Moving to Vancouver

March 31, 2015, 12:10 p.m.

My family and I are moving to Vancouver. My son and I (he is 9) want to move to north or west Vancouver for obvious biking and skiing reasons. I have only been to Van to bike so I only know the north shore and that is is great for biking. What is North and West Van like for living with a family?
Are the schools good, homes reasonably priced as compared to the rest of Van, crime rate compared to other areas, access to stores ect…
If North and West Van is the ghetto or the highest price for homes ect… where would the best alternative to live in Van and still have good access to the trails?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

March 31, 2015, 12:19 p.m.

Check out this link to see the price of real estate.

If you are looking for a nice detached house be ready to spend 900 thousand plus.

Outside of the area you have outline North Burnaby is another option but it's still right up there.

March 31, 2015, 12:20 p.m.

http://www.slice.ca/money/photos/10-richest-cities-in-canada/#!0529ffbde2123e1ed75aa50c9a52e7da

Ghetto of Vancouver, Avg net worth of 2.79M. :lol:

March 31, 2015, 12:31 p.m.

if you don't have the budget to buy in west or north vancouver you could always look at buying in the Fraser valley. Not sure where you are working but the real estate prices are reasonable (for metro vancouver) and the riding is great in the valley.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

March 31, 2015, 12:58 p.m.

March 31, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

My family and I are moving to Vancouver. My son and I (he is 9) want to move to north or west Vancouver for obvious biking and skiing reasons. I have only been to Van to bike so I only know the north shore and that is is great for biking. What is North and West Van like for living with a family?
Are the schools good, homes reasonably priced as compared to the rest of Van, crime rate compared to other areas, access to stores ect…
If North and West Van is the ghetto or the highest price for homes ect… where would the best alternative to live in Van and still have good access to the trails?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

u funny.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

March 31, 2015, 5:50 p.m.

That map above is almost 2 years old. Add another 10-20%

March 31, 2015, 10:16 p.m.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Where are you moving from?

There is so much comedy in your question, I don't even know where to start !

March 31, 2015, 11:08 p.m.

Where are you moving from?

There is so much comedy in your question, I don't even know where to start !

Drop by and say "Hi" when you get here

April 1, 2015, 9:04 a.m.

Check out this link to see the price of real estate.

If you are looking for a nice detached house be ready to spend 900 thousand plus.

Outside of the area you have outline North Burnaby is another option but it's still right up there.

$900K+ (if you're lucky) for a something that's been re-done by the owner or $1.2M+ for something done by a 'professional'.

And that's why town-homes are in demand.

April 1, 2015, 9:19 a.m.

$900K+ (if you're lucky) for a something that's been re-done by the owner or $1.2M+ for something done by a 'professional'.

And that's why town-homes are in demand.

All it takes is a bit of know how to get into this market. It's perfectly reasonable when you consider the alternatives.

April 1, 2015, 9:26 a.m.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

April Fools!!!!

April 1, 2015, 9:36 a.m.

All it takes is a bit of know how to get into this market. It's perfectly reasonable when you consider the alternatives.

That's true. Ran into a guy on Shakespeare Ave two weeks ago who bought his "handyman special" ("complete with a flea infestation", his words) for $29,000 in 1974 and just sold for $930K a few weeks ago. He kindly informed us his $400K credit line balance was cutting that in half, but still, good for him. Not a designer home by far, but the new owner will have options given the ample lot size.

April 8, 2015, 10:12 a.m.

Salary needed to buy a house.