knives again

Dec. 5, 2009, 4:28 p.m.

1 Global

2 Wusthof

3 Kershaw Shun

4 Henckels

Those are the tops depends on who you talk to for the order.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Dec. 5, 2009, 5:33 p.m.

Just buy whatever Billy Mays is selling.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Dec. 5, 2009, 6:09 p.m.

I've always liked my 10" rosewood handle Victorinox. Steel is nice and soft, easy to keep sharp, easy to sharpen on the stone. I also like like my 8" global jap chef knife. I've found with my Henkles the steel is too hard, they're hard to keep sharp and over the years as it wears down the steel gets thicker and thicker making it harder to keep sharp/put a decent edge on.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 5, 2009, 6:37 p.m.

lol.

Global, while easy to sharpen and something not to care about beating the shit out of… None of those would be 'top 5'. Unless its the economical top 5…

Truthfully I would suggest MAC knives to most anyone, for kitchen or home use. When it comes to price, durability, sharpness, and ease of resharpening which is more difficult than a forged or global…

I have a serious array of knives from japan and europe which have all been put to long hard use in professional enviroments, should anyone want to know about any specific knives.

Best knives would be custom built… I have something simlar to this almost complete. 2 years in the making n waitin.

Dec. 5, 2009, 6:40 p.m.

are those speedholes?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 5, 2009, 6:41 p.m.

are those speedholes?

That knife was made for a big dude. It's got a seriously thick blade, the milling helps with balance aswell as how food sticks to the side of the blade.

Ever heard of granton blades? Same idea.

Dec. 5, 2009, 7:03 p.m.

Yup economical, based on the question in this thread. I felt it did fit well.

I said Wusthof are good knives not the best but good. You get good value for your buck. All the mfg on the list make knives that will give you good bang for the buck.

If you are going to make a living with a knife in your hand you may want to pony up for something on the top tier. Maybe something custom like that sick 440C blade.

440C is one of the high carbon forms of the 440 family. The chromium content is no different then type 440A or type 440B.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Dec. 5, 2009, 7:18 p.m.

Just buy whatever Billy Mays is selling.

….dirt?

Dec. 5, 2009, 7:23 p.m.

chipoltaway

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 5, 2009, 7:25 p.m.

….dirt?

My bad. It's Chef Tony selling the Miracle Blade knives.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Dec. 5, 2009, 8:19 p.m.

I've had a set of their steak knives for about 6 years and they have been excellent so far. Never needed a sharpening and I do a fair bit of BBQ in the summer.

Dec. 6, 2009, 2:59 a.m.

lol.

Global, while easy to sharpen and something not to care about beating the shit out of… None of those would be 'top 5'. Unless its the economical top 5…

Truthfully I would suggest MAC knives to most anyone, for kitchen or home use. When it comes to price, durability, sharpness, and ease of resharpening which is more difficult than a forged or global…

MAC knives FTW, i love mine. love the wa they feel, and the balanced weight. keeps an edge well too if you know how to treat your blades.

Dec. 6, 2009, 5:29 p.m.

MAC knives FTW, i love mine. love the wa they feel, and the balanced weight. keeps an edge well too if you know how to treat your blades.

Quite MACs are my primary knives for work. I use my globals for chopping whole chickens in half and opening coconuts at home haha.