L. Ron Hubbard's Great-Grandson....

Jan. 9, 2014, 2:46 p.m.

Saw this on Facebook this morning, I don't know how ya'll feel about Scientology, but this is worth a watch….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QsCrFANMzc

Praise be to Xenu etc etc….

Jan. 9, 2014, 2:59 p.m.

oh c'mon now, it's not fair to mock all those sciencey folk.

KenN is definitely not going to be happy you're attacking his beliefs.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 9, 2014, 3:20 p.m.

I tend to think it adds further support.

Jan. 9, 2014, 3:33 p.m.

I tend to think it adds further support.

Scientology is kind of a shining example out of how 'religion', and I use that term loosely in Scientology's case as it doesn't have a single redeeming quality, can manipulate and control it's members.

My wife has a friend that was 'high up' in the church and in the early 70's and was in charge of purchasing drugs at one point for Sea-Org (we're not talking about Tylenol here). She was kidnapped by friends and 'deprogrammed' at some camp down in the states. Her family hasn't spoken a word to her since and the stories that have been relayed to me about the years following leaving the church were pretty darned horrifying, she was basically on the run, every time they would find her she would recieve all kinds of threats, they killed her pets and left them on the doorstep… etc.

Crazy town.

Jan. 9, 2014, 3:35 p.m.

Anyone remember this Gem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

Jan. 9, 2014, 3:46 p.m.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that you already know that science and scientology are polar opposites. But just in case somebody else doesn't …

http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/6.htm

… as one progresses through a series of auditing "levels," one can eventually be restored to native state and can attain the status of "operating thetan," wherein one is free of attachments to the body and, even while "exterior" to (outside) the body, one can consciously control matter, energy, space, time, thought, and life. Hubbard's writings and lectures include many tantalizing details of the god-like abilities that may be gained through auditing.

For most individual Scientologists, recovering these god-like abilities (and encouraging and assisting others to do so as well) is the primary goal of participation in Scientology. The "levels" through which a participant progresses make up what is called "The Bridge to Total Freedom." Progress through all the levels of the "Bridge" often takes many years of dedicated study and practice, and the cost in fees for services for the Bridge is currently estimated at approximately $300,000 - $500,000 in US dollars.

According to examples given in Scientology, the content of "whole track" incidents can include (but is not limited to) attempted abortions and other fetal traumas, acts of torture and violence experienced both as victim and as perpetrator, encounters with the Marcab Confederacy and various Invader Forces from spacefaring Galactic civilizations, life on earth as a clam, "implants" of ideas and artificial purposes sometimes administered with a pain-drug-hypnosis combination, and other experiences that almost always include pain and/or confusion and/or unconsciousness.

This is a good read: http://www.amazon.ca/Beyond-Belief-Life-And-Scientology/dp/0062263439

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 9, 2014, 4:02 p.m.

^^^

beware the sp amongst us!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 9, 2014, 4:08 p.m.

^^^

:lol:

Jan. 9, 2014, 4:18 p.m.

^^^

What if your "whole track" incidents lead you to life on earth as a ham sammich?

Kn.

Jan. 9, 2014, 4:25 p.m.

we aren't sposed to talk about that anymore..didnt you get the memo?

Jan. 9, 2014, 4:29 p.m.

What if your "whole track" incidents lead you to life on earth as a ham sammich?

Kn.

then i've already become one with myself and can now fritter away the rest of my days in any manner i see fit.

which reminds me, we haven't had a good rousing debate over religion for some time now my good chap.

Ellen Langer

Jan. 9, 2014, 4:34 p.m.

I know someone that did legal work for them. He has some crazy stories.

Bottom line is they have deep pockets, not matter what the issue never get into a legal battle with them. They'll bankrupt you and consider that the win regardless of what the legal outcome is.

Jan. 9, 2014, 5:50 p.m.

which reminds me, we haven't had a good rousing debate over religion for some time now my good chap.

Meh, it just gets boring and predictable. Certain folks just get waaaay too touchy.

"Ooooh my firmly held, lifelong, but irrational beliefs are being questioned! I think I'll get angry and abusive rather than examining the basis for these beliefs." And so on.

yawn

Kn.

Jan. 9, 2014, 6:06 p.m.

passes worm can lid back to Ken to be securely replaced

Ellen Langer

Jan. 9, 2014, 9:19 p.m.

Scientology is not a religion in Canada since it has been denied federal tax status as a recognized religion. So that clearly puts them in the category of Loony-Tunes-Moonbat-Weirdos, rather than religion.