http://www.procycle.us/dskits/lightcoils.htm

Sweet!

Oct. 14, 2011, 6:33 a.m.

this guy does…
http://www.vancouversupermoto.com/page.php?id=35

http://www.vancouversupermoto.com/page.php?id=24

Sweet!

Oct. 14, 2011, 6:34 a.m.

Some F@cking Sh!t head took my KDX 220 last night. They cut through multiple locks but there are two heavy duty u-locks that must still be attached to the frame and rear wheel. If you see this bike please let me know and report it to the Coquitlam police.

I just bought the bike two months ago and only had one ride on it before work got really busy. It has a custom, one of kind decal kit on it that is purple and green plaid with a number 10 on the side plate. It has the original purple seat, original exhaust, green handguards, brand new tires (1 fuckin ride on them), custom mounted kickstand.

Oh and- dear thief - I hope you die a horrible death you freaking weak piece of crap.

Fucking horrible.

Oct. 14, 2011, 6:41 a.m.

Anyone have a reccomendation for tires for greasy clay type spooge?

Oem tire suck balls..super sketchy

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 14, 2011, 7:33 a.m.

Some F@cking Sh!t head took my KDX 220 last night. They cut through multiple locks but there are two heavy duty u-locks that must still be attached to the frame and rear wheel. If you see this bike please let me know and report it to the Coquitlam police.

I just bought the bike two months ago and only had one ride on it before work got really busy. It has a custom, one of kind decal kit on it that is purple and green plaid with a number 10 on the side plate. It has the original purple seat, original exhaust, green handguards, brand new tires (1 fuckin ride on them), custom mounted kickstand.

Oh and- dear thief - I hope you die a horrible death you freaking weak piece of crap.

That sucks dude. We will keep an eye out. It is pretty unique with the graphics kit so it could get spotted before they alter it.

WTF, Over?

Oct. 14, 2011, 7:56 a.m.

Anyone have a reccomendation for tires for greasy clay type spooge?

Oem tire suck balls..super sketchy

Mostly any soft conditions tire with good spacing and more of a paddle-type knob pattern than a typical tire.

Oct. 14, 2011, 9:09 a.m.

What should I look for in a used bike? I'm wanting something that is four-stroke, mostly want to ride trails in the woods, and do alot of FSR exploring - I can ride over 80km of logging roads and all kinds of old trails right out my back door. I'm an absolute beginner, I've only ridden a few trails on a motorcycle but really loved it, it felt pretty natural after riding a MTB for years.

I've ridden a few bikes before, a YZ125 which was lots of fun but I didn't really dig the 2-stroke thing, and my friends CRF230 which was easy to ride but when I tried to open it up on a trail the suspension felt like the equivalent of riding a 4" travel mountain bike on a DH trail..still fun, but not too smooth. Maybe the suspension just needs better tuning?

I want to spend at most $2000-2500 on a bike. I'm thinking something like an older XR250 might be good, maybe a DR350?

Oh great NSMB, decide my MBR future please.

outside of ride quality which is subjective , that price range 2 strokes make sense in term of maintenance and repair. 2 - 2500 is the bottom of the moto range most bikes will need some lovin and its alot more straight forward on 2 stroke.

those old xr's were bombproof though, chunky rides one and he gets around pretty good.

Oct. 14, 2011, 10:16 a.m.

outside of ride quality which is subjective , that price range 2 strokes make sense in term of maintenance and repair. 2 - 2500 is the bottom of the moto range most bikes will need some lovin and its alot more straight forward on 2 stroke.

those old xr's were bombproof though, chunky rides one and he gets around pretty good.

Sounds like the perfect bike is a kdx 200 or 220….we had one for kim and had it for 4 years, it ran like a top, we just sold it for 2600.00 and it was minty with a new top end and other goodies…look for one…they are a wicked bike, the suspension is old school but for trails it is one of the best off-road capable machines out there…the ktm 200 is the new school ripper which she has now and is one of the best bikes on the planet for anyone…tons of power etc. but they are more and older one is decent too but at your price range the kdx is pretty hard to beat…the xr's are great to as 4 strokes but harder to find parts for…as they are dinasours now…and yes chunky's bike is awesome and he takes care of it…and knows how to ride it…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Oct. 14, 2011, 12:27 p.m.

What should I look for in a used bike? I'm wanting something that is four-stroke, mostly want to ride trails in the woods, and do alot of FSR exploring - I can ride over 80km of logging roads and all kinds of old trails right out my back door. I'm an absolute beginner, I've only ridden a few trails on a motorcycle but really loved it, it felt pretty natural after riding a MTB for years.

I've ridden a few bikes before, a YZ125 which was lots of fun but I didn't really dig the 2-stroke thing, and my friends CRF230 which was easy to ride but when I tried to open it up on a trail the suspension felt like the equivalent of riding a 4" travel mountain bike on a DH trail..still fun, but not too smooth. Maybe the suspension just needs better tuning?

I want to spend at most $2000-2500 on a bike. I'm thinking something like an older XR250 might be good, maybe a DR350?

Oh great NSMB, decide my MBR future please.

I got my TTR230 for $2600, it is a 2006 on Craigslist. Police confirmed that was NOT a stolen bike. So far no issues or anything. It is a perfect beginner bike, and loves ripping FSR (which I did for the better 1/2 of my first year on the bike).

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Oct. 14, 2011, 12:56 p.m.

I third the 2-stroke vote. I liked the KDX so much, I bought two. Old school suspension can be updated. The KDX is very controllable at low speeds.

The TTR is a great beginner/intermediate bike, but you'll find the low ground clearance a problem once you get into the shit in a year from now.

What's your issue with 2-smokes trailworker?

Oct. 14, 2011, 1:01 p.m.

Well, my stripped oil drain is now fixed. A big thanks to schoenrock. He also pointed out that one of the bearings (countershaft) was toast, so I just need to wait for a replacement to arrive and then I can put it all back together (hopefully). Suzuki dealer wanted $65 just for that one small bearing. Ordered it online for $18.

This turned out to be quite a major project over just some stripped threads, but splitting the case was definitely the way to go. I found a lot of large chucks of aluminum in the transmission from when it was tapped and from the heli-coil install, so cleaning those out had to be done.

you get this thing running yet? I need to ride this weekend. Anyone else?

Oct. 14, 2011, 2:36 p.m.

you get this thing running yet? I need to ride this weekend. Anyone else?

I have kids hockey games but I might be able to head to hope with the little monkeys in tow if thier games line up

we had a fire last night while riding and I need more of that in my life

Oct. 14, 2011, 5:03 p.m.

hope sounds good. fun trails. Sat? Sun?

Oct. 14, 2011, 5:12 p.m.

I would look into a plateable 450f if you are going to lean towards the goon ride sort of thing. plateable 250f if you plan on riding alot of tight trails. It is nice to have the versatility of being able to hit short road sections to complete epic loops. Unless you are going to ride teh gnar, you probably wont need the capability of a dedicated woods or mx bike.

Whatever you get, you will have a blast on. Buy the best bike you can afford.

Oct. 14, 2011, 5:14 p.m.

I would like to ride tomorrow, but I am still kind of sore from a wipeout last night.

Sunday I'm out, as my roomate and I are going to get firewood. We have been putting it off for way too long.