Looks like the Coquihalla will be closed for the winter.

Nov. 16, 2021, 5:20 p.m.

Looking at the damage I keep thinking that there is going to have to be some sort of investigation into lack of maintenance/preparedness at those bridge crossing. Things like insufficient rip-rap at bridge piers and abutments, lack of channel clearing, etc. From a number of the pics/vids it seems that these measures would probably have prevented some of the destruction. 

I don't want to start a panic, but now may be a good time to stock up on essentials as Metro Van's capacity to produce those goods is limited. With road rail access to anything east of us is essentially cut off, we'll have to look south for a lot of our daily goods. Things are going to get expensive in a hurry.

Nov. 16, 2021, 5:25 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

Too soon to start a pool? 

When will the Coq re-open? 

My bet it it's maybe open for August Long weekend.  Winter snow is just about here to burry the Coq for a winter slumber, it's going to take most of the summer to repair it.

Yeah, I think spring or even summer is going to be optimistic considering the amount of damage that needs to be repaired. Essentially the entire highway from Hope to Carolin Mine Rd is going to have to be rebuilt.

Nov. 16, 2021, 6:05 p.m.

From what I have seen the Coq is a write off. The Number 1 has a bridge out in a challenging place to rebuild so who knows about that route.... So if Hope-Princeton is the only main access I wonder if they will send the snow removal equipment to Lillooet and plow the crap out of the Duffy all winter to keep access open? Looks like it held up ok although it's closed right now. It's a sketchy drive in winter even on a nice day. In a snow storm I wouldn't wanna do it again, white knuckle driving.

Last edited by: bux-bux on Nov. 16, 2021, 6:07 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 16, 2021, 6:35 p.m.

https://youtu.be/79ZZdsBpfTk

Nov. 16, 2021, 6:49 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, I love the footage but those are some seriously dumb people to be getting that close that shit.

Nov. 16, 2021, 8:13 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Posted by: XXX_er

wow ! Is the Canyon still open ?

edit: hy 7 is also closed

Its all closed. Vancouver has been isolated. Seems like a net positive to me.

OTOH the shelves are bare at safeway, 3 shits will be using a spoon to clean his ass instead of tp

Last edited by: XXX_er on Nov. 16, 2021, 8:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 16, 2021, 8:31 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Don't get me wrong, I love the footage but those are some seriously dumb people to be getting that close that shit.

But broski…. 150k views!

Nov. 16, 2021, 8:36 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

I don't want to start a panic, but now may be a good time to stock up on essentials as Metro Van's capacity to produce those goods is limited.

I filled up on gas and groceries 3 pm on Monday.  You’re all lucky I don't stock bullets, come on over for dinner if you needs…

Nov. 16, 2021, 8:41 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

wow ! Is the Canyon still open ?

edit: hy 7 is also closed

Its all closed. Vancouver has been isolated. Seems like a net positive to me.

OTOH the shelves are bare at safeway, 3 shits will be using a spoon to clean his ass instead of tp

Considering most of our goods come through Edmonton, yes, people are stupid. 

....and ive got all the tp i need.

Nov. 17, 2021, 9:25 a.m.

I don't get the panic to fill up on gas for Vancouver people....where you going to go??? As 3S here pointed out the Interior can be stocked from points east, Vancouver and the S2S from points south. Pictures of Kamloops grocery stores completely empty just shows the worst of humanity.

Nov. 17, 2021, 10:03 a.m.

Hire the US Army Corp of Engineers and the highway will get opened up in no time.

Nov. 17, 2021, 10:50 a.m.

I don't get the panic to fill up on gas for Vancouver people....where you going to go???

We drove to work the first time in months today.   Plan to let this full tank last till Christmas.  

I thought the same as Switch, the army could get across the chasms pretty quickly.   But then remembered we are peacekeepers in Canada, not USMC

Nov. 17, 2021, 11:42 a.m.

I don't get the panic to fill up on gas for Vancouver people....where you going to go??? As 3S here pointed out the Interior can be stocked from points east, Vancouver and the S2S from points south. Pictures of Kamloops grocery stores completely empty just shows the worst of humanity.

Well everyone is conditioned after last years pandemic panic.  Big corps like Safeway will just change gears and bring groceries in from another direction. 

Looks like they will be air dropping supplies to Harrison, Hope, and Chilliwack pretty soon if they don't get a road open.

Nov. 17, 2021, 12:07 p.m.

Luckily America has roads that connect to Vancouver. Any shortages in Vancouver will be very short lived I bet.

Nov. 17, 2021, 12:57 p.m.

while the produce section was completley bare as in absolutely zero just some turnips BUT there was actulay toilet paper so i am assuming people still have lots from when they cleaned out the TP section for covid lockdwon

I think trucks will now get down thru washington/ up into Alberta/ across west into BC but alot of stuff can just come straight across from alberta if it doesnt already

Last edited by: XXX_er on Nov. 17, 2021, 1 p.m., edited 1 time in total.