Love this - Putin trying to force gas contracts in Roubles.

March 31, 2022, 1:03 p.m.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/putin-says-russia-will-enforce-rouble-payments-for-gas-from-friday/ar-AAVIwf4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=167f53e446b7451d93cd5143d4312dcb

WHAT A CLOWN

I understand why he did it - the rouble is down so much that he isnt getting many in return for the gas he is selling, but threatening to enforce contract law under this situation is laughable. Everyone except Germany wont care about walking away from their Russian gas, and this only forces Germany to find a quicker solution of a different source of gas than they otherwise would have, because they're certainly not going to be paying 4x for gas from Russia. Putin either has highschool kids as advisors or he is ignoring them all. Maybe he is going off of the Republican platform where cheap gas keeps you in power LOL? He has another round of debt due shortly, he knows if he defaults on that that his gas will actually be free. He needs this cash ahead of debt payments is my guess.

Rouble on the move higher it seems, up about 40% this week. 

Putin just killed the only source of revenues he had coming in and Russia is going to run out of places to put their gas. Wait to see what happens when the entire fossil fuel industry in Russia is sent on a 6 month holiday.

Im looking forward to the day when Ukraine starts salvo'ing rockets into Red Square. The world will cheer.

Last edited by: Ddean on March 31, 2022, 1:21 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 1, 2022, 9:40 a.m.

Am I looking at this wrong or will Saudi Arabia make a killing off this?  Can't they just open the taps and keep prices high at the same time thanks to Vlad?

April 12, 2022, 6:08 p.m.

The internet once said both Saddam and ghadaffi wanted to ditch the US petro dollar. But they're not Russia.

I also don't see how this is actually funny since it'll just mean we somehow pay more at the pump. How much gas does Canada import from Russia/ Ukraine or the EU?

April 13, 2022, 9:29 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

How much gas does Canada import from Russia/ Ukraine or the EU?

Crude imports from Russia were 3% in 2019 and 0% in 2020.

Dec. 9, 2023, 6:01 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

Putin just killed the only source of revenues he had coming in and Russia is going to run out of places to put their gas. Wait to see what happens when the entire fossil fuel industry in Russia is sent on a 6 month holiday.

Don't hold your breath.

'yurp is still buying Russian oil. They have to - it's what their refineries are built to refine. They're just paying more for it because they now have to buy it from Indian middlemen.

Ditto gaz. Russian gas is still being shipped via Turkyie. Also to Pakistan and a massive pipeline to China completed or near completion.

The "rouble to rubble". What a f'n joke. Russia was already one of the most sanctioned countries on earth prior to conflict and was already well positioned developing new industrys and markets.

Last January, the IMF was betting that the Russian economy would shrink by 2.3%. Now this outpost of the Treasury Department admits Russian GDP will grow by 2.2%. Actually it’s 3%, according to Putin.

‘Vkusno i tochka’ ("Tasty and On Time") is what Russian Mc D's turned into and unfortunately, they're thriving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2W1K14RrGw

[Moderator: thread locked, let's stick to a single thread about Russia]

Last edited by: [email protected] on Dec. 11, 2023, 5:38 p.m., edited 2 times in total.