get another M8 for $0 and sell the iphone - net profit of $500
33.3%
get another phone for $100 and sell the iphone - net profit of $400
22.2%
get an iphone 6s 64G for free
44.4%
Total votes: 9
Dec. 11, 2015, 8:06 p.m.

so here's the deal - i'm currently running an htc one M8 that is getting replaced via the extended warranty (the rear camera crapped out) so i have a $650 credit to any phone at best buy. i really like the M8, wicked battery life, great sound, good other stuff and an ok camera. i'm with telus but not on a contract and my plan is renewable for a contract and my current plan is better than anything telus offers.

i'm basically looking at three options:

A. get a new M8 for $0 when i renew on a 2yr contract. then buy an iphone 6s 16gb or 64gb outright at best buy with the credit and turn around and sell it for a quick profit of about $500

B. get a samsung S6 or S5 Neo/Active for $100 when i renew on a 2yr contract. then buy an iphone 6s 16gb or 64gb at best buy with the credit and turn around and sell it for a quick profit of about $400

C. get an iphone 6s 64gb on a 2yr contract for $0 by using my $650 credit

what says the hive mind of nsmb?

note: i'm open to suggestions of other phones/carriers if i can get a better plan that what i have now

- unlimited minutes/text
- 1G data
- vm/cf/cd/etc
- $70/month

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 12, 2015, 9:14 a.m.

If you like the M8, stick with it and sell the iPhone to pocket the $500.

Ride: Ibis Mojo HD
Club: CMBA
Talent: None
:beer::canada:

Dec. 12, 2015, 9:43 a.m.

If you like the M8, stick with it and sell the iPhone to pocket the $500.

I agree, stick to what you know and like. I have never got into any Apple products, but some people really like their iPhones. I personally love Andorid, and in particular Samsung phones.

I have the new S6 and it is a great phone, awesome cameras both front and rear (with voice command to take pics or to instantly record video) - but the battery is nothing to write home about, but I use a mophie case on all my phones. mophie adds $125, but you can drop you phone all day everyday without busting your phone and it significantly adds to your battery life. I should add, the S6 and new Android OS make it easy to optimize apps and stop them from sucking battery power and using data.

Dec. 12, 2015, 10:20 a.m.

i just went from an s4 to an iphone 5 fo free and its pretty coo. i like the smaller screen size

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Dec. 12, 2015, 12:27 p.m.

Don't know about plans with a device, but on Black Friday Fido had BYOD plan of $49 that included unlimited international messaging, unlimited Canada calling, and 2GB of data.

I like my S5. Battery life, display, and speed are great. Charges really fast. It's dust and waterproof, so I don't worry about taking it out riding or hiking. Camera is pretty good for a smartphone.

Of newer devices, the G4, Note 5, Moto X, and Z3/Z5 are all great devices.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells