MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Sept. 11, 2014, 12:18 a.m.

not sure if someone is in need of some moto boots, but a guy on KTMtalk.com is selling some brand new Gaerne SG12 for $375 including shipping within USA. Only downside is they are KTM colors. Smoking deal for an awesome boot.

EDIT: SOLD. Didn't think they would last long.

dude paul sells them for that price, call him if your looking. thats the reason why i own 3 pairs, if i paid retail i'd be riding in construction boots.
ps: i bought a pair of new sidi crossfires and no comparison to the sg12 for comfort…..now only if the sg12 could resolve the issue of allowing buckets of water into the boot they'd be onto something. the crossfire keeps the feet bone dry without the use of gortex socks and bcl bags lol

Sept. 11, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

going to sell my GasGas ec200 if anyone is interested. it needs a bit of work,

needs 1 New Rad, and the bike needs to be taken to a pipe guy to get it to mount properly.

other than that new top end, all new bearings newish rubber, new plastics, new graphics. fresh chain,sprockets, forks done at RMR with no rides on it.(firm and medium springs. shock serviced. 2000 firm( i just spent 1300 on it)

Nice bike as they are about an inch shorter than most MXs and they have a nice power delivery so a great novice or intermediate bike

-pic snipped-

That is a nice little ripper of a bike Rat, nice price too. I had the '05 version for a while when I was recovering from a shoulder reconstruction and it was a lot of fun to ride in the tight stuff. My EC250 is going on the block too…hate to do it but no time to ride these days.

Ride More Bitch Less

Sept. 11, 2014, 10:26 a.m.

its a fun bike for sure but I wanted to update my stable to newer bikes that require a little less toolbox time. both my moto and trials bike are now 2013s with low hours.

Sept. 19, 2014, 11:27 a.m.

where can i find no toil products for the DR ?

Sept. 19, 2014, 11:32 a.m.

^^^^AFAIK, it is not specific to any model. You just have to either clean your filter of all gas residue(after a normal clean), let it dry completely and begin with new No Toil gear. You should find it any where like holeshot, no limits, it is fairly mainstream. I like the prefilters for interior or lots of FSR riding. Dunes for sure.

WTF, Over?

Sept. 19, 2014, 11:51 a.m.

http://gnarlyparts.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=dr650+air[HTML_REMOVED]osCsid=d7f6d904adff13a8423201ab3523be25[HTML_REMOVED]x=0[HTML_REMOVED]y=0

http://gnarlyparts.ca/index.php?cPath=33_9187

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Sept. 19, 2014, 4:54 p.m.

Start by watching a tech video on rockymountainatv.com aboput how to clean and oil your air filter.

Sept. 19, 2014, 5:29 p.m.

dun that pete . . . just gotta get the product , but thanks all

Sept. 28, 2014, 12:39 p.m.

just got a fire breathing, rip snorting new bike! a klx250s dual sport. how's that for a sewing machine? my first bike, just picked it up yesterday. just took the full motorcycle course, afternoon one on one with the instructor. cool stuff.

tubes vs tube less for motorcycles?

Sept. 28, 2014, 1:57 p.m.

you'll find the tubeless setups pretty pricey and the pay off might not be worth it.

Great if you like running low tire pressure but not sure if that would be good for on the road.

Sept. 28, 2014, 4:15 p.m.

just got a fire breathing, rip snorting new bike! a klx250s dual sport. how's that for a sewing machine? my first bike, just picked it up yesterday. just took the full motorcycle course, afternoon one on one with the instructor. cool stuff.

To my knowledge, Tubliss does not recommend its products for street use.

That said they work awesome with Goldentyre GT216X at Mcnutt!

Sept. 28, 2014, 6:38 p.m.

I ran tubliss on my klx with no issues.
Nothing wrong with road use, lots of people use them.
Never hear of a road related failure.
Still on the front after 4 years ( on a different bike now)
The rear inter tube failed this summer, I think I pinched it during a tire change. I may go back to tubliss in the rear, just a tube for now.

Enjoy your plated dirt bike.:rocker:

Chainsmoker 8)

Sept. 28, 2014, 9:12 p.m.

bring that thing out to the dualsportbc NOOB ride on oct 19 .

on another note , i just completed a loop i've been wanting to do for years : whis - van - harrison lake - lillooet river / lake - pemberton - whis .

i just put a 30 liter tank on the DR and had to learn a little lesson about fuel level / fuel line vis a vis gravity / siphon but other than that it was a great ride .

beautiful weather , good riding partners ( harrison leg only ) spectacular scenery , good side story ( came upon a guy shocked into unconsciousness laying on the ground beside his truck ), extracurricular activities ( hillbilly rock rolling into the lake ), and the bike performed flawlessly after the problem was sorted ( easy fix : put more gas in the tank :lol: )

ride stats : left whistler at 06.45 and did just under 500 km in just under 11 hours total time . couple hours stopped , moving average 60 kph , max 120 ( on the slab obviously 0 .

hope to get another big loop in before the weather goes off . . . something up chilcotin way maybe .

Sept. 28, 2014, 11:46 p.m.

Got one did ya …. i think its going to have to be a winter must ….

To my knowledge, Tubliss does not recommend its products for street use.

That said they work awesome with Goldentyre GT216X at Mcnutt!

RIDE BIKES
:canada:

Sept. 29, 2014, 7:02 a.m.

Got one did ya …. i think its going to have to be a winter must ….

Trials tire traction in a knobby…what could be better?

The wear seems to be not bad so far either.