let's get shallow for a minute (fashion jeans thread...)

March 10, 2016, 3:25 p.m.

These look nice, no sizing though, unless you're a 36x34

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-jeans/p/196500000

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

March 10, 2016, 4:29 p.m.

Have a 8yr old pair of Nudie's still going strong.. survived many club nights and warehouse raves lol

March 10, 2016, 4:45 p.m.

What's wrong with 501s?

I am not even close to being able to get into a pair of 501's

March 10, 2016, 5:23 p.m.

yeah but how is that the pants problem?

Are there any NSMB approved button fly jeans?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 10, 2016, 6:26 p.m.

which is why i was keen to find a good pair of stretchy jeans that didn't make me look like a hipster ready to drop some poetic justice. i ain't fat by any stretch of the imagination, but mtn bike thighs are kinda tough to get into a pair of stiff narrow-legged jeans meant for a starving, ridiculously super good looking super model. let alone wanting to use your jeans for climbing random trees on the boulevard, going for a hike, running around in circles at the park, etc. etc.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

March 10, 2016, 6:31 p.m.

man even I know not to wear jeans hiking.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 10, 2016, 6:40 p.m.

meh … I do between 4-6 months of fieldwork up north through the year. i'll wear whatever is available when on traverse. but yah in general i don't really wear jeans. i've gone through seasons of wearing carharts, dri-fit pants, canvas janitor pants, chinos, cotton-nylon blend pants, and so on. most don't last more than one season in the bush. i don't bother wasting money on dri-fit pants anymore, they shred to quickly and are too susceptable to melting near campfires. my fjallraven cotton-nylon pants survived surprisingly well. especially since i've been working in steep alpine the past few seasons which requires a fair bit of "butt-stemming" while scrambling up and down chutes with a heavy pack. fyi, i don't find that the rub-on, iron-in wax stays on long enough to be worthwhile. however the fabric is tough. anyway, i'm bringing a pair of these jeans into the bush this season. see how they do. i went on a bike-out-to-fish day on the weekend with them and despite getting wet and muddy at times, they dried surprisingly quickly.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

March 10, 2016, 6:48 p.m.

I'm a big fan of these,

http://bulletprufe.bigcartel.com/products

they're super stretchy. made with ballistic nylon - cotton weave, so are super freaking durable and turns out they actually dry pretty quickly. comparable to my arc'teryx dri-fit pants, but 10 x more durable and abrasion resistant.

I have only bought the adventure cut jeans and chinos. look good first try on.

Article about the company,

http://www.charlottefive.com/charlottes-will-fisher-makes-a-pant-that-will-knock-your-pants-off/

Those are tight, as in, they look good.

Cadence makes some good shit too. Its a sister company of Matix. http://www.cadencecollection.com/collections/cycling-denim

Most denim skate related will be good quality and fit really well.

March 10, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

Up narth Carharts ARE fashion …fashion is regional

IME flip-flops or blundstones, black t-shirt under an open colorful(loud) Hawaiian shirt and you are good for any fucntion

Only thing with new Carhart jeans is that they feel like splints for a busted leg they're so fricking rigid. Takes sixteen washes before the legs bend. Until then you walk like a pair of scissors.

My last Levi's are 541. Athletic fit some stretch and I fit the 30 X 30.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

March 10, 2016, 9:55 p.m.

Wearing jeans and shirtless (as in "We ran into a cougar on our hike and were scared shirtless") on hike is an actual pastime called "Tom Jones Hiking". There are still a few devotees around the Lower Mainland and BC Parks reports "it is not unusual to" spot them from time to time.

March 10, 2016, 11:12 p.m.

These look nice, no sizing though, unless you're a 36x34

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-jeans/p/196500000

if you're wearing a 36" waist just stick to sweat pants. don't bother trying to shop for "fashionable jeans"

sorry, but that's all I have to say.

March 11, 2016, 4:36 a.m.

It's been a while since I've worn cotton/denim jeans. Picked up a pair of Mountain Hardware denims a bit ago, like em.
I 'm usually wearing Mountain Hardware semi-stretchy jeans-looking pants. Or 5.11 and Vertx tactical pants. I like pockets, and bombproof pants that stretch a bit when moving/kicking/hiking, etc…

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

March 11, 2016, 9:23 a.m.

if you're wearing a 36" waist just stick to sweat pants. don't bother trying to shop for "fashionable jeans"

sorry, but that's all I have to say.

I think a height factor might work into this too. For those of us well over 6 feet a 36" waist isn't exactly a Chris Christie physique. Full disclosure: I am a 34.

March 11, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

heard this funny interview with Tom Jones on the CBC and apparently he's been very happily married since his 20's or something. that's a hilarious picture…

took the plunge on some big time Vangroovy pantaloons. Rogue Territory Strider jeans, tightish, amazing details, awesome denim quality. thick n stiff, just the way the ladies like it. makes my carhartt dungaries seem soft when new. it's a pure, almost embarrassing vanity project, snob consumerism, i can't deny. great fit though, nice and high waisted like my carhartts, almost classy looking. what are we fucking chicks now, ok, i'm signing off good god…..

March 12, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

Im sure someone already said it; Nudie. For a lot of reasons.