lol - you can't make this shit up...

Dec. 14, 2015, 8:30 a.m.

US town rejects solar panels amid fears they 'suck up all the energy from the sun'
A retired science teacher said she was concerned the panels would prevent plants in the area from growing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-town-rejects-solar-panels-amid-fears-they-suck-up-all-the-energy-from-the-sun-a6771526.html

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 14, 2015, 9:25 a.m.

US town rejects solar panels amid fears they 'suck up all the energy from the sun'
A retired science teacher said she was concerned the panels would prevent plants in the area from growing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-town-rejects-solar-panels-amid-fears-they-suck-up-all-the-energy-from-the-sun-a6771526.html

pathetic

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

Dec. 14, 2015, 9:38 a.m.

The retired science teacher is my favourite part of the story.

Dec. 14, 2015, 9:45 a.m.

Sensationalist headline is sensationalist. And only clings to the barest thread of truth.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 14, 2015, 9:51 a.m.

Sensationalist headline is sensationalist. And only clings to the barest thread of truth.

it's still funny as shit

"Ms Mann said she had seen areas near solar panels where plants are brown and dead because they did not get enough sunlight.

She also questioned the high number of cancer deaths in the area, saying no one could tell her solar panels didn't cause cancer."

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 14, 2015, 10:01 a.m.

Always find it funny when people blindly believe any "news" story just because it affirms their beliefs.

Dec. 14, 2015, 10:02 a.m.

inB4 solar panels are actually alien intelligence gathering arrays..

reachs for tinfoil hat

Dec. 14, 2015, 10:05 a.m.

Don't fall for the click bait. That was just one thing a crack pot at the city council meeting said, not the reason the proposal was rejected. It was rejected mainly because people were concerned about their property values.

Every city council meeting or public hearing I've ever been to has had a couple of loons attending, their comments don't usually get picked up by the national media though hahaha

Dec. 14, 2015, 10:13 a.m.

Don't fall for the click bait. That was just one thing a crack pot at the city council meeting said, not the reason the proposal was rejected. It was rejected mainly because people were concerned about their property values.

Every city council meeting or public hearing I've ever been to has had a couple of loons attending, their comments don't usually get picked up by the national media though hahaha

oh fer sure.

i actually doubled checked it just to see if it was a spoof item and was amused to see it was true and and that the comments were actually spoken.

yay for loons!

Ellen Langer

Dec. 14, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

I don't mind if the media wants to report some idiot crackpot's comments, but they should still have some obligation to put the truth in their headlines.

"US town rejects solar panels amid fears they 'suck up all the energy from the sun' "

Is simply not a truthful statement. Of course, "US town rejects solar farm because they have already approved three other solar farms and they are concerned that a fourth solar farm will bring no further benefit to the community. Here are some crackpot's comments about it" doesn't make for great clickbait.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 14, 2015, 11:16 a.m.

read some of the comments..town already has 3 wind farms. click bait

Dec. 14, 2015, 11:27 a.m.

I don't mind if the media wants to report some idiot crackpot's comments, but they should still have some obligation to put the truth in their headlines.

"US town rejects solar panels amid fears they 'suck up all the energy from the sun' "

Is simply not a truthful statement. Of course, "US town rejects solar farm because they have already approved three other solar farms and they are concerned that a fourth solar farm will bring no further benefit to the community. Here are some crackpot's comments about it" doesn't make for great clickbait.

your headline would make sense if that was the case, but from the other linked article in the one i referenced that would appear to not be the case. one person spoke in regards to property value and blamed it on the solar farm, which may or may not be true. i would tend to feel that's not true based on statements by other residents such as:

"Mary Hobbs has been living in Woodland for 50 years and said she has watched it slowly becoming a ghost town with no job opportunities for young people.

She said her home is surrounded by solar farms and is no longer worth its value because of those facilities."

"Bobby Mann said he watched communities dry up when I-95 came along and warned that would happen to Woodland because of the solar farms.

“You’re killing your town,” he said. “All the young people are going to move out.”

maybe a town of only 1100 people with a median household income roughly half of the state avg and an unemployment rate of nearly 40% has bigger problems than solar farms springing up around a substation that's located outside the town itself. good for them that they want to protect their town, but it's not solar farms that's killing it.

Ellen Langer

Dec. 14, 2015, 4:18 p.m.

I feel like just recently there was a thread started about this very thing

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 14, 2015, 8:28 p.m.

As good a time as any to drop some Ron White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gxKStPXyn8

Dec. 14, 2015, 8:47 p.m.

Can't find the article but at the end of last summer the local rag ran a similar drama article. Their tact was 89 year old property owner wanted a solar arm on her rural property and those who opposed it did so because she was 89. LOL

But as you point out KenN, people are starting to push back on this stuff.Simply because they are trying to build so many so close to each other.
http://www.thewhig.com/2015/08/21/committee-endorses-one-out-of-seven-proposed-solar-projects

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/