Mma Blitzzzzzz

Jan. 16, 2009, 1:20 p.m.

PS - gooch, how did you feel about big nog getting knocked out by frank mir of all people? I was about ready to throw a beer bottle at the tv after that card was over.

i never really liked mir, and i like nog a lot so it was tough to see, was hoping to see a real ground war between two guys that know their stuff

meh

Jan. 16, 2009, 1:21 p.m.

I have always been a huge fan of both penn and gsp, but after watching that ufc primetime show i lost a lot of respect for penn. He looked like a lazy fool. No rich kid from the warm snow will ever beat a poor kid from the freezing snow.

bj is really good at saying things that get inside other people heads, i think some may be show, and some is just the way he is, but i would like to see gsp smash him cause i think he belongs at lightweight and not welter

meh

Jan. 16, 2009, 1:57 p.m.

i never really liked mir, and i like nog a lot so it was tough to see, was hoping to see a real ground war between two guys that know their stuff

I was the same. I was excited for a good ground battle. I think that nog wasn't prepared for how good mir's boxing has gotten, and I hate to say it but I think nog's age and past battles have caught up with him.

Jan. 16, 2009, 2:18 p.m.

I was the same. I was excited for a good ground battle. I think that nog wasn't prepared for how good mir's boxing has gotten, and I hate to say it but I think nog's age and past battles have caught up with him.

well he certainly has taken his share of shots, but now lesnar is gonna cream mir so its all good, not that i want lesnar to win

meh

Jan. 16, 2009, 5:54 p.m.

IMO you have to respect Mir for battling back from all the issues that he had…I hope he destroys Lesnar…he may be cocky but you have to be in the cage…

:beer:These pretzels are making me thirsty!!:beer:

Jan. 16, 2009, 8:49 p.m.

the more this sport evolves, teh more the two old gaurds (UFC [HTML_REMOVED] Pride) meet, the less i am able to make accurate outcomes. I realy cant call a damn thing any more. Im stoked to see a good card, and the next few weeknds keep my intrest peaked. Lets get it on!!….Gib up!!?? Gib Up!!!???

WTF, Over?

Jan. 16, 2009, 10:18 p.m.

One name I haven't heard being brought up as someone to face Lesnar is Gonzaga. I would like to see that fight happen. Whatever, whoever it takes, I want Brock outta there.

Thread killer

Jan. 16, 2009, 11:35 p.m.

^^^Barrnett, Mirr,Gonzaga, Silvia, most of these big heavys must be lickin thrier chops…Lesgnars lack of experience must raise a few eyebrows to who is a threat…Well Fedor must giggle him self to sleep at night.

WTF, Over?

Jan. 17, 2009, 5:22 a.m.

^^^Barrnett, Mirr,Gonzaga, Silvia, most of these big heavys must be lickin thrier chops…Lesgnars lack of experience must raise a few eyebrows to who is a threat…Well Fedor must giggle him self to sleep at night.

Lesnar already has an athletism that many fighters should aspire too. He has some ground game and he picking other aspects up. All this to add to an enormous physique. Fedor's fought big beasts like Semmy Schilt, who had no ground game, and could only outpoint him…if he waits too long I think Lesnar will be beyond him.

UFC needs to rethink their signing. Most of the heavyweights fight with chub and sit between 205 and 240, meanwhile Brock is cutting to hit 265. Unless they want a Japanese fight circus division they'll have to add that supermiddle weight division and bring light heavy to 225 lbs. And bring in more freaks for the heavyweight div.

Jan. 17, 2009, 11:04 a.m.

I think mir will beat lesnar. No one should forget mir was a phenom prior to his accident. And vs nog he looked AMAZING. Plus he came in that fight lookin cut at 255. It won't be tough for him to get up to 265 to match lesnar. With that said fedor would kill both of them. It will be interestin when barnet gets to the ufc. He like the forgotten heavywieght superstar
Posted via Mobile Device

Jan. 17, 2009, 11:28 a.m.

Lesnar already has an athletism that many fighters should aspire too. He has some ground game and he picking other aspects up. All this to add to an enormous physique. Fedor's fought big beasts like Semmy Schilt, who had no ground game, and could only outpoint him…if he waits too long I think Lesnar will be beyond him.

UFC needs to rethink their signing. Most of the heavyweights fight with chub and sit between 205 and 240, meanwhile Brock is cutting to hit 265. Unless they want a Japanese fight circus division they'll have to add that supermiddle weight division and bring light heavy to 225 lbs. And bring in more freaks for the heavyweight div.

Im not sayin Lesnar is not athletic or strong. He has a helluva base to become a phenom. I agree 110% in a cut of for heavy, or super heavy. 240 is a good number but maybe a bit lighter? Mir is a big heavywieght. He may not make a cut to that either. Im a bit stunned that Coleman could make 205, so maybe Lesnar could make 240?

WTF, Over?

Jan. 17, 2009, 11:44 a.m.

the more this sport evolves, teh more the two old gaurds (UFC [HTML_REMOVED] Pride) meet, the less i am able to make accurate outcomes. I realy cant call a damn thing any more. Im stoked to see a good card, and the next few weeknds keep my intrest peaked. Lets get it on!!….Gib up!!?? Gib Up!!!???

well there are two lines of thought

1. pride was "known" to look the other way on performance enhancers, and the whole mentality over there was more to have a good fight rather than just the win, having a few lossed on your record isn't the same over there as it is in the states

2. the cage favours wrestlers, and the guys in the ufc with a good wrestling base do very resonably, even without good striking to go with it, pride was so much more a bjj and striking game, westling was much more a minor player

meh

Jan. 17, 2009, 8:17 p.m.

the thing about hendo and franklin is, where does the winner go from here? neither can beat the spider and who really wants to see franklin try a third time? so where do they stand in ufc? kinda like matt hughes, no where to go now. can't beat gsp and really only one fight makes sense. hughes vs serra. but only cause of the bad blood. if not for that there's really no other fight for him.

They are fighting at light heavyweight now. I'd like to see the winner face someone in title contention, like either rampage or machida, and the winner of that fight get rashad, but it seems that rampage is getting his chance no matter what.

the two matts are fighting in julyish.

Jan. 25, 2009, 11:28 a.m.

What did you guys think of the Affliction show? I really enjoyed it…lots of finishes…Note to Dana White---Please sign Fedor…PLEASE!!!

:beer:These pretzels are making me thirsty!!:beer:

Jan. 25, 2009, 12:05 p.m.

Video of the Fedor/Arlovski fight.

http://www.mmashare.com/fedor-vs-andrei-arlovski---full-fight-video-affliction-2--t3966.html