LOOK AT WHAT SHIPPED TODAY

Nov. 21, 2004, 9:55 a.m.

i know how to turn on a computer,and use internet!

Nov. 21, 2004, 10:42 a.m.

Originally posted by Charles_T
**High Five Matt!

You'll soon find out, however, that Half Life 2 takes a ridiculously short amount of time to finish… and that there will be a Half Life 3 coming out in the future. **

Ya, I know that halflife 2 isnt the longest game. But just wait for all the cool new games based on it that will be out soon.

http://www.finalgear.com

Nov. 21, 2004, 12:37 p.m.

Originally posted by Charles_T
**High Five Matt!

You'll soon find out, however, that Half Life 2 takes a ridiculously short amount of time to finish… and that there will be a Half Life 3 coming out in the future. **

Will that take 6 years, 3 months, 2 hours, 3,000 cheeseburgers, 2,120 krispy kreme donuts, and 500 twinkies to finish too?

:lol:

Gabe Newell's an idiot.

Make sure to come visit us:

Nov. 21, 2004, 1:54 p.m.

the other thing you might have been good to go for is a motherboard with PCI Express - the replacement for AGP

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Nov. 21, 2004, 2:41 p.m.

Originally posted by matt shaw
Ya, I know that halflife 2 isnt the longest game. But just wait for all the cool new games based on it that will be out soon.

just wait what the boys from RO come up with once they get the ful license for the ut2k4 engine. ;)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

Nov. 21, 2004, 2:59 p.m.

Originally posted by Leifless
just wait what the boys from RO come up with once they get the ful license for the ut2k4 engine. ;)

gay

DEANER + BABIES = DEANER EATING BABIES

Nov. 21, 2004, 3:47 p.m.

Originally posted by Norman
**Because a 6800GT can be overclocked to ultra speeds and because it'll beat most cards out there now.

BTW.. WTF are you talking about? The 6800 GT is a $500+ card. **

you are going to OC the GT core 75 Mhz and the memory 50 mhz? not saying it can't be done but i would be fun (i oc'd my ultra about 30mhz in the core and it was fine but then some games didn't like it ex mohpa and warhammer 40k dawn of war; they crashed unless i turned it back down)

EDIT: okay 50 in the mem should be easy but the 75 in the core is tricky

[email protected]
My bike eats danger and craps victory!:canada:
It takes 43 muscles in the face to frown but only 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitchslap that mofo in the face!
I am the sculpture made out of clay…

I like all bran its makes your poop float. :)

Nov. 21, 2004, 9:11 p.m.

Originally posted by brodierider_fReak
**you are going to OC the GT core 75 Mhz and the memory 50 mhz? not saying it can't be done but i would be fun (i oc'd my ultra about 30mhz in the core and it was fine but then some games didn't like it ex mohpa and warhammer 40k dawn of war; they crashed unless i turned it back down)

EDIT: okay 50 in the mem should be easy but the 75 in the core is tricky **

lol…you dont know what your talking about. first of all, a GT is clocked at 350/1000..the Ultra at 400/1100. so its 50 on the core and 100 on the mem, not 75 and 50.

i have been running my GT at Ultra clocks since i got it..no problems and im not at the end of the line either. there are cards out there that hit a lot higher on conventional cooling too, not mentioning the voltmodded and watercooled cards.

a very important thing you forget is that you tried to o/c a ultra…top end vid cards, just as top end cpu's are a bitch to o/c because the stock clock on those will be very close to the maximum already. so while you maybe cant o/c a ultra much, you can save 200 bucks, get the GT and o/c it to ultra clocks. same performance for cheaper.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Nov. 21, 2004, 9:17 p.m.

**newt ur on crack….

and why did u go all out like that and then get the 6800 gt? **

cause he dosn't feel the need to spend an extra 300 for a 5-10% performance gain.

I'm not the least bit surprised that you said that considering you spent like an extra 1500 for nice wiring

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Nov. 21, 2004, 10:33 p.m.

Originally posted by spookymilk
c
I'm not the least bit surprised that you said that considering you spent like an extra 1500 for nice wiring

HAHAHA|HAHAHA…
OWNED!

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

Nov. 21, 2004, 10:37 p.m.

What kind of cooling are you guys using when you oc your 6800's?

superheros
I like bikes

Nov. 21, 2004, 10:57 p.m.

**you are going to OC the GT core 75 Mhz and the memory 50 mhz? not saying it can't be done but i would be fun (i oc'd my ultra about 30mhz in the core and it was fine but then some games didn't like it ex mohpa and warhammer 40k dawn of war; they crashed unless i turned it back down)

EDIT: okay 50 in the mem should be easy but the 75 in the core is tricky **

BTW, again, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Most GT cards will hit Ultra levels and beyond.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

Nov. 21, 2004, 11:09 p.m.

Originally posted by inshane
What kind of cooling are you guys using when you oc your 6800's?

i use one of these…very very quiet. but there are more capable coolers out there at the price of noise. like the stock gainward coolers…which offer the best air cooling available, but they are hella noisy for being 3 degrees cooler.
then there is always watercooling….

Nov. 21, 2004, 11:10 p.m.

Originally posted by spookymilk
**cause he dosn't feel the need to spend an extra 300 for a 5-10% performance gain.

I'm not the least bit surprised that you said that considering you spent like an extra 1500 for nice wiring **

:cuffs: :cuffs::cuffs::cuffs::cuffs::cuffs::cuffs:

msn messanger= [email protected]

Originally posted by Coop
quick ! to the intolerance-mobile!

It didn't taste like easy mac at all. It tasted like Satan

Nov. 21, 2004, 11:42 p.m.

Originally posted by Leifless
i use one of these…very very quiet. but there are more capable coolers out there at the price of noise. like the stock gainward coolers…which offer the best air cooling available, but they are hella noisy for being 3 degrees cooler.
then there is always watercooling….

Im think of getting one of those Maze4gpu blocks from dangerden sometime soon for my video card.
Im just to dam tired of the sound of those loud fans! hahah

superheros
I like bikes