N. Korea Missile Thing...?

April 2, 2009, 6:22 p.m.

thoughts?

sounds pretty serious to me.

It was a tiny paragraph on page 21 of the Province yesterday.

Does anyone think that its because war is profitable and we are in a recession?

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

April 2, 2009, 6:24 p.m.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/02/north.korea.missiles/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

its the link below regarding Japan that first got my attention…

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

April 2, 2009, 6:36 p.m.

should be fun.
fear the
Taepodong-2

Fear me. I have a Cabin in montana.
::Team Pancake Pride::

April 2, 2009, 6:40 p.m.

Just like the Province to put the important things on the back pages. (Of course we all have to know how Brittany is doing in her rehab or if Madge is adopting again.) Me thinks N. Korea is serious stuff. I haven't heard lately how the "Dear Leader" is doing. Word was awhile ago that he was ill. That country scares me the most of all the iffy ones.

Thread killer

April 2, 2009, 6:41 p.m.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/02/north.korea.rocket/index.html?eref=rss_world

North Korea's state-run news service, KCNA, reported Thursday. "If Japan recklessly 'intercepts' [North Korea's] satellite for peaceful purposes, the [Korean People's Army] will mercilessly deal deadly blows not only at the already deployed intercepting means but at major targets," KCNA reported.

Pyongyang has said it will conduct the launch sometime between April 4 and April 8. It's a launch that may violate a 2006 United Nations Security Council resolution.
Resolution 1718 "[d]emands" that North Korea "not conduct any further nuclear test or launch of a ballistic missile."
"It raises questions about their compliance with the Security Council Resolution 1718," U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said last week. "And if they persist and go forward, we will take it up in appropriate channels."
Pentagon officials worry less about the payload and more about the launch itself, saying any kind of launch will give the North Koreans valuable information about improving their ballistic missile program.
"I don't know anyone at a senior level in the American government who does not believe this technology is intended as a mask for the development of an intercontinental ballistic missile," U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on Sunday.
Defense analysts say the same rocket could be used to push a satellite into space or deliver a nuclear warhead.
Gates noted that while the United States believes it is North Korea's "long-term intent" to add a nuclear warhead to any such rocket, he "personally would be skeptical that they have the ability right now to do that."

Srs bizniss…

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

April 2, 2009, 6:46 p.m.

yea. they are no joke.
they have expressed interest in turning north America into a lake of fire.
nobody really knows how to deal with kim… maybe he's making an amazing movie… or dead, and his people are just kinda running round like kids in a nuclear candy store.

April 2, 2009, 6:52 p.m.

I've been following it as well. North Korea is a scary place.

April 2, 2009, 6:55 p.m.

Why dont we just nuke them first?

April 2, 2009, 7:11 p.m.

Why dont we just nuke them first?

ever seen Dr. Strangelove (or how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb)?
watch it. a comedy at heart, but man, it makes REAL clear why nuclear attacks are just a bad, bad idea.

April 2, 2009, 8:18 p.m.

could be a lot of things its hard to know what the real deal is anymore, maybe

1. Kim is nuts and dieing and wants to go out with a bang to make his mark in history evoking a world war.

2. G8 nations need to distract the masses of whats really going on financially

3. The stage is being set for mass global destabilization to usher in a new world order as a savior to the fear stricken masses in turn implementing loss of freedoms to all except the elite

4. insert any conspiracy theorie here

April 2, 2009, 8:25 p.m.

they have expressed interest in turning north America into a lake of fire.

The missile would be lucky to reach Alaska.

Maybe Kim wants to make up to the world and is looking to take out Palin.

The US military is all giddy about this one as they'll get a chance to blow the thing out of the sky.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 2, 2009, 8:29 p.m.

The missile would be lucky to reach Alaska.

Maybe Kim wants to make up to the world and is looking to take out Palin.

The US military is all giddy about this one as they'll get a chance to blow the thing out of the sky.

please oh please let it be a anti palin tactic.

and just because it cant reach, does not detract from the seriousness of what he's said, and seems to be working towards doing.

April 2, 2009, 8:35 p.m.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30004955/

April 2, 2009, 8:37 p.m.

Isn't there even a tiny speck of irony in the fact that a country laden with ICBMs and thousands of nuclear warheads is being critical of another country trying to get a missile off the ground?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 2, 2009, 8:45 p.m.

"Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!"