Mexican dental work

Jan. 23, 2014, 6:50 p.m.

I'm heading to Mexico in a few weeks for a holiday, thinking of getting some dental work done since I'll be there around the same time I would need to visit a dentist anyways.

Anyone here have any experiences or opinions?

Jan. 23, 2014, 7:10 p.m.

I would say bring your own pain killers, and a bag of cash. Could be dodgy, you're nuts.

Jan. 23, 2014, 7:19 p.m.

Dental holidays to Mexico are getting pretty common. My cousin spends Winters in Arizona. He went to some Mexican border town to have some work done and raved about it. Apparently is was quite cheap and the clinic was luxurious and state of the art, with professional staff. I'd say research the clinics but otherwise, go for it.

Jan. 24, 2014, 12:31 a.m.

Wtf!

Jan. 24, 2014, 8:11 a.m.

Sounds like a recipe for waking up with one less kidney.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 24, 2014, 8:25 a.m.

My Dad had dental work performed in Mexico. He was also later diagnosed and underwent surgery for a brain abcess. They didn't know what caused the abcess but dental work can be one possibility. There is no way to say if this was actually the cause or just a coincidence.

Jan. 24, 2014, 9:29 a.m.

I would say bring your own pain killers, and a bag of cash. Could be dodgy, you're nuts.

Why? The USA is where Canadians go to get cheap meds and Mexico is where USA goes to get cheap meds.

If what you want isn't available over the counter then just go pay 200 pesos to a clinic so they can write down a list of names of what you need and go to the pharmacy yourself. Unless it's hardcore painkillers or addictive then you don't need a prescription. But remember the generic names might be different in Mexico and the pharmacist probably won't speak a lick of English because they don't usually deal with tourists so brush up on your Spanish.

ps If you're in PV then just buy Tequila from one of the many qualified Tequila/Time Share dealers. Then do it the old fashioned way. 1 swig of Tequila 1 minute with the drill 1 swig of Tequila 1 minute with the drill. You'll wake up in a dry riverbed outside of town with perfect teeth and a new time share condo.

pss How bad are your teeth? If you can last 3 months why not go get Blue Cross then after the 3 month waiting period to get dental work then go max out the plan.

Jan. 24, 2014, 9:35 a.m.

The USA is where Canadians go to get cheap meds

wat?

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 24, 2014, 10:14 a.m.

pss How bad are your teeth? If you can last 3 months why not go get Blue Cross then after the 3 month waiting period to get dental work then go max out the plan.

not bad at all, I just need to have a few fillings replaced and considering I could get gold done in Mexico for close to the same cost as silver amalgam in Canada it was worth thinking about.

Plus, nothing says gangster like gold!

Jan. 24, 2014, 10:17 a.m.

Sure go for it,
When I need surgery I source Doc's working out of their home garage, the saving is substantial…how else do u think I can pay for Carbon bits

Hit or Miss I'd say?

Jan. 24, 2014, 10:26 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 24, 2014, 11:02 a.m.

Anyone here have any experiences or opinions?

Never done it and likely wouldn't as between my wife's [HTML_REMOVED] my extended coverage we are mostly covered for dental, other than for a few expensive treatments.

Anyway, read this page before you go through with it:
http://www.bcdental.org/Dental_Health/Default.aspx?id=5695

Jan. 24, 2014, 12:03 p.m.

you guys have no sense of adventure! :lol:

I'm surprised not a single person in the great NSMB think tank has been to Mexico for dental work, sounds like it's become a pretty common thing with Canadians and Americans who spend the winter down south.

If I decide to give it a try I'll post my thoughts afterwards but…on second thought I'm not so sure I want to spend even a moment of my holiday in a dentist chair!

Jan. 24, 2014, 12:05 p.m.

http://www.sayulitalife.com/dentalsayulita

Looks pretty not bad.

http://www.sayulitalife.com/malja
Free stay with work over $5000. Ariba!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 24, 2014, 12:07 p.m.

If it was me I would make sure to get some referrals even if only online reputable before making this move.

Maybe start here.

http://www.patientsbeyondborders.com/mexico

Nothing worse than some shady doctor drugging you out only to wake up missing a kidney, liver and having the tattoo "cock socket" written across your forehead.