Mis-carrying woman denied abortion in hospital, DIES

Nov. 16, 2012, 12:20 a.m.

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/europe/2012/11/2012111571550507545.html

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/11/13/we-are-all-savita-halappanavar-catholic-hospital-in-ireland-denies-woman-life-s-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwVs_uOSq5E

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 16, 2012, 6:06 a.m.

Blog, How I Lost Faith In The Pro-Life Movement.

Pro-Life Abort

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Nov. 16, 2012, 6:42 a.m.

Blog, How I Lost Faith In The Pro-Life Movement.

Pro-Life Abort

To be fair to Tungsten (I dont even know why Im backing him here) this woman was not denied an abortion of convenience,but one required during a medical emergency. The irish are hiding behind the catholic church on this issue.

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 16, 2012, 8:04 a.m.

This situation is ridiculous. Whoever denied her the abortion should be charged with her death.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 16, 2012, 9:42 a.m.

and this is why i dont read the news often…

Nov. 16, 2012, 9:43 a.m.

Her death was "god's gift". Check out this douchebag

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/rep-walsh-says-no-need-for-abortion-to-save-mothers-life/

Luckily he is no longer in office.

Nov. 16, 2012, 9:50 a.m.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/rep-walsh-says-no-need-for-abortion-to-save-mothers-life/

He should consider it "god's gift" that nobody has beaten him to death yet.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 16, 2012, 9:50 a.m.

This situation is ridiculous. Whoever denied her the abortion should be charged with her death.

So the entire Irish government?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 16, 2012, 9:51 a.m.

Joe Walsh?? Isn't he busy laying pipe? Ah wait, that was David Wilcox. Joe Walsh was "life's been good" - My maserati does 185 and all that.

Anybody think that Rep Walsh looks far too much like Fonzie?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 16, 2012, 9:51 a.m.

Meanwhile some cunt in T.O. is claiming a human rights violation because some Islamic Barbers won't cut her hair for religious reasons. Life saving abortion vs hair cut. Hmmm….

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 16, 2012, 1:04 p.m.

This is jus sad, very, very sad. I honestly wish that her family can somehow cope with this.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Nov. 16, 2012, 1:30 p.m.

So the entire Irish government?

Kn.

Too bad for the current govt. in power, but somebody at the top should feel the pain and be forced to suffer the indignity of dismissal for the last 20+ years of dithering.

Really, Irish women should go on a general strike and drag their partners along forcing those neanderthals in power to fucking act.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 16, 2012, 1:37 p.m.

When I studied in Ireland ten years ago, I had a chat with a bouncer during a party night at the uni's student union. He told me that the current problems (unemployment, crime rate not only in Ireland but Europe as a whole, climate change, etc.) was more or less directly related to the emancipation of women. He was serious. I am not kidding. And there were lots of folks who were backwater-ish in this regard.

- Kristen Ulmer

Nov. 16, 2012, 4:49 p.m.

This is jus sad, very, very sad. I honestly wish that her family can somehow cope with this.

I don't think I could handle the injustice. It would eat at me every day of my life.

I'm having a hard enough time processing that my step mother who never even visited my dying dad in hospital gets almost a million and I get nothing since he never botherd to make a will.

Nov. 17, 2012, 11:59 p.m.

I don't think I could handle the injustice. It would eat at me every day of my life.

I'm having a hard enough time processing that my step mother who never even visited my dying dad in hospital gets almost a million and I get nothing since he never botherd to make a will.

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that.

I agree with you, I had a nightmare tonight, I say my little one falling to death. I woke up from my own scream.

The Irish givernment should really think about this - how can a country be part of a bigger Union in the 21st century, wherer Bruxels is coordinating more and more, and then this? We are not talking about a fundamentalist third world country here.

The British The Independent runs an article about it, stating that

It is already clear that the Irish government will have to bow to public opinion. One minister admitted "action in some shape or form" will be taken. Dublin has also been under pressure from the European Court of Human Rights which has handed down a judgment criticising the Republic's current law on abortion.

Link to the article

- Kristen Ulmer