life at home 24/7

March 26, 2020, 8:48 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: ReductiMat

You better get those materials now!

You really think?  I guess I've been betting on the supply chains going on in perpetuity, but you're right.. I've got nothing to base that on.

I had to purchase a new Chapin sprayer today. At Dicks in Burnaby I had to call my order in from the parking lot and they brought it out to me. Our structural and concrete divisions have stockpiled lumber and other consumables on the recommendation of our suppliers.

Well fuck.

March 27, 2020, 8:57 a.m.

You better get those materials now!

You really think?  I guess I've been betting on the supply chains going on in perpetuity, but you're right.. I've got nothing to base that on.

I had to purchase a new Chapin sprayer today. At Dicks in Burnaby I had to call my order in from the parking lot and they brought it out to me. Our structural and concrete divisions have stockpiled lumber and other consumables on the recommendation of our suppliers.

Well fuck.

I sell construction products for specialty acoustics.  We are still operating but our main product line is from a NY company that found a case of COVID on their shop floor over a week ago which stopped them in their tracks.  They are shut down until after Easter now, at least.  That is the problem with chains.  It only takes losing one link.

March 27, 2020, 9 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

If you guys are looking for a fresh take on the Zeppelin stuff, the live album "How the west was won" is fucking killer.

I haven't heard that one yet.  I am a big fan of the BBC Sessions.  Some great blues tracks.

March 27, 2020, 5:45 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

My mom and step dad who own a 3 acre ranch, with half a dozen chickens, a hot tub, fire pit, covered 2 car garage converted to a semi-outdoor lounge space, 4 bedroom bungalow w/ a sewing room, a woodworking room, a pension and a second rental home were complaining about having to stay home.

It took a lot of restraint not to fucking lose it on them, living in a ~650 sq foot apartment with my wife and 2 year old, both of us out of work with my wife facing the prospect of losing her business she's worked 3 years on.

Yeah, anybody who doesn't have a kid below 3 should STFU

Now now, I thought we were all this in together?

March 27, 2020, 7:10 p.m.

I've been going into work, nearly caught up now. Staying home from now on until we have a better picture of the situation on Vancouver Island. I figure by the end of next week we'll know a lot more. My expenses are very low so I'll be okay.

March 27, 2020, 7:21 p.m.

Yeah, anybody who doesn't have a kid below 3 should STFU

I wasn't trying to get all "WELL, AS A PARENT...." on anyone so sorry if that's how that came across. 

Bottom line is I'd kill for their fucking space.

Try boxing up teenagers. STFU

Hahaha All good.

Yesterday was super tough. The nearly 3 year old had about 4 serious fits. He usually has one a day.

I'd take a teenager all day. There is literally no reasoning with his meltdown.

March 27, 2020, 10:52 p.m.

https://youtu.be/ehcUgB8RkKo

March 28, 2020, 6:05 p.m.

Before hitting play: "Yeah, she's gonna suck"

After: "Holy fuck!"

March 28, 2020, 7:03 p.m.

I just built one of those DIY manual things. Made me realise I could manual pretty well anyway. After 10 minutes of messing around I could do 20 secs.

March 28, 2020, 7:41 p.m.

I just built one of those DIY manual things. Made me realise I could manual pretty well anyway. After 10 minutes of messing around I could do 20 secs.

Oh hell, that's a wicked idea!

March 28, 2020, 9:37 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

Zep has never looked like this. my goodness check this gal out. 

I'd like to see them do this live - looks lip synced, like on other videos they've done.

March 28, 2020, 9:43 p.m.

I was just on board with Reducti in building a storage shed, slab I poured for it been sitting for 2 years...

But now thinking a manual machine and subsequent black hole of wasted time sounds like a better option.

March 28, 2020, 10:08 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Posted by: JBV

Zep has never looked like this. my goodness check this gal out. 

I'd like to see them do this live - looks lip synced, like on other videos they've done.

Oh it's definitely tracked in a studio (the same as any record) and then lip synced for the video, there's no doubt about that.

March 29, 2020, 6:40 a.m.

I work from home, so a big chunk of my day is SOP like it was for the last few years.  Having a bunch of other people in here is different, but we're keeping our spirits high through acknowledging it's shit out there and joking as much as we can.

After a two year hiatus of fixing my house, I'm now back in the game again, plotting on building a large shed/gym.  I suspect I will have a lot of free time this summer.

Don’t be a stupid cunt. Build a large garage with rental suite above.

March 29, 2020, 9:36 a.m.

I just want to go out for breakfast so fucking bad.

Why do people have to do dumb shit like eat bats and pangolins and ruin shit for literally the entire planet?