Lonsdale Hit And Run

June 16, 2005, 9:40 a.m.

wouldn't be any charges against the driver as it was the skateboarder who hadn't stopped at the intersection.

couldn't have been h[HTML_REMOVED]r if there's no charges. even if you're in the right you've got to stop.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

June 16, 2005, 9:53 a.m.

I was there, It was a hit and run but I wasnt sure if the skater had the right of way, thats what another pedestrian told me.

~NSP~
Hardtail Pride
Join the NSMBA to support your trails!

June 16, 2005, 9:56 a.m.

Was the skater wearing a helmet?

June 16, 2005, 9:59 a.m.

I was there, It was a hit and run but I wasnt sure if the skater had the right of way, thats what another pedestrian told me.

you should maybe call the cops and tell them what you saw especially if you could id the driver.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

June 16, 2005, 10:11 a.m.

The guys friends told the cops that the car was speeding and it obviously a hit and run. And no the skater wasnt wearing a helmet. I arrive 10 or 20 seconds after it happened. Unless the driver stopped and left after 20 seconds I pretty sure it was a hit and run. From what bunny said it appears that they know who the driver is.

~NSP~
Hardtail Pride

June 16, 2005, 10:11 a.m.

oops. i meant to say no charges were laid AND (not as) the skater didn't stop. it was the news so may not have been accurate.

it sounds like the guy is in bad shape though so i hope he comes through it ok.

do skateboarders usually wear helmets? i am amazed at how many people i see riding their bikes around vancouver in heavy traffic with no helmet. i'd feel a lot safer riding down any mountain without one than across a street. :S

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

June 16, 2005, 10:15 a.m.

The skater tried to stop, but the car didnt do much.

~NSP~
Hardtail Pride

June 16, 2005, 10:18 a.m.

this board is full of jokers……..

Diggler posts pretty much the stupidest most insensetive garbage about a kid that could be dying right now, and you guys flame on Anti-trail-Nazi????

Diggler smarten up, and props to Anti for calling him on it. Rossco is a member of our community here, and we all knew he was all right.

some guys on here are so Old-school they can say whatever they want, what a joke.

I hope the kid is allright, we all make silly moves, some just pay a higher price.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

June 16, 2005, 10:23 a.m.

Unless the driver stopped and left after 20 seconds I pretty sure it was a hit and run. From what bunny said it appears that they know who the driver is.

it just sounds a bit fishy if your positive it was a h[HTML_REMOVED]r. it wouldn't be the first time a drunk did a h[HTML_REMOVED]r, made a quick driver switch down the road and someone else (sober passenger maybe) drives back to the scene. so i'm thinking if you could confirm who you saw as the person they 'have' as the driver… ahh, bacjk to work.

June 16, 2005, 10:32 a.m.

Like I said i arrive a good 20 or 30 seconds after it happened and the only drivere there was the driver of an unmarked police car.

~NSP~
Hardtail Pride

June 16, 2005, 10:36 a.m.

firstly , sorry to hear about the injured person . . . that is never good news when a young person gets hurt .

NSP , to you : by all means go to the police and tell them what you SAW . not what you THINK might have happened . not what your story is because of what some else told you . you can say what they said . that helps to corroborate THEIR story . only comment on what is known FACT as you saw it . get everything down on paper as soon as you can , even if it is just in point from . date it , sign it , witness it .

hope the kid comes through all right . . .

June 16, 2005, 6:01 p.m.

I know who it was who got hit and last I heard which was this afternoon, that he is in a coma. and Diggs, you fucking insensetive prick. What if that was your friend who got hit and is lying in a coma in a fucking hospital bed.

June 16, 2005, 6:51 p.m.

ryan. your a idiot. i feel for that kid. u fell in a hole at the sand pits. I got hit by a van. ya.. even. stfu

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

June 16, 2005, 9:22 p.m.

I know who it was who got hit and last I heard which was this afternoon, that he is in a coma. and Diggs, you fucking insensetive prick. What if that was your friend who got hit and is lying in a coma in a fucking hospital bed.

i think diggs was just making a point about the guy not wearing a helmet.

June 16, 2005, 9:28 p.m.

what a coward bastard, dicks like that should be neuterd so they wont be allowed to reproduce.
hope hes alright but by the sounds of it it doesnt apear so.

Ha Ha! Made you look.