MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Nov. 20, 2015, 6:16 a.m.

Has anyone watched the Super Enduro Series on RedBull? Crazy looking courses

Sounds like our boy Rob Warner is doing the announcing of it.

redbull app is dope eh

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 11, 2015, 7:36 a.m.

Anyone done any Timbersled conversions on an eduro bike?

looking at a 500 EXC and putting on a timbersled kit

they advertise the new 2016s to be the a big step up from last year, not sure how real that is.

any other tips?

Dec. 11, 2015, 7:58 a.m.

I bought a 2015 Kit kit last year for my 390 Husaberg.

Piss poor snow here on the east coast of newfoundland though so only got out a few times - but those few times were awesome :)

I had thought about selling my 2015 kit and just getting the '16 but its hard to sell the 15's as so many are trying to do the same.

Instead , I bought the new track and TSS for this year as those are the major upgrades for the 2016. There is a toss up between the track or the TSS being the biggest improvement.

For big powder days and very little trail riding the track is the best improvement (2.5" paddles vs. 2" and the angled cut of the track are the big differences in tracks)

Supposedly the TSS (Timbersled Suspension strut?) isn't such a big deal for these endless powder type situations.

Lots of rough terrain/trail riding is where the TSS really shines (and on jumps of course) from what I hear. So for me and our type of riding/terrain both will really help me get the most from my 2015 kit.

You can find some good deals on barely used 2015 kits and upgrade track and/or TSS - or just go w/ the 2016 for all the other upgrades as well.

Either way, you'll have a blast :)

One thing, the new 2016 kits are having some chain rub issues currently and lots are expecting TS to come out with some solution. A bunch of people are just fixing it themselves with a spring loaded tensioner.

Lots and lots of info on the facebook group called: Timbersled Mountain Horse Snowbikers

Also check out the snowest snowbike forums: http://www.snowest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Dec. 11, 2015, 8:19 a.m.

APT and I rented one last year for the day a short and a long track.

on that day the short track was the winner( 25 CMs of heavy pow) if it was light and fluffy I think the long track would be the ticket

so did you do heavier springs on the berg? also assuming I need a new fender kit.thermobob and airbox ?

oh and supermoto wheels for summer

Dec. 11, 2015, 8:31 a.m.

Stock springs on the berg are fairly soft - as are most enduro bikes, especially compared with their MX siblings.

Mine stock were .48's and I went with .52 racetech springs. Not a huge change, but I didn't want to always be swapping so this was a nice compromise for when its in dirt duty.

I'm a little heavy for stock anyways (210 maybe when fully geared up) and upgraded the rear spring @ the same time.

supermoto wheels are a must :) My berg is currently still in sumo form but getting ready to be torn apart for winter action!

I didn't bother w/ a thermo kit - but I do have a thermo temp guage now so i'll see what is needed, maybe just some engine shrouds to help keep the heat in.

I have a smaller enduro style fender on my bike so I don't think its an issue on hitting the tunnel - but w/ the TSS this season that could change.

I'm unsure on the airbox, the way the 70 degree husaberg's are designed it's not a problem for us, no changes needed. But I do believe i've seen KTM people talk of having to do airbox mods.

I'm in the middle of installing heated grips (just the basic enduro eng. ones that go on under your grips) and i'll likely get something to keep the cold off my hands: https://giantloopmoto.com/product/bushwackers-hand-guards/

Dec. 11, 2015, 8:48 a.m.

Anyone done any Timbersled conversions on an eduro bike?

looking at a 500 EXC and putting on a timbersled kit

they advertise the new 2016s to be the a big step up from last year, not sure how real that is.

any other tips?

A buddy is running a Timbersled on a 500XC-W, which is pretty much the same bike as the EXC. No issues.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

Dec. 11, 2015, 8:49 a.m.

Rat, I believe you mentioned you sled also. Will you be keeping the sled if you get set up with a snow bike?

Dec. 11, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

Rat, I believe you mentioned you sled also. Will you be keeping the sled if you get set up with a snow bike?

No ill be selling the sled. don't get out enough on it, I only have room for one more toy and a summer dual sport is pretty attractive.

Dec. 11, 2015, 3:10 p.m.

^^ what's on the short list for a D/S bike Rat?

Ride More Bitch Less

Dec. 11, 2015, 3:14 p.m.

Buying a 2014 KTM 500 exc from a friend.

Dec. 11, 2015, 3:37 p.m.

You will not be disappointed. Been thinking about offing my 525 for one.

I'm looking around for a DS'd 4hun down here for my groms to rip on. All the good loops out behind Leavenworth really benefit from having a plate. Similarly for the long haul loops we've been doing from Tyax out to Dog Creek et al.

Ride More Bitch Less

Dec. 11, 2015, 3:51 p.m.

I found some great trails that would be DS stuff up in the chilcoots last trip but I still cant bring myself to not take the trials bike instead.

can PM you the deets

Dec. 11, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

Hear ya on the trials. Killed me to sell mine but spending more time pedaling.

Fire away on the PM, I'm wondering what you rustled up…

Ride More Bitch Less

Dec. 11, 2015, 4:54 p.m.

besides the massive cost of timbersledding your bike, is it extra hard on it? i'm thinking it would be super hard on the engine.

Dec. 11, 2015, 6:15 p.m.

No ill be selling the sled. don't get out enough on it, I only have room for one more toy and a summer dual sport is pretty attractive.

My sled is on the buy 'n' sell also. The dollars to fun ratio just isn't there.