Linux help needed

April 12, 2010, 11:25 a.m.

Hi folks!

My website at work is having some transitional issues moving from one server (a testbed server) to its dedicated server. Apparently (I'm told) the problem resides in ImageMagick (for Movable Type) not working properly with PerlMagick on our server.

To be honest, I know nearly nothing about Linux server admin, and our host apparently doesn't offer us any actual support, so we need to hire a contractor who can come in and help us get this working quickly. The office is in Vancouver (Kitsilano).

Anyone have suggestions for who I can contact who might be able to sort this problem out and get us up and running on our current server? We're looking into getting a new host with support, but in the interim, our site has to WORK.

Thanks a bunch! I know there are a bunch of Linux people on the board, so I'm counting on you! ;)

April 12, 2010, 6:54 p.m.

how much an hour is this worth to you?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

April 12, 2010, 7:15 p.m.

big screen tv wanting minds want to know.

April 12, 2010, 10:11 p.m.

Well, I work for a charity and we were asking people to give us a quote for their rate if they thought they could take on the fix (no, I wasn't looking for free help here.)

As it turns out we went another route and dumped the non-support offering web host for a far superior local one that not only offers support, but has a better product overall. Oh yeah, and real people answer the phone when we call them. This means we don't need to force a fix on a server that we have no support on.

Thanks