LaFerrari

March 5, 2013, 11:14 p.m.

Ferrari are crazy letting a blind 16 year old style that thing. Dated, fussy, tacky. The P1 is in another league.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 6, 2013, 6:57 a.m.

The hybrid bit puts me off sooo much. Watch the top gear bit on the pagani huayra and hammond summs it up perfectly about ferrari and lambo. I dont want a green supercar! I want a bad ass gas guzzler that sounds amazing, goes like stink, with no compromises. If they took out the weight from the batteries and stuff and invested it in more power I would be loving it.

NO SALE! lol

One of the great shortcomings of internal combustion engines is that the torque is developed at high rpm. Torque translates to acceleration. If you have to wind up an engine to high revs to get best acceleration, then you limit you standing start accel times.

An electric motor, on the other hand, gets 100% torque at zero rpm. Think about that. Think about how that 160 HP bolt-on to the car improves acceleration times, given that it gets full torque from dead stop.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 6, 2013, 7:19 a.m.

One of the great shortcomings of internal combustion engines is that the torque is developed at high rpm. Torque translates to acceleration. If you have to wind up an engine to high revs to get best acceleration, then you limit you standing start accel times.

An electric motor, on the other hand, gets 100% torque at zero rpm. Think about that. Think about how that 160 HP bolt-on to the car improves acceleration times, given that it gets full torque from dead stop.

Kn.

This is something I can't understand when it comes to the performance guys and industrial/heavy equipment guys resistance to electric drives

Pastor of Muppets

March 6, 2013, 7:37 a.m.

LaMeh…

i would have this, just because it's still the underdog here.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/mclaren-p1-revealed-geneva-2013-03-05

March 6, 2013, 7:42 a.m.

and a hybrid!

FFS, e-sarc boys.

March 6, 2013, 7:46 a.m.

LaMeh…

Also a hybrid, so clearly it sucks. :lol:

March 6, 2013, 2:38 p.m.

Kn.

Im guessing the tires would melt off the rims before the motor would trip out for current overload

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 6, 2013, 2:52 p.m.

This is something I can't understand when it comes to the performance guys and industrial/heavy equipment guys resistance to electric drives

My brother bought a Tesla Model S and it seems to go pretty good. I wouldn't complain about an electric engine.

March 6, 2013, 2:53 p.m.

LaMeh…

What exactly is a driving scholarship?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 6, 2013, 6:47 p.m.

I get the idea behind it but imo it's something that I hope isnt a new trend in hypercars. What next? Veyron HSS W16 with 4 electic engines?

March 6, 2013, 6:57 p.m.

Why does the method upon which you are plastered to a seat through excessive G force matter?

March 6, 2013, 10:56 p.m.

I get the idea behind it but imo it's something that I hope isnt a new trend in hypercars. What next? Veyron HSS W16 with 4 electic engines?

New NSX will have independent electric motors on the front wheels. The next step is what you mention, 4 independent electric motors, one on each wheel with mid mount batteries/KERS power plant. Imagine 10 millisecond changes in drive/electric braking independently on each wheel. No cooling, no gearbox, no fuel tank, no exhaust etc. Light years ahead of any combustion engine.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 6, 2013, 11:53 p.m.

Or Lada?

I am disapoint no slimey gash, eh? Do better next time………..

Every thing is 2nd……..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJCGYxyK66s

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 7, 2013, 7:30 a.m.

New NSX will have independent electric motors on the front wheels. The next step is what you mention, 4 independent electric motors, one on each wheel with mid mount batteries/KERS power plant. Imagine 10 millisecond changes in drive/electric braking independently on each wheel. No cooling, no gearbox, no fuel tank, no exhaust etc. Light years ahead of any combustion engine.

Yeah but some people who can't afford a supercar don't want electric motors in them

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 7, 2013, 7:42 a.m.

:lol:

Ha Ha! Made you look.