MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Dec. 27, 2014, 7:37 p.m.

Lol…6'5". That bike was made for you.

Dec. 28, 2014, 9:34 a.m.

I ran NoToil for 5 years all through out the Kamloops summer. Sometimes so dusty that you can't be within a couple hundred meters of another person because you can't see! I have been in races that were so dusty that you had to follow the dude with the tail light and trust his lines. Complete whiteout (beige-out?). You finish the race and your filter looks like a block of dark chocolate.

I have never used grease on my filter with NoToil. Never a spec of dust past my filter. This silt has such fine particulate too.

It doesn't hurt to use grease, but you don't need to. NoToil is the best stuff and its vegetable based, non toxic.

Ya me too. Lived in Kamloops for half of my life. Thats why i would never skip the grease. I cant say if you need to, only that i would never risk it considering the brown flower fog you speak of. I know that haze all too well. I have only used no toil for about the last 5 years. I dont ride a ton. I still would not skip it.
Im not even arguing your wrong. It is your bike after all. I would not want to hear Geoff at GP moto scream at me if i skipped the grease. he may chase me around the shop with a wrench.

WTF, Over?

Dec. 28, 2014, 9:48 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeEC_hxclh4

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Dec. 29, 2014, 9:13 p.m.

Anyone get anything moto for Christmas or boxing day ?
I ordered some new foot pegs with removable pins and a better skid plate (scorpion)
got a dirt rider mag in the stocking but that was it.

Still need a 18" rear wheel and a set of fresh Golden tires but thats going to have to wait a while.

RIDE BIKES
:canada:

Dec. 30, 2014, 11:15 a.m.

Gloves
Motoz Mountain Hybrid(on its way)
Socks

Dec. 30, 2014, 11:28 a.m.

Tubliss rear and a Michelen X11 for the KTM

Dec. 30, 2014, 1:52 p.m.

Gloves
Motoz Mountain Hybrid(on its way)
Socks

Post up a quick review of that Motoz when you get a chance.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

Dec. 30, 2014, 2:39 p.m.

Anyone get anything moto for Christmas or boxing day ?

Delorme inReach. Finally got somebody to do a SPOT vs. Delorme comparison side by side and the Delorme did a better job of getting the emergency notification out from under a heavy canopy. So now I carry the inReach. Nice little insurance policy on remote rides.

Dec. 30, 2014, 3:21 p.m.

I had the spot and now have an inreach. way better reliability, plus the two way communication is key

Dec. 30, 2014, 3:33 p.m.

Post up a quick review of that Motoz when you get a chance.

Will do!

Excited to try it to compare between the AT81, GT216X, and MT43 I've been trying!

The GT216X is my favorite for Mcnutt, but is wearing pretty fast.

Dec. 30, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

I bought the wife a pipe for her 105 and trials lessons. Gotta love having a spouse that is easy to shop for.

Dec. 30, 2014, 5:58 p.m.

I bought the wife a pipe for her 105 and trials lessons. Gotta love having a spouse that is easy to shop for.

yeah, i hear ya. i got davem a gift card for tim hortons.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 30, 2014, 6:04 p.m.

yeah, i bought myself the Husaberg! now that's xmas! just changed the oil and filter today, flushed and changed coolant. lots of metal particles in the oil :[ wonder how it was maintained by previous owner….

double take mirror clamps arrived today, now i can legally ride on the road. waiting for Sicass switchgear (new signals/lighting; key ignition; EFI mapping switch).

Dec. 30, 2014, 6:08 p.m.

really want to hear more about that Motoz mtn hybrid tire as well. i know it' asking a lot but i sure would like a tire that is better on road while still having good off road performance. the pure knobbies (trakmasters) on the berg are not great on the road. feels a bit squirrley above 70kms which i don't care for! if these trials type tires are better off road, yet still smooth and good on the black top, i can't imagine a better situation. i'd almost like to start a moto tire thread but maybe a different forum….

Dec. 30, 2014, 7:21 p.m.

yeah, i bought myself the Husaberg! now that's xmas! just changed the oil and filter today, flushed and changed coolant. lots of metal particles in the oil :[ wonder how it was maintained by previous owner….

double take mirror clamps arrived today, now i can legally ride on the road. waiting for Sicass switchgear (new signals/lighting; key ignition; EFI mapping switch).

WINNER for the best Christmas gift.

I'm guessing this isn't your first street bike, you have your mc license?

I hope the metal particles weren't actually in the oil. That's why the filters,
screens and magnetic plug is there. I wouldn't worry about a few pieces, if there is a lot I would be concerned.

For Christmas I got some new plastics for my dual sport.

Chainsmoker 8)