Let's say your driving along...

Jan. 13, 2012, 9:20 p.m.

Man, that's awful. How are you doin? Don't know how I'd feel after something like that.

As to why no one would stop, I would put money on the call that the majority are cowards (see: how we are governed).

Jan. 13, 2012, 9:58 p.m.

As to why no one would stop, I would put money on the call that the majority are cowards (see: how we are governed).

Fair statement.

most people are so far detached from real life nowadays,that they cannot react instinctively to a situation.

I for one have been in/assisted/ attended far to many critical/fatal accidents for my own good,but would never hesitate to jump in again if need be.

Good on ya, Dave….go live a little for the one that didn't make it.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 14, 2012, 3:56 a.m.

Good on ya' Shogun!

I too am confused, was there a young child who didn't make it? That's horrible!

I'm just completely guessing on that. There was no black ice (ambient outside temp from the car said +3ish), no real reason to swerve other than almost falling asleep, being on the cell phone and not knowing/seeing the slight S-bend or considering the fact she was Indo Canadian, I'm guessing/assuming that there could've been a young one on board as I see it all too often in Surrey - that being unbelted brown kids treating the back seat like a playground.

We also assumed since the police were keeping us around for statements until the FD started the extraction procedure and then they promptly dismissed us with "we'll be in touch". So we assume there was something baaad we werent supposed to see.

I don't have time for that shit. Let someone else with nothing to do deal with it.

You are a horrible person and karma will find you eventually. End yourself and make room for someone who'll appreciate living with 1st world problems. Thats all the time I have to waste replying with you.

that story was incoherent at best. try again.

That's my tapatalk skills on a BB. No preview post to double check my errors.. You could've at least linked up the cool story bro pic.. Or you could use some comprehension skills since most people got the gyst of it.

^ I know that section of road, it's quite narrow with virtually no shoulder. Probably not the first car to go in the ditch.

It's definitely not the first nor the last until they 4 lane it and have barriers around there. I'm pretty sure if we didnt stop, almost no one would've seen the car until daybreak. Looking back from tonights weather, I think she's incredibly lucky it didnt happen tonight with the snow or in the rainier months. I still would've went into the ditch against my better judgement and complete unpreparedness.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 14, 2012, 4:07 a.m.

Man, that's awful. How are you doin? Don't know how I'd feel after something like that.

Overall, I'm doing alright. My friend and I did pretty much all we could do.

It was when I was in the ditch on the grass beside the drivers window feeling completely useless and helpless thats still nagging at me. That and hearing her scream. I like to think I'm a useful dude. Life threw me a curveball of a reality check yesterday.

In regards to no one stopping, I was thinking they were scared they were about to get car jacked. Except for the first car; that was a real life YourMom kinda guy. He stops, ask the guy to pull up to where my friend was b/c I needed his headlights and the fucker says sure n drives right past us.

Jan. 14, 2012, 4:10 a.m.

did you have a cell phone? Where you looking for people to help you flip car back over?

It could be that the flipped car was hard to see in the ditch.

Cell yes, people to move a car in high grass? Not so much but I was hoping the collective could've done something other than "I really dont know what to do".

Jan. 14, 2012, 5:43 a.m.

Good on you for helping out, many peeps won't.
I was in the same situation a while ago…

Maybe 3 am, the last straight stretch heading into Mission from Maple Ridge.
Car in front of me hits the small curve going onto that straight stretch at about 130km/h, slides a bit, driver over compensates and drifts/cartwheels off the embankment down into the swampy area. It was a mess of drunk kids.
I checked everyone's condition quickly as best I could, and then booked it to the police station that was nearby. It was closed, but used the phone at the front door to call for an ambulance, then went back to help out/wait for them to arrive.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Jan. 14, 2012, 7:39 a.m.

that story was incoherent at best. try again.

I agree.

Jan. 14, 2012, 10:13 a.m.

I agree.

:crybaby:

Good on you man. We need more people like you to offer that helping hand, its the true test of character. Worlds going to shit but there still are some on the right end of the toilet. Feel good 'bout what you did, dont think 'bout the loss 'cause that was out of your hands.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 14, 2012, 10:56 a.m.

I can remember being a little kid(about 10) and my dad and I were motorcycle riding and he got hurt. I went to the road to flag someone down so they could go get some help. First dude to stop, just looked at me and said " well what do you want me to do, I'm not a doctor"….and drove off. What made it worse was he had a girl with him who really didn't say much. Gotta say it seemed like forever till the next car came by and then went to call.

Ya people can suck. This was 30 something years ago.

Jan. 14, 2012, 7 p.m.

the majority are cowards

Remember the story couple years ago of the guy laying on the floor of the Burrard Skytrain station having a heart attack as peeps hurriedly stepped over and around him on their way to work?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 15, 2012, 1:18 a.m.

It was when I was in the ditch on the grass beside the drivers window feeling completely useless and helpless thats still nagging at me. That and hearing her scream. I like to think I'm a useful dude. Life threw me a curveball of a reality check yesterday.

I also find that type of situation really tough. I don't know if it's an ego or a empathy thing, but when someone needs help and you really can't do much it can be difficult to deal with. Perhaps that fact that you tried is what really matters.

At least you should know that you are a good person for stopping.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 15, 2012, 1:31 a.m.

Remember the story couple years ago of the guy laying on the floor of the Burrard Skytrain station having a heart attack as peeps hurriedly stepped over and around him on their way to work?

Sounds like that thing that happened with the little girl in china who got ran over and everyone just ignored her.

It being hongcouver I wouldn't be surprised if that's starting to happen here now.

Jan. 15, 2012, 9:54 a.m.

"Bystander Effect" - it's a well-documented phenomenon.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 15, 2012, 12:13 p.m.

If there were already people stopped helping (you and your friend?) and 911 was already called (and would be there withing 5 mins) what is the point of more people stopping and … on a busy icy road

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

Jan. 15, 2012, 12:21 p.m.

If there were already people stopped helping (you and your friend?) and 911 was already called (and would be there withing 5 mins) what is the point of more people stopping and … on a busy icy road

Yah, cause it's pretty hard to slow down, wind down the window and ask "need any help?".

SEP syndrome - Somebody Else's Problem.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.