Looking for another job...

Dec. 7, 2006, 6:41 p.m.

yep, electrician/refrigeration is huge already, and the demand of this field because of the olympics will only get greater in the near future!

Dec. 7, 2006, 6:44 p.m.

:lol: I must have a helluva good tolerance level then. 10 years in a bank and 10 years in tech support - btw tech support sucks way more than customer service.

I agree with the rest, hit up constructions sites. Every one I walk past has help wanted signs.

I agree, tech support would be so annoying. I don't think I could handle it.

I once heard of a person calling an IT division asking why the cupholder on her computer wasn't going back in.

She was talking about the cd drive!

Dec. 7, 2006, 6:47 p.m.

I agree, tech support would be so annoying. I don't think I could handle it.

I once heard of a person calling an IT division asking why the cupholder on her computer wasn't going back in.

She was talking about the cd drive!

Yup, old joke, there's lots of them for tech support.

But back to MDub. How're the legs MDub, would you make a good table dancer?

Better yet does it have to be in the lower mainland? If you're young and single why not try rig pig in alberta or even northern bc? Tough damned work, but good pay.

Dec. 7, 2006, 6:50 p.m.

Yup, old joke, there's lots of them for tech support.

But back to MDub. How're the legs MDub, would you make a good table dancer?

Better yet does it have to be in the lower mainland? If you're young and single why not try rig pig in alberta or even northern bc? Tough damned work, but good pay.

in the lower mainland.
I think i will look for an electrical apprenticeship or something of that sort

Dec. 7, 2006, 6:56 p.m.

ya, electricians are sooo hot right now. srsly.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 7, 2006, 6:58 p.m.

work at comor mike. its your kind of shop.

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

Dec. 7, 2006, 7:02 p.m.

ya, electricians are sooo hot right now. srsly.

qft

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 7, 2006, 7:02 p.m.

not a huge fan of working that kinda labourous work
if my work is going to be labourous, its within the technicality of the work.
its like a robotics tech vs. an auto mechanic you know?

The work sucks, but the pay is good, and if you get a good site/company, it's usually pretty relaxed and flexible. If you're not a moron, you'll be done with the really bad labour stuff pretty quick, as there's such a shortage of people. I've had something like $4 in raises over the past 3 or 4 months.

Or try to get on in another trade that is less labourious. But either way, construction is your best bet for being hired pretty much right away and making decent money right from the get-go.

Dec. 7, 2006, 7:15 p.m.

i can hook u up…
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=87847

Dec. 7, 2006, 7:33 p.m.

i can hook u up…
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=87847

Looks great! but an hour commute to either location is a long one.
Good pay? to make up for gas money? :P

Dec. 7, 2006, 9:17 p.m.

get a job with the coast gaurd. i love it, challenging and 28 days on, 28 days off (paid). you have to do a bit of training first but its well worth it. most rewarding job i've had so far

:nzealand: NZ pride ~just a two fiddy tool~

Dec. 7, 2006, 9:43 p.m.

how would i go about applying?

Dec. 7, 2006, 9:46 p.m.

http://www.cgc.gc.ca/CGC.php?l=e[HTML_REMOVED]m=9[HTML_REMOVED]s=39[HTML_REMOVED]p=14

Dec. 7, 2006, 9:46 p.m.

if your seriously interested, youll need you Advanced Marine first aid, Restricted VHF operators liscence, and your Marine Emergency Duities A1, B1, B2 and a transport canada seefarers medical. the office for the pacific fleet is in victoria and i can give you a number if your really interested pm me 30% of the coast gaurd is retiring withing the next 5 years, its a good time to get into it

:nzealand: NZ pride ~just a two fiddy tool~