life at home 24/7

March 26, 2020, 4:28 p.m.

Definitely bored. I get what you mean by exhausted as well - doing nothing is hard to cope with. I try to ground myself by looking at the big bag of old clothes I've bagged up recently and knowing it could be worse. At least we have shelter and the internet. But, its also frustrating looking at this beautiful shiny exhaust manifold I picked up recently. No heat coating on it so the rainbow color and quality of the welds is just awesome. And those welds should be since the future workforce of robits welded it. But, to be a little open here, whats more frustrating was two mondays ago giving the shop the go ahead to utilize the $4500 deposit to order a short block and other parts and then be laid off the next day. And I knew better too. Oh well, it could be worse and I did manage to plan ahead. But now would be an ideal time for a drive.

March 26, 2020, 4:29 p.m.

Last time I filled up, Chev94 was 198.9 LOL!

March 26, 2020, 5:53 p.m.

My mom and step dad who own a 3 acre ranch, with half a dozen chickens, a hot tub, fire pit, covered 2 car garage converted to a semi-outdoor lounge space, 4 bedroom bungalow w/ a sewing room, a woodworking room, a pension and a second rental home were complaining about having to stay home.

It took a lot of restraint not to fucking lose it on them, living in a ~650 sq foot apartment with my wife and 2 year old, both of us out of work with my wife facing the prospect of losing her business she's worked 3 years on.

March 26, 2020, 5:59 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

My mom and step dad who own a 3 acre ranch, with half a dozen chickens, a hot tub, fire pit, covered 2 car garage converted to a semi-outdoor lounge space, 4 bedroom bungalow w/ a sewing room, a woodworking room, a pension and a second rental home were complaining about having to stay home.

It took a lot of restraint not to fucking lose it on them, living in a ~650 sq foot apartment with my wife and 2 year old, both of us out of work with my wife facing the prospect of losing her business she's worked 3 years on.

Yeah, anybody who doesn't have a kid below 3 should STFU

March 26, 2020, 6:07 p.m.

I work from home, so a big chunk of my day is SOP like it was for the last few years.  Having a bunch of other people in here is different, but we're keeping our spirits high through acknowledging it's shit out there and joking as much as we can.

After a two year hiatus of fixing my house, I'm now back in the game again, plotting on building a large shed/gym.  I suspect I will have a lot of free time this summer.

March 26, 2020, 6:22 p.m.

You better get those materials now!

March 26, 2020, 6:25 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

You really think?  I guess I've been betting on the supply chains going on in perpetuity, but you're right.. I've got nothing to base that on.

March 26, 2020, 6:30 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I wasn't trying to get all "WELL, AS A PARENT...." on anyone so sorry if that's how that came across. 

Bottom line is I'd kill for their fucking space.

March 26, 2020, 6:43 p.m.

Im finally finishing that Kitchen cupboard refinishing project the wife's been harping at me over for the last year.

March 26, 2020, 6:46 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: FLATCH

You really think?  I guess I've been betting on the supply chains going on in perpetuity, but you're right.. I've got nothing to base that on.

I had to purchase a new Chapin sprayer today. At Dicks in Burnaby I had to call my order in from the parking lot and they brought it out to me. Our structural and concrete divisions have stockpiled lumber and other consumables on the recommendation of our suppliers.

March 26, 2020, 6:51 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I wasn't trying to get all "WELL, AS A PARENT...." on anyone so sorry if that's how that came across. 

Bottom line is I'd kill for their fucking space.

Try boxing up teenagers. STFU

March 26, 2020, 7:15 p.m.

I'm just going to assume that's a light hearted comment.

March 26, 2020, 7:33 p.m.

2 family members are home out of work. Good news is supper is on the table every nite when I get home from work. Fresh cookies, too. Bad news is son playing COD with his bros. online all hours of the night, waking me up.

More good news, gas is cheap.

That old Zeppelin stuff is so good. Trouble is, I have heard it so much thru the years that I am tired of it. But like has been said, every once in awhile you catch one of their tunes and think "Holy shit, that stuff was good."

Last edited by: Stuminator on March 26, 2020, 9:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 26, 2020, 7:34 p.m.

If you guys are looking for a fresh take on the Zeppelin stuff, the live album "How the west was won" is fucking killer.

March 26, 2020, 8:48 p.m.

If you guys are looking for a fresh take on the Zeppelin stuff, the live album "How the west was won" is fucking killer.

One of the best ever.

...it's been a while since I Brought it On Home.