MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:21 p.m.

so, is the area in question treed or is it mostly open kamploops inteior esque. someone got pics of what theyre talking about?

Don't have pics handy….

It's typical Kamloops terrain with pine and sage overgrowth… VERY dry conditions. The main issue is that the lower Duffy area is basically glacial silt and pretty sensitive to overuse and errosion..

The Upper Greenstone area/Inks/Chuwels area also gets a harsher winter and higher levels of snow…great for mother nature filling in the ruts and holes… a much beter area for a race…

I'm just wondering if they ran the race up the mid-section of the mountain bike trail…

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:26 p.m.

silt = that powder that clay turns into when its dry out?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:38 p.m.

silt = that powder that clay turns into when its dry out?

Pretty much…

The stuff around here drains so well it doesn't hold moisture. It can downpour for 3 days and we will be riding a couple hours after it stops. By the end of the day the trails are dust….

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:39 p.m.

I'm just wondering if they ran the race up the mid-section of the mountain bike trail…

YEP !! The lower section of the MTB trail had markers and was destroyed as well.

Don't know about the mid section further up, but the lower area is a mess now.

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:42 p.m.

YEP !! The lower section of the MTB trail had markers and was destroyed as well.

I'm sure the Full Boar challenge next weekend will absolutely love that….

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:47 p.m.

I'm sure the Full Boar challenge next weekend will absolutely love that….

I "think" they race the powerline, but you are right … its no wonder the MTB trail builders hate moto riders. After seeing the damage out there first hand, its hard to blame them.

Sept. 29, 2009, 10:46 p.m.

I'm going riding tomorrow, finally!
got the bike and gear loaded in the truck for after work south shawnigan blast.
fawkin eh!

Trucks and Guns.

Sept. 29, 2009, 11:49 p.m.

Are you trying to quit smoking or somthing Loopie?

Nope…never smoked.

Sept. 30, 2009, 8:28 p.m.

holy crap dirtbikes are awesome, that was a blast, everyone dropped their bike gently once, no major issues, just lots of fun riding with 3 old friends. fawk that was fun.

Trucks and Guns.

Sept. 30, 2009, 9:09 p.m.

^^ this…. instead of bitching and moaning.

From a guy who has a nasty job, has sat on the bench for 6mo unable to ride and has to fight for every free second he gets… Ride More Bitch Less

Ride More Bitch Less

Oct. 1, 2009, 9:47 a.m.

Well, there you go… maybe that will make a few people on here realize how badly the race course was laid out…running the race up a mountain bike trail :nono:

Yeah, the MTB trail originally was an MX trail up there, but anyone with common sense and that knows the area should have had a little respect for other trail users. Pretty common for MX bikes to use the MTB trail, but to run a race course over it:???:

Oct. 1, 2009, 9:50 a.m.

^^ this…. instead of bitching and moaning.

From a guy who has a nasty job, has sat on the bench for 6mo unable to ride and has to fight for every free second he gets… Ride More Bitch Less

must be nice to ride without a care and have your trails magically protected by the trail fairys…:rolleyes:

Oct. 1, 2009, 9:56 a.m.

I see you're paying attention. Good.

Ride More Bitch Less

Oct. 1, 2009, 10 a.m.

I see you're paying attention. Good.

And I see that you're not….. Sometimes you gotta make some noise to protect your riding areas…

Our ranting on this and other forums has raised the awareness to the heights of the GKMA brass. I (and others) have personally been in touch with the GKMA director and have been communicating by e-mail and phone…

Apperantly the ball is rolling on a trail protection strategy for the area…The pressure from the riding public is helping to push it through…I will post it in it's entirety when the information is made available.

I know the soil is pretty sandy in this area but people need to quit sticking their head in it….

Oct. 1, 2009, 11:01 a.m.

I'm not? OK, if you say so. :)

Ride More Bitch Less