't happen?

I easily can. It's all prefaced multiple times even going back to the nomination thread. And it wasnt even 2,000 posts.

You did and have done so several times, but much like when someone says "No offense, but you are an asshole", the attempt to play both sides falls apart once you start talking.

Here a quiz.

ARE YOU A TRUMPTARD

1 - Did Biden win fairly in 2020?
2 - Is Trump to blame for the insurrection?
3 - Do you take any of the 26 women that have accused Trump of sexual assault seriously?

You get deeper up his ass with every NO.

Feb. 9, 2021, 9:19 a.m.

Do any of y’all know if the ignore list is still a thing on this board?  

I’ve looked around and can’t find out how to do it.

Feb. 9, 2021, 9:26 a.m.

Is gearwhore already getting to you?  :)

Feb. 9, 2021, 11:23 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: Fast-Orange

tungsten and FO, this is where we diverge. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/kzbbfi/navalny_arrested_in_russia/

I didn't spend a quarter of my life living in Russia so I don't have an opinion on this.

I hope you can come to terms with the Uyghurs some day.

Canadians are almost as bad to our indigenous.  How we are dealing with it today is so much better.

What it comes down to is not celebrating despot rulers.

What about the Uyghurs who are happier being part of the CCP instead of a polygimast theocracy? Why do their voices not matter? 

This whole narrative about millions in concentration camps mostly comes from just one guy anyways and less than half a dozen interviewed Uyghurs. This Adrian Zenz guy who has a website called "victims of communism"  hardly seems like an unbiased source. The only other proof are some supposedly leaked documents that can easily be forged or mistranslated. 

The other supposed smoking gun is the declining Uyghur birthrate which is actually a win if you're a Uyghur woman who had until recently been treated as baby factories.

Feb. 9, 2021, 12:31 p.m.

Some other sources for you:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-01/satellite-images-expose-chinas-network-of-re-education-camps/10432924?nw=0&pfmredir=sm

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/16/world/asia/china-xinjiang-documents.html

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-22278037

And yes, falling fertility rates can be a good thing. They can also be a predictable result of genocide.  Tricky defense to use effectively IMO.

Feb. 9, 2021, 12:38 p.m.

Craig Murray wrote:

“I have no difficulty at all with the notion that a powerful oligarch or an organ of the Russian state may have tried to assassinate Navalny… What I do have difficulty with is the notion that if Putin, or other very powerful Russian actors, wanted Navalny dead, and had attacked him while he was in Siberia, he would not be alive in Germany today….One thing we know about ‘Novichok’ for sure is that it appears not to be very good at assassination… If the Russian secret services had poisoned Navalny at the airport before takeoff as alleged, why would they not insist the plane stick to its original flight plan and let him die on the plane? ….Next, we are supposed to believe that the Russian state, having poisoned Navalny, was not able to contrive his death in the intensive care unit of a Russian state hospital. …If Putin wanted him dead, he would be dead.” … “…There are a whole stream of utterly unbelievable points there… Personally I do not buy a single one of them, but then I am a notorious Russophile traitor.”

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 9, 2021, 10:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 9, 2021, 12:45 p.m.

What about the Uyghurs who are happier being part of the CCP instead of a polygimast theocracy? Why do their voices not matter? 

This whole narrative about millions in concentration camps mostly comes from just one guy anyways and less than half a dozen interviewed Uyghurs. This Adrian Zenz guy who has a website called "victims of communism"  hardly seems like an unbiased source. The only other proof are some supposedly leaked documents that can easily be forged or mistranslated. 

The other supposed smoking gun is the declining Uyghur birthrate which is actually a win if you're a Uyghur woman who had until recently been treated as baby factories.

Do you have sources for any of this? Quick search says while polygamy was allowed before communism it was rarely practiced and most people were monogamous. A 60% drop in fertility rates says there's something more going on than social norms. The  narrative of re-education camps comes from more than one guy, there is a decent amount of info out there.

Feb. 9, 2021, 1:08 p.m.

I didn't spend a quarter of my life living in Russia so I don't have an opinion on this.

Canadians are almost as bad to our indigenous. How we are dealing with it today is so much better.

This whole narrative about millions in concentration camps mostly comes from just one guy anyways and less than half a dozen interviewed Uyghurs. This Adrian Zenz guy who has a website called "victims of communism" hardly seems like an unbiased source. The only other proof are some supposedly leaked documents that can easily be forged or mistranslated.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that becoming a happy member of the CCP was a path not available to Uyghurs previously? That there voices were not heard? I am guessing those are the Uyghurs that had the easiest time and the best jobs. Concentration camps aside, life as a pro-CCP Uyghur is by far better than the alternative. Do I have to post that Vice piece again?

China fucking knows what they are doing. All countries that want to do some grand scale shady shit know that the best way to get away with it is to hide it in plain site and deny, deny, deny. Concentration camps? No, those are schools that you are forced to go to. It's just education. That is why they love the surveillance tech. It allows them to exert pressure on people without killing that many of them.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Feb. 9, 2021, 1:08 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 9, 2021, 3:07 p.m.

Worked on you didn't it?

Feb. 9, 2021, 3:25 p.m.

Canadians are almost as bad to our indigenous. How we are dealing with it today is so much better.

This whole narrative about millions in concentration camps mostly comes from just one guy anyways and less than half a dozen interviewed Uyghurs. This Adrian Zenz guy who has a website called "victims of communism" hardly seems like an unbiased source. The only other proof are some supposedly leaked documents that can easily be forged or mistranslated.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that becoming a happy member of the CCP was a path not available to Uyghurs previously? That there voices were not heard? I am guessing those are the Uyghurs that had the easiest time and the best jobs. Concentration camps aside, life as a pro-CCP Uyghur is by far better than the alternative. Do I have to post that Vice piece again?

I think your POV as to what life has been like for the average Uyghur lacks a lot of insight and nuance. And if there's one thing I've noticed about western discourse is the thought of Chinese citizens not suffering seems to really bother us for some reason. 

What would you prefer? An authoritarian secular government that provides endless economic opportunities or a caliphate that abuses women and homosexuals/trans folk and is hell bent on keeping you in the stone age? Pretty easy decision for me.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Feb. 9, 2021, 3:28 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Feb. 9, 2021, 5:12 p.m.

What would you prefer? An authoritarian secular government that provides endless economic opportunities or a caliphate that abuses women and homosexuals/trans folk and is hell bent on keeping you in the stone age? Pretty easy decision for me.

false dichotomy

Feb. 9, 2021, 5:28 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

false dichotomy

1st world luxury for you to say.

Feb. 9, 2021, 5:33 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

1st world luxury for you to say.

says the guy who vehemently objects to western interference in the actions of non-democratic nations

btw it's also a fallacy to state that the muslim option would be an oppressive calipahte. there's no evidence of that from what i've read

stop doing this

Last edited by: syncro on Feb. 9, 2021, 5:41 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Feb. 9, 2021, 6:37 p.m.

“An authoritarian secular government” as a description of the Chinese government system has to be one of the funniest lies by omission that I’ve seen in a while. 

Nice work FO. 

And western government don’t really mind a caliphate, it just had to be the right kind. A Jewish one is fine, Muslim one is a no-go.

Feb. 9, 2021, 9:16 p.m.

You did and have done so several times, but much like when someone says "No offense, but you are an asshole", the attempt to play both sides falls apart once you start talking.

Here a quiz.

ARE YOU A TRUMPTARD

1 - Did Biden win fairly in 2020?
2 - Is Trump to blame for the insurrection?
3 - Do you take any of the 26 women that have accused Trump of sexual assault seriously?

You get deeper up his ass with every NO.

lol talk about rail roading. So many options lol. You guys love the "with us or against us mentality".