Liberals abandon electoral reform

Feb. 1, 2017, 7:32 p.m.

Better for the libs to dump election reform as far away from election as possible especially since pipeline controversy has potential as a distraction right up to the next vote.
Take the hit now instead of piling on later.
Clever bastards.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 1, 2017, 8:02 p.m.

And this is why i almost always vote green. I realize it's a" throw away" vote, but they all might as well be. Just different faces of the same beast it would so often seem. I would've voted rhino if it was on the ballot. :flame:

Feb. 2, 2017, 5:48 a.m.

Better for the libs to dump election reform as far away from election as possible especially since pipeline controversy has potential as a distraction right up to the next vote.
Take the hit now instead of piling on later.
Clever bastards.

agreed. surprised they didn't release this on friday just before quiting time.

Feb. 2, 2017, 7:32 a.m.

Ugh dumb :swearing:

Feb. 2, 2017, 9:14 a.m.

I'm so surprised.

Politics 101, make bold promises and then keep the status quo once elected. I am not surprised either, but I am disappointed. When the Conservatives rolled on their back on senate reform, I was not surprised, but it was less disappointing since I didn't vote for them.

I would just like to see one party with the balls to follow through on either.

Feb. 2, 2017, 9:15 a.m.

agreed. surprised they didn't release this on friday just before quiting time.

I would surprised if they work until Friday.

Feb. 2, 2017, 9:28 a.m.

I would just like to see one party with the balls to follow through on either.

Careful what you wish for! Down south people are getting exactly what they voted for and then some.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 2, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

y'all think JT was the one who carefully thought out the decision to abandon electoral reform… pshhhhh

Nathan Cullen even had an interesting thing to say on the (soon to disappear) CBC yesterday, basically saying under a MPP system, there is no way the NDP would have managed to get the seats that they were able to get under a FPP system. HOWEVER, he is not advocating for the PM's decision to abandon Electoral Reform. He is advocating for change to the electoral system, which was politico'd as we should have expected.

Feb. 2, 2017, 12:08 p.m.

We don't need electoral reform, we need to abolish the party system and reduce power of the PMO. If MPs ran as an independent (no mention of party on the ballot) then people would be forced to vote for the representative in their constituency and that person would represent them in parliment. Right now we send someone to Ottawa who is then imasculated by the party and ordered to vote in lock step with the PMO (in case they are in power).

Then the independent MPs could nominate a PM and that person would represent Canada for foreign affairs only. I the person fucks up they could be replaced if a majority agree.

The destructive forces of the party system are on full display in the US right now.

Feb. 2, 2017, 12:18 p.m.

We don't need electoral reform, we need to abolish the party system and reduce power of the PMO. If MPs ran as an independent (no mention of party on the ballot) then people would be forced to vote for the representative in their constituency and that person would represent them in parliment. Right now we send someone to Ottawa who is then imasculated by the party and ordered to vote in lock step with the PMO (in case they are in power).

Then the independent MPs could nominate a PM and that person would represent Canada for foreign affairs only. I the person fucks up they could be replaced if a majority agree.

The destructive forces of the party system are on full display in the US right now.

Col. Sanders for Emperor.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Feb. 2, 2017, 1:34 p.m.

Col. Sanders for Emperor.

God-Emperor, or normal Emperor?

Ride, don't slide.

Feb. 2, 2017, 1:53 p.m.

God-Emperor, or normal Emperor?

Wouldn't he have to overthrow Gooch for the position?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 2, 2017, 4:56 p.m.

Canadian politics used to be more open where MPs voted based on what their constituents wanted, not always by party line. It made politics interesting up here. We lost all that in the last 20 years or so, unfortunately.

And don't worry about those destructive forces down south, those Liberals will stop rioting, whining, creating fake news, and eventually have to get jobs. :lol:

Feb. 2, 2017, 5:51 p.m.

And don't worry about those destructive forces down south, those Liberals will stop rioting, whining, creating fake news, and eventually have to get jobs. :lol:

Like this drain on the economy. Get a job you slacker.

Feb. 2, 2017, 6:29 p.m.

Careful what you wish for! Down south people are getting exactly what they voted for and then some.

Baaww, beat me to it, Punky. Trump is following thru.

Thread killer