MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Oct. 17, 2011, 12:48 p.m.

Tell me this does not give you goose bumps. A 750cc, 2 stroke four cylinder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etv7R-uw2Qc[HTML_REMOVED]feature=player_embedded

Oct. 17, 2011, 1:50 p.m.

This probably applied to a lot of mountain bikers too.

Changes to Resource Road Act coming: need your input

Do you use B.C.’s resource roads for work, recreation, or do you live in or visit rural communities that use resource roads?

If so, help the Ministry of Forests, Lands [HTML_REMOVED] Natural Resource Operations serve you better by contributing to the Natural Resource Road Act Project (NRRA) to improve resource road laws and regulation for the benefit of all users.

Comments are invited on a DISCUSSION PAPER that will help build the foundation for the NRRA. The principles and proposed policy framework presented in this discussion paper are the starting point for a single, streamlined law that applies to the construction, maintenance, use and deactivation of all resource roads in B.C.

For further information about this opportunity to help shape how we manage resource roads in BC, please visit the project website at http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/mof/nrra/index.htm

And for a News Release concerning this announcement follow this link: http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2011/10/simplified-resource-road-rules-ben...

We have been advised that MFLNRO may seek input from stakeholder working groups once the initial comment period is complete.

If you have comments or questions about this for BCORMA, please post on our forum: Government Policy: Resource Road Act

BCORMA requests that all summer-motorized backcountry recreationalist contribute so he have made input. Without your input, I can not get action on your input.

Peter Sprague, MSc.
Executive Director, BCORMA

Oct. 17, 2011, 1:53 p.m.

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/mof/nrra/feedback.htm

whoa, that was boring. I couldn't bring myself to fill it in.

carry on…

Oct. 17, 2011, 2:13 p.m.

they dont have any resources to enforce diddly on backroads.

down with government

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 17, 2011, 2:35 p.m.

they dont have any resources to enforce diddly on backroads.

Exactly. I have a friend who works for this section of government who says the same thing. How can the rules be enforced when they don't have the resources? Isn't there an abundance of out of work park rangers right now? In some areas like the lower mainland it might work, but for the rest of the province maybe not.

Oct. 17, 2011, 2:49 p.m.

just thinking off all the thousands of kilometers of roads in the south island.
I do see a plus if this means there will be serious penalties for garbage dumbers and other retards. but ill still rip my dirtbike wherever i want.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 17, 2011, 6:10 p.m.

Tell me this does not give you goose bumps. A 750cc, 2 stroke four cylinder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etv7R-uw2Qc[HTML_REMOVED]feature=player_embedded

Reminds me of the '76 Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo I had all through highschool. Two stroke triple, single pipe for each outside cylinder and a y-pipe dually for the middle cylinder. Thirty years ago and I can still remember the weird sound it made. Fast bike in a stright line, scary on the corners..

Oct. 17, 2011, 7:04 p.m.

Exactly. I have a friend who works for this section of government who says the same thing. How can the rules be enforced when they don't have the resources? Isn't there an abundance of out of work park rangers right now? In some areas like the lower mainland it might work, but for the rest of the province maybe not.

One afternoon on Duffy lake road, Greenstone road, Noble lake road, Scuitto lake road, and they would have dozens of locals busted. One truck and two LEO's could cover that ground easy…

I had a conservation officer snap pictures of our group riding up at Noble and then watch us load our bikes and he would snap a picture after each truck was loaded. I went and asked him what was up…. He said we would be getting fines and court appearances in the mail if there were any signs of riding illegal trails in the area we were in. Again…. EVERY rider he could prove in that area would be charged. For the record we were riding legal trails.

All they have to do is hand down a couple large fine to local asshole riders and word of mouth will self govern…

People are ignorant thinking it's still a lawless free-for-all…. The law is out there and I've talked to them on a few occassions…

Oct. 17, 2011, 8:27 p.m.

^^^^^ agreed. I have heard, that they have had a chopper used by the CO's as an enforcement agent. The ranchers have had serious issues with Noble for a while, and in the past have enforced it aggressively. Also batchelor. In the winter, if every thing else is under snow except Batch, they are up there.

A few bad apples can upset the cart for every one.

WTF, Over?

Oct. 18, 2011, 8:31 a.m.

Gaerne SG-10 or Alpinestar Tech 10….which one is better or do you prefer?

I guess SG12 should be in there too

Oct. 18, 2011, 8:38 a.m.

I had a conservation officer snap pictures of our group riding up at Noble and then watch us load our bikes and he would snap a picture after each truck was loaded. I went and asked him what was up…. He said we would be getting fines and court appearances in the mail if there were any signs of riding illegal trails in the area we were in. Again…. EVERY rider he could prove in that area would be charged. For the record we were riding legal trails.

A couple years ago a buddy and I were unloading our trailer at an area we didn't know was closed to riding. Some sort of authority figure with a badge came around and stopped us. Said that if we fired up those bikes, he would take them and the truck and trailer. We thought it wise to thank him for the information, and find another area to ride.

They are out there, and they have the power of law on their side.

Oct. 18, 2011, 8:38 a.m.

Gaerne SG-10 or Alpinestar Tech 10….which one is better or do you prefer?

I guess SG12 should be in there too

First choice is sidi crossfire but I guess between those two mentioned I'd take the gaernes. I had tech 8s that I hated, good protection but no mobility.

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Oct. 18, 2011, 9:04 a.m.

Sidis FTW

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 18, 2011, 9:45 a.m.

not as much protection on the sidi's if you ask me. after blowing my ankle id buy the beefiest possible. I have the SG10's and they are great but I think the tech 10's offer even more protection. probably comes down to fit.

Oct. 18, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

I have 2 pairs of the sg12's, they are the best boot u can buy and offer the most protection.
compare the sg12's to the crossfire and it will make the sidi look like a wet paper bag!