Mattress Shopping.

June 24, 2013, 6:56 p.m.

There is also Mr. Mattress at Clark and Venables. I have not shopped there but they seem to call out other sources of mattresses as being full of BS… so next time I need one, I am checking them out first!

Plus, their cheezy logo and name is awesome. Reminds me of Homer Simpson's "Mr. Plow". (that name again is Mr. Plow)

http://www.mrmattress.ca/

EDIT: people who have posted below do not recommend this place.

June 24, 2013, 7 p.m.

Mr Mattress! I've been there - their whole thing is that their mattresses can be flipped over (to even wear) versus all the new mattresses that you cannot. I found their prices almost the same as all the other shops

June 24, 2013, 9:06 p.m.

Foams seep gasses unless it is 100% latex (which is big bucks). I am allergic to many foams, so the off-gassing is a no go.

Hmmmmm…. I definitely don't want any further off-gassing in the bedroom.
I'm thinking of a foam mattress as I would have to fold it in half to get a queen size (mattress) to fit in my attic style bedroom.

Natural memory foam mattresses start at about $2,000. Maybe my future ex-common law spouse/wife will go halfers'. We'll have to work that one out in the pre-nup.

Is Mr.Mattress the place off Clarke that had the 50 foot Vanna White pin-up out back? Oh, I so wanted to take her and put her up on my favorite trail.

Bring your pink chainsaw Vanna!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpRXqUIM8-U

Let it flow, let yourself go
Slow and low, that is the tempo

June 24, 2013, 9:11 p.m.

I also recommend Mr Mattress on Clarke and Venables … the guy is straight up, no BS.

June 24, 2013, 9:19 p.m.

I also recommend Mr Mattress on Clarke and Venables … the guy is straight up, no BS.

But can he help me find the 50 foot Vanna White pin-up?!

Let it flow, let yourself go
Slow and low, that is the tempo

June 24, 2013, 9:24 p.m.

But can he help me find the 50 foot Vanna White pin-up?!

He'd probably get it made-to-order, like his mattresses are.

June 24, 2013, 9:33 p.m.

Natural memory foam mattresses start at about $2,000. Maybe my future ex-husband will go halfers'. We'll have to work that one out in the pre-nup.

Just buy it if you want him to stick around. A catcher prefers the pitcher to buy these kinds of things. Just ask Zed and Tack. It seems to have done wonders for them.

June 24, 2013, 9:35 p.m.

pass on the king size. you're too young and will probably move a bunch over the next few years and finding a place that can hold a king sized bed properly will be a pain.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 24, 2013, 9:38 p.m.

http://www.themattressgirlsandguys.com/

Bought a bed from them about a month ago. Similar bed with same specs at the Brick was $3500. We paid $1200 delivered.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 24, 2013, 9:38 p.m.

pass on the king size. you're too young and will probably move a bunch over the next few years and finding a place that can hold a king sized bed properly will be a pain.

I really, really wish somebody gave me that advice when I was 22. Reps delivered.

June 24, 2013, 9:54 p.m.

I really, really wish somebody gave me that advice when I was 22. Reps delivered.

Try having an orgy on a twin bed though.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 24, 2013, 10 p.m.

Try having an orgy on a twin bed though.

you're not so fat that you couldn't fit on a twin bed with a couple of dogs.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 24, 2013, 10:03 p.m.

Those full memory foam mattresses are heavy and awkward

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 24, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

Why cheap out on something that you spend like a 3rd of your life on? One example where you wanna get good quality.

Thread killer

June 24, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

All I can say is don't pay more than half price and pick the one you like. I bought a king Sealy at the Brick for $1100.00 delivered.

this, the Brick has good deals on quality mattresses. Bought ours and tnd kids there. No complaints.