MP3 or discman?

Feb. 10, 2003, 8:36 p.m.

Originally posted by Gandalf
You do however need to buy new discs as they aren't rewritable (to the best of my knowledge anyway).

They are rewritable actually. I have an older model MD player, which doesn't have the mp3 capabilities, and I would swap it for a decent mp3 player anyday. It is a pain in the ass to record my discs real-time, but I would imagine mp3 capability would make it a whole lot easier and quicker to use….

Feb. 10, 2003, 8:50 p.m.

I got a Sony MD for X-mas and it's unbelievable. Discs cost like 5 bucks, their infinitely rewritable and the software that comes with it makes it so that you can burn straight from cd or from mp3 or whatever the hell you want. It's so easy to use. The dsics fit either 140 or 225 minutes of msuic, depending on the recording quality you use. Totally get one dude they are so worth every penny. Whenever you're tired of what you have just plug in and upload to your computer or erase the songs and download new ones…….you know you want one

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

Feb. 10, 2003, 9:28 p.m.

thanks a ton boys. i think maybe i'll go for a sony net-md. sound good?

Feb. 10, 2003, 9:41 p.m.

Originally posted by illomatic
I got a Sony MD for X-mas and it's unbelievable. Discs cost like 5 bucks, their infinitely rewritable and the software that comes with it makes it so that you can burn straight from cd or from mp3 or whatever the hell you want. It's so easy to use. The dsics fit either 140 or 225 minutes of msuic, depending on the recording quality you use. Totally get one dude they are so worth every penny. Whenever you're tired of what you have just plug in and upload to your computer or erase the songs and download new ones…….you know you want one

exactly what i told him on msn, they are so rad

illomatic - i dno if you've ever used an mp3 player but they have brutal battery life, and MD has AMAZING battery life! especially for 1 AA….

it also has its own recharger inside :thepimp:

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Feb. 10, 2003, 9:45 p.m.

Originally posted by gearwh0re
everyone tells me to get a sony MD player. i listen to everybody

heh, I got one last month and it's awesome. I'm surprised more people don't have 'em. 1 AA battery lasts a true 50 hours, no skips, over 5 hours of music on one disc(I average about 80 songs per disc), discs are rewritable over a million times, list goes on…

Feb. 10, 2003, 10:10 p.m.

I have a kazoo MP3 player. I love it, and it was pretty cheap to.

It's so small..it's so good for riding and snowboarding!

Feb. 10, 2003, 10:19 p.m.

I have an RCA Lyra MP3 player with 128mb built in memory and that's not even without the little card/chip thing. I can fit 30+ songs on it, and quality is awesome, it goes pretty loud, no skips, light, small, seemingly invincible (you can drop it from like a roof without it being damaged I would bet). Super easy to put music on too. :)

Feb. 11, 2003, 12:24 a.m.

i have a first gen md player, the ones w/o netmd where you have to record in real time. only holds 74mins, its ok, but it aint pimpin

then i got a mp3 player. creative nomad ii. that' the only thing i've been using for the last 6 months or so. i love it. but not being able to simply 'change discs' is a pain.

the sony netmd's are the ticket to go though. if you figure a mp3 player is about 130, then memory upgrade is another 80, you could buy a md player right there. and discs are hell ahceap

Feb. 11, 2003, 8:59 a.m.

email me of you want to buy a good cheap mp3 CD portable player $80.

[email protected]

Feb. 11, 2003, 1:54 p.m.

I have a MD player the cheapest one out ran me 130 usd and 10 bucks for 5 extra discs. its rocking man no skips super battery life, i love it

Feb. 11, 2003, 3:08 p.m.

Umm… Im confused, do you need a cd burner to write md's?

Feb. 11, 2003, 3:30 p.m.

Originally posted by freeeeeerider
Umm… Im confused, do you need a cd burner to write md's?

no man, the sony net-md has a built in burner! :thepimp:

Feb. 11, 2003, 3:42 p.m.

i've have 2 md players, i had the first generation one where you could record from anything with a headphone jack and now you can use the usb cable that just as fast as an mp3 player. mp3 isnt as durable, take way more power and the memory cards can be up to like 80 bucks and an md cost around 5 bucks and they come in 6 packs for 20 bucks. with the new ones there's all these options and functions and YOU CAN'T SKIP THEM. impossible, i've dropped mine like 30 times and still 100% skip-free, oh ya, on the higher ones, the have a shock-resistant casing out of magnesium and they have around 80 hour battery life with a built in charger and charger cradle. i put 2 hours worth of music on my md in around 10 minutes or less, definitely worth the money.:thepimp:

:canada: :::WANTED:::
used hydraulic disc front, some tires about 2.5 maybe rims pm me

Originally posted by Dirt For Breakfast
religion is a disease