Municipal Elections 2015

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:21 a.m.

If you care about how your town or City looks, if it supports mountain biking, bike lanes or what have you, this is the MOST important election to vote in.

The fact of the matter is, municipalities have a far larger impact on your day to day life than either the provincial or federal government.

The unfortunate reality is that only about half of the people who vote regularly at the provincial and federal level vote at the municipal election.

In my town - the last federal election saw a 68% voter turn out. The last municipal election? 28% - most of the actual voters were over 55. Is it any surprise we don't get bike lanes around here?

Vote!

Advance polls are tomorrow evening on most locations. Voting day is November 15th - a Saturday.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:50 a.m.

Results from Hub's survey of people running for council [HTML_REMOVED] mayor:
https://bikehub.ca/about-us/our-positions/vote-for-better-biking

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:57 a.m.

The mayor of smithers [HTML_REMOVED] tofino (?) who were both return by acclamation have a contest to see who can get the most improved voter turnout, the loser town has to compose [HTML_REMOVED] sing a song extoling the virtues of the winning town

Nov. 4, 2014, 10:20 a.m.

That's an excellent resource.

Nov. 4, 2014, 10:52 a.m.

City of Burnaby is having good time fun …

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Burnaby+politicians+pointing+fingers+over+rumour+students+being+injected+with+serum+with+video/10343163/story.html

The civic party aiming to knock off Burnaby Mayor Derek Corrigan in the upcoming municipal election is denying it’s behind an alleged rumour campaign targeting Mandarin-speaking Chinese voters that appears to be connected to the school district’s controversial anti-homophobic policy of three years ago.

Katrina Chen, who is running for school board as part of Corrigan’s Burnaby Citizens Association (BCA) team, said she laughed at first when a Mandarin-speaking acquaintance asked her two weeks ago if it was true that the BCA would allow Burnaby schools to use an injection on students that could turn them homosexual.

lol "gay injection"

lol anyone who actually believes there could be a gay injection.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 4, 2014, 12:32 p.m.

Maybe its a figure of speech. Hey FastOrange, what's the Chinese character for "gay injection"?

Nov. 4, 2014, 12:46 p.m.

Disappointed with VISION VANCOUVER's canned response

Nov. 4, 2014, 1:07 p.m.

Maybe its a figure of speech. Hey FastOrange, what's the Chinese character for "gay injection"?

lol….. must resist… urge… to comment.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Nov. 4, 2014, 1:33 p.m.

I'm wary of wading into political discussions here but, oh well, its NBR.

I live in CNV and I'll be voting for councilors who oppose the rapid densification that's been rampant in recent years. Unfortunately Mussatto will likely remain mayor. I'd like to see the 3 Bells, Rod Clark, Pam Bookham and maybe Via Fernley on council to cockblock Mussatto.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 4, 2014, 1:41 p.m.

I live in CNV and I'll be voting for councilors who oppose the rapid densification that's been rampant in recent years.

It's a City, increased density is pretty much the only option for population growth.

I think perhaps you mean you are against the growth?

Nov. 4, 2014, 2:27 p.m.

lol "gay injection"

Wouldn't a guy ejaculating inside of another man be a "gay injection"

I hear that is also how ebola spreads!

I live in CNV and I'll be voting for councilors who oppose the rapid densification that's been rampant in recent years.

I agree. Build suburbs up those empty mountains;)

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 4, 2014, 4 p.m.

ebola spreads!

I like her already!

viperfunk.com

Nov. 4, 2014, 4:32 p.m.

I think perhaps you mean you are against the growth?

the pace of densification is too fast

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 4, 2014, 4:51 p.m.

I looked up Port Moody (my area) and our current Mayor, who is running again, isn't even listed. The bike hub site makes it look like we should vote for Gaetan but in fact, Mike Clay is not only in favour of biking in general, but has proven to be a big supporter of mountain biking.

Please don't base your decision solely on this website. It certainly seems to be lacking info.

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:27 p.m.

I live in New Westminster.
There's 4 white guys running for mayor, 22 people running for 6 council positions, and 13 people running for 7 trustee positions.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.