MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Sept. 29, 2009, 4:50 p.m.

lee is testing a go pro HD.

to bad he dosnt have an HD TV.

I need to get some moto in soon….

Sept. 29, 2009, 5:27 p.m.

AAAAARGGGHHH!!!!!!

Flatted out of today's race. Fucking kill me. 3rd or 4th place off the line heading into the singletrack, passed a couple of guys then I'm in 2nd, can't see shit, huge side deflection off a rock and then I'm off course while about 8 guys pass me.

Kept doing that for the better half of the first lap. Made a nice pass on 2 guys in front of me. The dude in front tries to pass the guy in front of him, then I make the pass on both on the other side. That made my day………. up until I front flat AGAIN!!!

Cursing everything I know, I leisurely change it out and ride most of the course back and miss the cut off time.

I'm not too stoked on racing right now. :lol: How much are Bib Mouses?

P.S. I hate to sound like an ass but the amount of guys in amateur who won't move aside is way too frustrating. A buddy of mine told me to race Expert because mostly everyone is of equal speed. Should have listened. Does KTM stand for Kan'T Move over? Or Keep The Man from passing? Kidding of course, but damn that one guy in front of me who wouldn't give me any daylight to get through.

You don't sound like an ass….you sound like a typical Kamloopsian…. I'm not sure what is worse anymore….

All I heard at the awards at the last three Worlds is a bunch of whining Southern pussies that complained people wouldn't get out of there way….It's fucking racing you faggots….Nut up and pass or shut the fuck up….if you can't pass a fucking amateur THEN IT MAKES YOU A FUCKING AMATEUR!!!! So shut he fuck up, eat dust…..or pass if you've got the balls…

Good job by the GKMA……way to destroy the linking trail network (or should I say roads) out at Duffy last weekend…If you want a fucking road race get on a crotch rocket and hit the pavement. Drove out there tonight and that has to be the stupidest fucking race course I've ever seen layed out…

FUCK I'm pissed!!!…The Duffy Lake area is promoted by the GKMA as a recreational area. They fucked up by putting on a race up there…they destroyed a good portion of the linking trails that families and beginners use. They should have realized the silty lower trails could not sustain over 600+ tires rolling across it in a matter of hours. I'm sure they'll blame the fucking weather or something stupid… I know all you Southerners have sun baked brains but if you remember back a month we were in a drought…a small amount of fall rain isn't going to do any good on a silt trail….fucking retards…

Sept. 29, 2009, 6:26 p.m.

You don't sound like an ass….you sound like a typical Kamloopsian…. I'm not sure what is worse anymore….

All I heard at the awards at the last three Worlds is a bunch of whining Southern pussies that complained people wouldn't get out of there way….It's fucking racing you faggots….Nut up and pass or shut the fuck up….if you can't pass a fucking amateur THEN IT MAKES YOU A FUCKING AMATEUR!!!! So shut he fuck up, eat dust…..or pass if you've got the balls…

I'm not sure how to take that, but anyway…. yea certain areas were easy to pass, some were impossible. That's when you rev the engine, letting them know you're there, and then they move aside - that's proper etiquette and I'm pretty sure every racer knows it.

I gotta go check that course out again to see how bad it is. I only did 1 lap so I couldn't gauge how bad it must have gotten after 3 laps.

Sept. 29, 2009, 6:46 p.m.

Are you trying to quit smoking or somthing Loopie?

Sept. 29, 2009, 6:59 p.m.

wow that was quite the negative rant up there.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Sept. 29, 2009, 7:08 p.m.

I gotta go check that course out again to see how bad it is. I only did 1 lap so I couldn't gauge how bad it must have gotten after 3 laps.

WayneP … go and ride the area and see what you think of it now.

I have already complained to the GKMA about the destruction this race caused. I don't know why they could not stick to established race trails out at Inks or Chewels. Going in and destroying an area that kids and beginners ride is completely irresponsible.

The GKMA needs to re-examine their claims of "responsible off-road land use" they consider part of their mandate. I don't consider destroying an area used by kids and novice riders as "responsible" (the lower trail network).

It would be interesting to hear another perspective on the damage done.

Sept. 29, 2009, 7:11 p.m.

thats what happens after a race no?
the trails are trashed.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 29, 2009, 7:12 p.m.

I'm not sure how to take that, but anyway…. yea certain areas were easy to pass, some were impossible. That's when you rev the engine, letting them know you're there, and then they move aside - that's proper etiquette and I'm pretty sure every racer knows it.

Don't take that any way… Just utterly pissed off…I did not mean to direct it towards you personally. I just have a real hate-on right now for the locals. Just seems like every local I come across here doesn't give a flying fuck about the future of the sport…wether it be for recognition by their peers or simply a money grab…

FWIW….. I don't agree with the whole "flash to pass" thing at all….each to their own tho. Seems anywhere but here it is not considered race ettiquette. The whining pussies I was referring to where a bunch of local guys sitting around whining two years ago at the the Three Worlds race at Inks that no-one would get out of there way. They almost got laughed out of there….

And to whoever mentioned it….No…I'm not quiting smoking something…I drove up to Duffy and hobbled down the trails with a busted up ankle just to see one of my favorite trail networks half destroyed…one of the reasons I moved this area…I'm pissed off…..

Sept. 29, 2009, 7:16 p.m.

thats what happens after a race no?
the trails are trashed.

No… my point was there are 2 other riding areas that have well established race routes (Inks and Chewels) … the GKMA should have used those areas instead of destroying an area used by kids and new riders.

Sept. 29, 2009, 7:17 p.m.

No… my point was there are 2 other riding areas that have well established race routes (Inks and Chewels) … the GKMA should have used those areas instead of destroying an area used by kids and new riders.

didn't know that, sounds dumb on their part.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 29, 2009, 7:59 p.m.

I agree that this was not a wise choice for a race route. I actually though we were starting in Duffy and heading up Greenstone and over to Inks.

Separate from trail destruction, this lay out was dangerous. It was easy which made it fast, which made people go off course, hit trail garbage, and so on.

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:09 p.m.

Sorry to bring down the crowd…not much constructive criticism (sp?) from me today…still super pissed and firing rounds in any direction (so to speak)…

One thing I was pleasantly surprised with was the LACK of garbage out there. Even the fire pits in the questionable areas were free of garbage and burned off properly. Kudos to whoever cleaned them up or to the responsible campers…

I also noticed that on the limited trails I was able to walk I did not see any trail markers. Either it was THAT poorly marked or the organization took them down. If so, I commend them on that. It may deter some post-race running of the trails and more damage…

I agree with WayneP…..a start from the lower area would have been great for everyone…BUT the race should have made it's way towards the less sensitive area in the Inks, upper Greenstone or Chuwels area instead of chewing up the lower area…

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:12 p.m.

so, is the area in question treed or is it mostly open kamploops inteior esque. someone got pics of what theyre talking about?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:19 p.m.

Fail http://www.gkma.ca/GKMA/LandIssues.asp

Whatever happend to chasing ribbons through the forest or is that for XC only. Its kinda ironic moto trials have been destroyed by moto's. Tell GKMA to go groom the kiddie trails or make new ones.

Sept. 29, 2009, 8:21 p.m.

Its a mix of typical Kamloops silt and solid rock. I ain't no geologist but it looks like it was under water thousands of years ago, like the rest of the Loops. So you get a plateau essentially that has a mix of soft soil, loam, silt, and rock. Unfortunately the lower sections of the course were silt. If any of you race the Ranch last year you know how much of an effect mountain bikes have on it, well imagine a few hundred motorbikes.

Inks Lake and Chewels mountain are much higher, the dirt is harder, there's far more rock, and the higher you get it becomes almost sub alpine - very wet, rocky, rooty, and all that good stuff. It takes a lot to damage those trails in comparison.