mormon recruiters

June 18, 2013, 2:30 p.m.

I saw them canvassing all the houses down my street a few weeks ago while I was out in my garden … 2 guys - clean cut, white shirts, ties, dress slacks, each carrying a book and a file folder. I couldn't wait for them to stop by and ask me if I'd "heard the Good News". They just walked right past me - not even eye contact. I guess 6 ft, 210-pound guys with hair halfway down to their waist like me are beyond redemption.

I have a buddy in Utah who has quite a few cool mountain biking friends. Some of them are even excommunicated Mormons because of their sinful lifestyles.

June 18, 2013, 3 p.m.

I find it interesting how some religions need to recruit while others won't let you in without jumping through major hoops.

June 18, 2013, 3:11 p.m.

I had just finished reading Heinlein's version of Job and a couple days later, a knock came on my door. Can't recall what religion he was selling, but he wanted to discuss the bible. I told him what I had just read, and that I'd enjoy sitting with him and comparing what I had gleaned from the SF version vs what he knew of the biblical version. I truly was interested. He turned me down cold, and made some comment about all fiction being worthless and of no point for discussion.

I thanked him for him time and sent him on his closed-minded merry little way.

[HTML_REMOVED]I have since read the biblical version - it's a much harder thing to read.[HTML_REMOVED]

Similarly, I've read the SF Inferno several times, and Dante's Inferno only once. Dante's was interesting, but I'm sure it probably meant a lot more to people back in the day that were familiar with local political going-on, and the local social hierarchy. There was cheater notes, but still…

June 18, 2013, 4:05 p.m.

They get pissed when I go into explicit detail about the threesome I once had with Marie Osmond and my wife. It was hot. That mormon bitch can fuck.

Wrong. Always.

June 18, 2013, 4:43 p.m.

how come they never come and knock on my door? all i get for fun is finding crackheads in the front seat of my truck going through my glove box…i could use a mormom to blow off some steam every once in a while

I'm ignoring Smedley.

June 18, 2013, 5:39 p.m.

We had Jehovah's Witnesses coming by our house 6 days a week for nearly 2 months. One of them even had the nerve to tell me I was stupid for not trying to save my daughter.

I finally had to call the local church and ask to be taken off their list.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 18, 2013, 5:44 p.m.

I would ask them if you get 5 extra wives for signing up..

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

June 18, 2013, 6:39 p.m.

I thought mountain biking and bikes where a religion.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 18, 2013, 8:03 p.m.

I had a friend in highschool who was sent to do mission work for the mormons in Aussie land. Never saw him again, was a cool guy.

I've never actually had anyone be rude or come back continuously. Maybe it's also because I have always lived at the top of a big hill. We also don't get many homeless bottle collectors for this reason. Maybe after they saw me they realized they didn't want me in the group.

June 18, 2013, 8:22 p.m.

I find it interesting how some religions need to recruit while others won't let you in without jumping through major hoops.

what one makes you jump thru hoops?

June 18, 2013, 8:29 p.m.

They need to up their game, to like 75 or 80 virgins.

June 18, 2013, 8:39 p.m.

The one that jumps out the most to me is Scientology.

June 18, 2013, 9 p.m.

They'll get those dress shirts dirty and work hard if you ask them to help you. As long as you let them gab away. My neighbour had them haul about 50 cement stepping stones that were 12" x 12" from his back yard to the front. Was bloody funny to see cuz the neighbour sat down and drank beer, smiled, and waved all of us to come and watch.

June 18, 2013, 9:02 p.m.

LOL at you people opening the door for them

i met them twice on 3 road
once just coming home from work, then they harassed my dad and neighbour both just watering their gardens! same fucking guys! up and down the street. dont they understand no means no and it wont change next week?

June 18, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

judaism