MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

June 7, 2012, 4:46 p.m.

Just picked up a new woods beast.

Never thought I would buy a Husky but I could not refuse the deal.

09 WR250 all guarded up and ready to go for under 3k. Boom.

Should be fun, the chain is on the wrong side and the kickstarter is a Dr. Seuss model…lol

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

June 8, 2012, 12:20 p.m.

rockymountainatv.com has a father's day sale on

Highlights..

oil filters 99c
brake pads 3.99
19" tyres $39

I've actually used all the above, and they're good stuff

June 8, 2012, 1:14 p.m.

Just picked up a new woods beast.

Never thought I would buy a Husky but I could not refuse the deal.

09 WR250 all guarded up and ready to go for under 3k. Boom.

Should be fun, the chain is on the wrong side and the kickstarter is a Dr. Seuss model…lol

That is a great deal, and Husky makes some rank, rank two strokes. They are race bikes right out of the gates with a power band that more suited to an experienced rider like you. I was even impressed with the WR 125 and the power to weight ratio was excellent.

WTF, Over?

June 8, 2012, 1:26 p.m.

Yes the Husky demands a lot more attention than the 200 that's for sure.

Taller and wants you to be standing full time.

I am currently not good(fit?) enough to ride this as well as my KTM.

Man o man is the motor delicious. Lugged 3rd all over the place last night!

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

June 8, 2012, 1:33 p.m.

Yes the Husky demands a lot more attention than the 200 that's for sure.

Taller and wants you to be standing full time.

I am currently not good(fit?) enough to ride this as well as my KTM.

Man o man is the motor delicious. Lugged 3rd all over the place last night!

so are you getting rid of a KTM 200? What year?

WTF, Over?

June 8, 2012, 1:38 p.m.

Its a 2001 MXC.

I will not let it go for less than $2500, I just put a Scorpion plate on the bottom($120), and a JD Jet kit($120) as well as new bars and grips($100). Rebuilt the fork seals but they are a bit leaky again….

I have made this thing purr and even tho it was old it did not get ridden for years.

I have already had lots of emails thats for sure. Tough to find a woods weapon for under 3k.

Low ball guys can swing from mine lol.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

June 8, 2012, 4:49 p.m.

Low ball guys can swing from mine lol.

love it. :lol:

how about a PS3 and some homebrew?

June 8, 2012, 5:05 p.m.

Home brew sounds good. Got a dusty ps3 already.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

June 8, 2012, 11:52 p.m.

So… you picked up an 09 for less than 3000. Yet you won't sell a 2001 for less than 2500. Cool.

June 9, 2012, midnight

Shop around buds. Just because I found the deal of the year doesn't mean everyone will. I have done my research and know what's out there.

If someone can find a better bike than my 200 cheaper that's cool.

I can honestly say the new bike is sick but the 200 is pretty close.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

June 9, 2012, 2:10 p.m.

I saw the bike on CL. Im sure you will get some one to bite on it, there is not a lot of those out there right now. I have a real cheapskate when it comes to buying my gear. I paid less, but i sunk some money into it, and now it is dialed like a swiss watch. the 200 would not be for me.

WTF, Over?

June 16, 2012, 3:58 p.m.

Alright which one of you Canadians is camped next to me at the national enduro in Wyoming?

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

June 18, 2012, 10:48 a.m.

Onion Lakes is ready to roll, we cut out Axe Lips and Moonraker…so tasty right now!!

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

June 18, 2012, 11:08 a.m.

So I have a stock YZ250F with no spark arrestor on it. I think noise wise, it's not too bad, but it needs a spark arrestor.

I have a DRD aftermarket exhaust system that came with the bike that i've yet to use. It does have a spark arrestor, but the guy I bought the bike from says its pretty loud. I've tried to find noise level readings for it, but have nothing so far.

So it sounds like most riding areas in the interior will be getting cracked down on….will the DRD pipe and exhaust pass the test or should I be looking for another option? I could fab up some type of screen for the stock exhaust….or am I worried about nothing?

June 18, 2012, 11:37 a.m.

So I have a stock YZ250F with no spark arrestor on it. I think noise wise, it's not too bad, but it needs a spark arrestor.

I have a DRD aftermarket exhaust system that came with the bike that i've yet to use. It does have a spark arrestor, but the guy I bought the bike from says its pretty loud. I've tried to find noise level readings for it, but have nothing so far.

So it sounds like most riding areas in the interior will be getting cracked down on….will the DRD pipe and exhaust pass the test or should I be looking for another option? I could fab up some type of screen for the stock exhaust….or am I worried about nothing?

Good for you for the interest, there are still many guys out there running extremely loud bikes and it is the number one problem and yes they will be cracking down more often. Unlike the days of old louder does not mean more power. On my yzf250 which is over the 96db, I uses a db dawg, 50 bucks and solves both problems. Or go fmf with a stealth and it will sound cool but way quieter. If you go to Bear Creek or a track get someone to test your bike. I got my 350 tested there and it was 93, and a stock 450 suzuki tested at 118 if you know something about how db is calculated 118 is like 5 times louder as a person would recognize, crazy…if you wanna hear when your older get a pair of ear plugs even if you bike is under 96…and you ride a lot…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona