Mass shooting in Florida.

June 13, 2016, 9:45 p.m.

Well actually his motives were that he was a closeted self-loathing gay muslim who had been going to the club for years. Calling 911 and "pledging allegiance" to ISIS was likely an attempt on his part to cover up that fact

June 13, 2016, 10:14 p.m.

Your stats are wrong. My opinions don't matter; if you have to ask what is respect regarding 50 innocent people being killed by a terrorist - after calling me out, then there's no point in trying to explain empathy to people that think like you - keep believing your lies and pointing the finger at me all you like.

his stats seem to have some basis of truth:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/us/how-often-do-mass-shootings-occur-on-average-every-day-records-show.html?_r=0

are there any stats to refute the NYT article?

fwiw in your first response to xxx'er you did make things up that he did not say.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 13, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

and if his stats are wrong, what's an acceptable number, half that or one mass shooting every two days? even if you cut the number of one every day on avg by 10 fold it's still way too high.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 13, 2016, 10:27 p.m.

what's an acceptable number,

= 2 car deaths? stupid is as stupid does!

:high:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 13, 2016, 10:43 p.m.

Well actually his motives were that he was a closeted self-loathing gay muslim who had been going to the club for years. Calling 911 and "pledging allegiance" to ISIS was likely an attempt on his part to cover up that fact

How do you know? Did you have sex with him? Maybe he were psycho and just liked to watch, like a cat will watch prey through glass, planning, planning.
Maybe he were proselytizing, converting lezzies to the joy of dick eh?
MAYBE HE JUST LIKE TO DANCE TO THAT AWFUL SHIT THEY PLAY IN THOSE PLACES?
Wait, Muslims don't drink, can they dance?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 13, 2016, 11:37 p.m.

Interested to know how this will sit with the population that hates Muslims and gays . . .

So this Islamic Terrorist, who is known to the FBI, walks into a gay bar in Orlando and kills 49 people with an assault rifle he purchased legally within the last 7 days…

I can tell you how this will sit: they won't want to talk about gun control. That's for sure.

They'll want to talk about everything else, except the guns.

Go figure.

June 14, 2016, 12:46 a.m.

So this Islamic Terrorist, who is known to the FBI, walks into a gay bar in Orlando and kills 49 people with an assault rifle he purchased legally within the last 7 days…

I can tell you how this will sit: they won't want to talk about gun control. That's for sure.

They'll want to talk about everything else, except the guns.

Go figure.

But I'm sure they'll generate some stupid memes.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 14, 2016, 6:01 a.m.

I still find it hard to believe even with this guy being flagged and interviewed by the FBI a couple of times he was allowed to purchase firearms . Any idea how many rounds he fired read somewhere he fired close to 1000rds . That,s a lot of ammo for one to haul into a club .

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 14, 2016, 9:27 a.m.

I hear ya daryl' . . . you can be sure they don't want to talk about that .

my observation was along the lines of ( redneck speaking here ) : " I hate on muslims , but I also hate on gays , but the muslim killed the gays , but it was an act of terrorism , or was it a hate crime ? . . . so does that mean now I like the muslim 'cause he killed the gays . . . oh I'm so confused ".

June 14, 2016, 9:29 a.m.

So a terrorist calls the police, says he is an ISIS terrorist and you say it's the gun that is the issue. Of course, you being you, want to drag me to your low level of no respect, but I have just been watching NBR be NBR. You stay classy.

:lol: Zed you trolling master. You have stated in the past you are OK with Canadian gun laws as they exist today so I am guessing you are also OK with gun laws that restrict terrorists from buying guns. So how is this not a gun issue again? It is all kinds of issues and guns is surely one of them.

Gun owners that go on about this subject perplex me. I have never met one that didn't manage to buy all the legal guns and ammo that they wanted and could afford yet they all want you to believe they are nailed to the cross, and then out of the other side of their face criticize anyone that wants pot to be legal.

June 14, 2016, 10:07 a.m.

he was a closeted gay dude who couldn't reconcile his tendencies and decided to take it out on others…what a sorry state of affairs, and buying the guns only a few days before, shame that the US can't have even remotely sensible gun purchase laws.

June 14, 2016, 11:28 a.m.

I hear ya daryl' . . . you can be sure they don't want to talk about that .

my observation was along the lines of ( redneck speaking here ) : " I hate on muslims , but I also hate on gays , but the muslim killed the gays , but it was an act of terrorism , or was it a hate crime ? . . . so does that mean now I like the muslim 'cause he killed the gays . . . oh I'm so confused ".

If you drew a Venn diagram where the circles were titled "Hates Muslims", "Hates Gays", and "Loves Guns" - that area in the center, where all three circles overlap, would capture a significant number of people, and I can almost guarantee that they would all have a few other things in common; they'd be mostly white. They'd be mostly male. They would undoubtedly vote Republican, and they would almost all identify as "Christian".

But to many of us, yes, they would all pretty much be regarded as Rednecks - and I bet they are all experiencing a veritable rollercoaster of emotions over this tragedy… The only thing they're sure of is that there would have been fewer casualties if someone in the club, other than the shooter, was also armed with an assault rifle. :crazy:

June 14, 2016, 11:58 a.m.

The only thing they're sure of is that there would have been fewer casualties if someone in the club, other than the shooter, was also armed with an assault rifle. :crazy:

Come on now, nothing wrong with turning a friendly old game of drunken fisticuffs into a drunken shootout in a packed club. Much like driving, I hear you shoot better when you've got a couple of wobbly pops in you :lol:

June 14, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

Your stats are wrong. My opinions don't matter; if you have to ask what is respect regarding 50 innocent people being killed by a terrorist - after calling me out, then there's no point in trying to explain empathy to people that think like you - keep believing your lies and pointing the finger at me all you like.

those weren't my stats they were posted by someone else

I didn't refer to the 50 people killed by a terrorist you did

I didnt call you out, I merely wondered why the person who starts 2 gun threads and posts masses of "stuff" is strangely absent when there is another gun thread albeit Mass killing by guns … big elephant in the room eh ?

I haven't seen you show any empathy either but the point is that mass killings by guns in the united states happens so often the public has become desensitized some of us included and so how can one possibly care?

I merely said another mass killing by guns ho hum

I think what really happened is you didn't really think enough about your usual judo troll before hitting enter

If you feel that butt hurt and feel that everyone is out to get you every single time you post something, why do you bother posting here?

June 14, 2016, 1:49 p.m.

I can almost guarantee that they would all have a few other things in common; they'd be mostly white. They'd be mostly male. They would undoubtedly vote Republican, and they would almost all identify as "Christian".

You never lived in America, have you.