MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

March 29, 2016, 1:55 a.m.

While there might be a lot of snow there now, we've had great luck there the last three years or so going May long weekend.

I should be off the boat late Friday or early sat and will be looking to ride. Maybe Vedder the following Friday?

March 29, 2016, 10:31 a.m.

We usually go up to onion may long weekend and while the riding is good one needs to expect to run into a ton of downed trees(usually taken care of with a small saw) and a bit of snow on the higher trails.

I've heard that bear creek is pretty decent right now.

Rode Bear Creek this past weekend with the kids. Snow in unexpected places (there were a few patches in the shady areas right in the pits themselves) and lots and lots of trees down on all the single track. We had a great time, but expect to get turned around on a lot of trails, or spend a lot of your time pushing through snow and/or clearing windfall.

KF

April 12, 2016, 10:20 a.m.

Looking for advice for a trip to Moab next month - moto (TE310), not mtb.

Tires - planning to run an MT43 on the rear, but what for the front? I was going to switch back to my local favorite Scorpion Pro, but I'm not sure sharp knobbies are the best choice down there. Would I be happier staying with the much more rounded MT21 I'm currently running?

Trails - what are the "must do" trails in the area for moto? Never been there before, and we've got 3-4 days to play. All B+/A riders (i.e. A loop of Loose Screw for sure but not the hardest parts of the A loop at Mcnutt) on small KTM/Husky/Berg dualsports.

Thx!
KF

April 12, 2016, 10:55 p.m.

Bear Creek was not too bad. First day we did spend some time clearing some trees but today we managed to get some decent k's in. Fun trails .I had never ridden there before but will definitely be going back.

April 14, 2016, 7:19 a.m.

Looking for advice for a trip to Moab next month - moto (TE310), not mtb.

Tires - planning to run an MT43 on the rear, but what for the front? I was going to switch back to my local favorite Scorpion Pro, but I'm not sure sharp knobbies are the best choice down there. Would I be happier staying with the much more rounded MT21 I'm currently running?

Trails - what are the "must do" trails in the area for moto? Never been there before, and we've got 3-4 days to play. All B+/A riders (i.e. A loop of Loose Screw for sure but not the hardest parts of the A loop at Mcnutt) on small KTM/Husky/Berg dualsports.

Thx!
KF

trials /free ride tires, something hard with more rubber to the ground that won't get eaten up to quickly by the rock.

April 14, 2016, 2 p.m.

I have used Michelin trials tires you can have. front and rear . worn but probably hook up fine on that stuff.

I just like being the new tire hero

April 14, 2016, 2:23 p.m.

Anyone use a trailtech Voyager? https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/3311/29868/Trail-Tech-Voyager-GPS-Computer

the engine temp is necessary and the RPM and GPS breadcrumb trail features would be sweet on the snowbike and I think would be a nice add on when my 500 is in Duel Sport Mode.

they look kind of cheap tho.

April 14, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

Thanks for the offer but I wanted to try the MT43 anyhow so will run a new one on the rear. I'll bring a new front with me but will try the MT21 for the first day, sounds like it won't be an issue.

I have one of the other trailtech speedo units, not the voyager. Engine temp and warning lights work great but the air temperature is ridiculously inaccurate. Tach seems to work pretty well but like any digital unit its a bit jumpy compared to an analog tach. GPS seemed like an expensive but pointless gimmick to me, as I normally use my phone as well as my Inreach for tracklogging and navigation.

April 14, 2016, 4:30 p.m.

Thanks for the offer but I wanted to try the MT43 anyhow so will run a new one on the rear. I'll bring a new front with me but will try the MT21 for the first day, sounds like it won't be an issue.

I have one of the other trailtech speedo units, not the voyager. Engine temp and warning lights work great but the air temperature is ridiculously inaccurate. Tach seems to work pretty well but like any digital unit its a bit jumpy compared to an analog tach. GPS seemed like an expensive but pointless gimmick to me, as I normally use my phone as well as my Inreach for tracklogging and navigation.

you get into some crazy places on the snow bike. Imgine bushwacking though the forest at 15kms an hour. no trails just go where you can fit your bike through. its easy to get pointed the wrong way

knowing where your tracks are without pulling out the phone would be great.

April 14, 2016, 6:13 p.m.

Anyone use a trailtech Voyager? https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/3311/29868/Trail-Tech-Voyager-GPS-Computer

the engine temp is necessary and the RPM and GPS breadcrumb trail features would be sweet on the snowbike and I think would be a nice add on when my 500 is in Duel Sport Mode.

they look kind of cheap tho.

John Shoenrock(sp?) had/has one and had a few issues. Touch base with him for further details.

I do remember there being some info out there on some forums with people having some issues but its not like there were a ton of complaints. From most of the issues I heard, it sounded like trail tech was really good with helping out.

I know the GPS I have, which is the Montana(same as Dave's) there is a problem with it being rigidly mounted but there is a fix out there….involved disassembling it and hot gluing the gps sensor to the board. Google it and have a look see.

April 14, 2016, 6:42 p.m.

you get into some crazy places on the snow bike. Imgine bushwacking though the forest at 15kms an hour. no trails just go where you can fit your bike through. its easy to get pointed the wrong way

knowing where your tracks are without pulling out the phone would be great.

Yeah, we did a snowbike tour a few years back up at Coq lakes, loved it, I can see how you could end up in some weird spots. That said I personally don't like trying to look at a bar-mounted GPS when riding, it's one or the other - ride or navigate. If I'm so messed up that I need to check the GPS to figure out which way to go, I pull it out. In cold weather I wear a belstaff armored jacket with a chest pocket where I keep the phone/gps and while it's a minor nuisance to check, it hasn't failed me yet!

But to each their own, of course.

April 17, 2016, 2:42 p.m.

To the asshole boyracer wana bees on KTMs geared up in full enduro cross pyjamas on the forestry road above Harrison Lake on Saturday….thanks for going by me at WOT.
You owe me a windshield, a headlight and hood repair

April 19, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

The BMMC Route of All Evil is this weekend on the 24th.

Register online here.

It should be a great ride!

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

June 18, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 18, 2016, 2:15 p.m.

Holy shit.

yeah bro!!