MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

Feb. 23, 2017, 9:59 a.m.

How am I only finding this thread now?

I love riding my 899 around the North Shore and Van. I use it as a rain or shine commuter (12 months a year minus the snow storm days) and another way to have fun that I dont seem to be getting in cars anymore.

The bike has been great. I love the electronics as I can pretty much go out in crap weather and the bike will stay upright. Its comfortable. Gives me boners. But isnt fast enough to scare me. Its a great streetbike.

My third bike. Previous two were supermotos (2009 WRX and 2010 Duke 690). Super fun but I wanted a change. Everynow and then I think about getting an SM again….

Its gotta be raining pretty hard to take the car - and Ive got a sweet car! This bike puts a smile on my face like no other vehicle Ive had yet has.

How's the servicing cost on that bad boy? Also I hear the electronics are really finnicky; like if you lay it down even gently you're looking at a hefty bill. Curious as it's (well, the new 959) on my list as a potential next bike.

viperfunk.com

Feb. 23, 2017, 7:41 p.m.

Anyone here heard of the TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail) Mostly offroad 15 000km coast to coast.

I want to try it.

The wife and I rode sections of it on our across Canada trip a couple years back. Completing it is on my to do list. They are working on paving the Trans Labrador which is part of the TCAT. I hope to ride it before they do. It will probably take years before its paved though.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

March 6, 2017, 3:28 p.m.

Posted by: jpi

How am I only finding this thread now?

I love riding my 899 around the North Shore and Van. I use it as a rain or shine commuter (12 months a year minus the snow storm days) and another way to have fun that I dont seem to be getting in cars anymore.

The bike has been great. I love the electronics as I can pretty much go out in crap weather and the bike will stay upright. Its comfortable. Gives me boners. But isnt fast enough to scare me. Its a great streetbike.

My third bike. Previous two were supermotos (2009 WRX and 2010 Duke 690). Super fun but I wanted a change. Everynow and then I think about getting an SM again….

Its gotta be raining pretty hard to take the car - and Ive got a sweet car! This bike puts a smile on my face like no other vehicle Ive had yet has.

How's the servicing cost on that bad boy? Also I hear the electronics are really finnicky; like if you lay it down even gently you're looking at a hefty bill. Curious as it's (well, the new 959) on my list as a potential next bike.

Sorry, just seeing this now.

I don't think that they will be bad but Ive only owned the bike for a year and the only maintenance item Ive done is an oil change, and I did that myself. Other fluids are due around now (only 7000k on it with two oil changes so far) and I don't know if Ill do the other fluids myself or if Ill bring it to the dealer.

Electronics have been awesome so far. No glitches. Works as they claim. Bike has been 100% reliable. Ive owned it since 1800km.

I'm sure it wont be cheap if I dump it - I try hard not to do that. The electronics are a big help though. In the wet and in wet mode they're quite active (if I ride it like I'm in the dry!) and I stay upright (so far!).

March 13, 2017, 3:46 p.m.

Posted by: DdeanSorry, just seeing this now.

I don't think that they will be bad but Ive only owned the bike for a year and the only maintenance item Ive done is an oil change, and I did that myself. Other fluids are due around now (only 7000k on it with two oil changes so far) and I don't know if Ill do the other fluids myself or if Ill bring it to the dealer.

Electronics have been awesome so far. No glitches. Works as they claim. Bike has been 100% reliable. Ive owned it since 1800km.

I'm sure it wont be cheap if I dump it - I try hard not to do that. The electronics are a big help though. In the wet and in wet mode they're quite active (if I ride it like I'm in the dry!) and I stay upright (so far!).

Cheers

March 22, 2017, 7:47 a.m.

It's time again...

Odessa 100..my fifth trip..

Many riding categories, from family friendly, through dual sport to canon firing 100 mile racing!

http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/

March 22, 2017, 11:16 a.m.

Watched Moto 7 on RedBull last night.  The Hare scramble race and trail riding was sick.

March 24, 2017, 6:37 p.m.

The wife, myself and a few friends decided to go ride motorcycles in Vietnam.  Good times were had. If you want a sense of adventure, are somewhat interested in seeing Vietnam and love to ride motorcycles...I'd say its money well spent. 7 days of riding, a Honda CRF250l and all your food for $1500 USD. We followed it up with some beach time in Thailand. Excellent vacation to say the least.

Here's a little vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJcsBPsFE_M

May 6, 2017, 12:57 p.m.

^Sounds like a good time.

Does tire mousse only last 6 months like the product descriptions say?

May 7, 2017, 9 a.m.

6 months is probably on the long side for what I see most guys replace them at. At $199 or so I would only use them for racing. Tubliss is about $149 and while not flat proof, it works well for the weekend rider who want's less flats and to run low pressures.

A UHD 4mm tube combined with a good rim lock works pretty well too.

May 29, 2017, 12:08 a.m.

http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20170526/gifs_14.gif

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Last edited by: tungsten on May 29, 2017, 12:08 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 29, 2017, 11:07 a.m.

I need to stop watching that ^^^. I just dislocated my ribs (I'm in recovery from a bad crash on the MTB) laughing so hard. No funnies allowed!

May 30, 2017, 1:23 p.m.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 15, 2017, 9:25 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=kQ5hV-ESBd0

Oct. 16, 2017, 10:18 a.m.

^HA HA

That bike was possessed and on a mission.

Oct. 29, 2019, 2:55 p.m.

Thread bump!

Strongly considering a Trials moto  

Who sells and stocks a large selection of Gaerne (first choice) or Sidi boots in the GVRD or S2S region? 

Should I get a pair of Trials boots or are most people just using a SX or Enduro pair?