MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Oct. 15, 2011, 12:37 p.m.

I've looked into the "RUM" bike vs "MC" insurance thing and it seems transport Canada is really cracking down on converted off road bikes for street use. Even 'grandfathering' them once they have already been registered won't work. All those converted off road bikes you see on Craigslist or where ever probably won't be re-registered under a new owner.

To go even further, street legal Husabergs and GasGas' are not actually street legal in Canada because they say "Competition Use" on the badge. I was really looking at getting a GasGas 300 two stroke and plating it but its not going to happen. It has to say "MC" on the badge or it doesn't get a plate.

So it seems we are stuck paying $10k for a KTM or Husky, or being stuck with some pseudo off road Japanese DS bike.

Oct. 15, 2011, 1:14 p.m.

wayne, time to move the clan to Oregon or Colorado and get a street legal KDX.

or Baltimore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAA28sfKmiY

Oct. 15, 2011, 1:36 p.m.

A KDX, what am I insane? (don't answer that)

You can plate a 2 stroke mx bike in Washington state, sans blinkers.

Just imagine putting a plate on your off road bike and hitting up 'legal' trails.

Oct. 15, 2011, 1:44 p.m.

Ive seen a couple on pretty capable looking dirtbikes riding Hwy 1 around here.

Oct. 15, 2011, 9:48 p.m.

Hmmm, did a little more research and it looks like there could some trouble if a guy does get in an accident on the street and insurance finds out its a off road only bike. I was hoping to find a cheaper way to get a more off road capable dual sport than my DR650. KTM EXC's are worth a mint in my area. Actually I think they are worth a mint every where.
The link doesn't show up but I think its a pic of an 09 TE310. I would love to have a new TE310. Its a new engine and frame from the 09. Dual sports the way of the future.

Ya TE310, seems like the 2012 is getting pretty good reviews and with a few mods, would be a fully capable offroad bike.

Oct. 16, 2011, 8:17 a.m.

The beta 400r is platable as well. Sexy bike, big bucks though.

Oct. 16, 2011, 8:22 a.m.

I've looked into the "RUM" bike vs "MC" insurance thing and it seems transport Canada is really cracking down on converted off road bikes for street use. Even 'grandfathering' them once they have already been registered won't work. All those converted off road bikes you see on Craigslist or where ever probably won't be re-registered under a new owner.

To go even further, street legal Husabergs and GasGas' are not actually street legal in Canada because they say "Competition Use" on the badge. I was really looking at getting a GasGas 300 two stroke and plating it but its not going to happen. It has to say "MC" on the badge or it doesn't get a plate.

So it seems we are stuck paying $10k for a KTM or Husky, or being stuck with some pseudo off road Japanese DS bike.

streetlegal in spain.
gasgas are fucking awesome. buddy just got a brand new ec300 super jealous.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 16, 2011, 8:38 a.m.

streetlegal in spain.
gasgas are fucking awesome. buddy just got a brand new ec300 super jealous.

hee hee, just a matter of walking into the license office down here and asking for a plate for my EC250.

150km ride from Tyax out north into the plateau and back yesterday…no need for a plate though.

Ride More Bitch Less

Oct. 16, 2011, 9:35 a.m.

I think it might be worth the move to WA state just so I can run a dirt bike on the street.

Oct. 16, 2011, 9:35 a.m.

olypmic penisula would be fucking awesome.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 16, 2011, 10:04 a.m.

I think it might be worth the move to WA state just so I can run a dirt bike on the street.

Its so easy to do out here in colorado too, just fill out the paper work and get it inspected, all you need is headlight, tail light, DOT tires and a horn.

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Oct. 16, 2011, 5:56 p.m.

We popped our Nickle Mine cherry today. Wow that place is fun! We only had a couple/ three hours to scratch the surface. Going back for a long day asap..
Thanks Heckler for the quick tour it got us started just nicely. I hope ya tracked down the mrs without too much trouble.

Oct. 16, 2011, 8:38 p.m.

she was fine. she knew where she was going,and I did not. Thus, we parted ways temporarily. :lol:

Oct. 16, 2011, 8:43 p.m.

she was fine. she knew where she was going,and I did not. Thus, we parted ways temporarily. :lol:

umm isn't this a rule?

I bet conditions were perfect up there today.

Anthony was kind enough to tour me around Mcnutt today. It was a good ride.

Oct. 16, 2011, 9:06 p.m.

umm isn't this a rule?

I bet conditions were perfect up there today.

Anthony was kind enough to tour me around Mcnutt today. It was a good ride.

McNutt was in great shape today…finally got a good day in after a few month break. We rode up trials trail / sandman/switch blade/wedgie/ I forget the name / yellow gate / duff / shot gun / upper connector / willies / willies hole / wages of sin / canturbury / I forgetbthe name / gordies and trials trail out.

Willies and Hole were new for me…and Canturbury has had a lot of solid work since I last rode it. The folks maintaining mcnutt are doing a killer job.

Saw Anthony's truck but we didn't run into a anyone all morning except for twoguys working on gordies (thanks guys!).

Felt great to getbback in the saddle.