KNIPEX

June 6, 2019, 10:25 a.m.

Apparently I need the wire cutters. Skipped both the wire and diagonal cutters. The flush cutters would’ve been good for cutting plastic Tie wraps. 

Picked up that Wera Tool Check everyone on the home page was gushing over. Might just gift it too the GF instead. Might be too many P1&P2 bits for my liking. Not even Hex keys IMO.

June 6, 2019, 2:42 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro
Not even Hex keys IMO.

You need the Tool Check Plus for all the hex keys (3mm through 8mm)

Last edited by: rnayel on June 6, 2019, 2:45 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 6, 2019, 2:45 p.m.

Thinking about picking up a Knipex Diagonal Flush cutter for wire and housing cutting duties. Thoughts on this?

Why not get the Park CN-10 instead? It's a more specialized tool if you're looking to cut housing and wire, unless I'm missing something, the Knipex Flush Cutter will deform the housing.

June 6, 2019, 3:04 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Thinking about picking up a Knipex Diagonal Flush cutter for wire and housing cutting duties. Thoughts on this?

Why not get the Park CN-10 instead? It's a more specialized tool if you're looking to cut housing and wire, unless I'm missing something, the Knipex Flush Cutter will deform the housing.

Or do it the right way with a Dremel and a small cutoff wheel :)

June 6, 2019, 8:47 p.m.

Apparently I need the wire cutters. Skipped both the wire and diagonal cutters. The flush cutters would’ve been good for cutting plastic Tie wraps. 

Picked up that Wera Tool Check everyone on the home page was gushing over. Might just gift it too the GF instead. Might be too many P1&P2 bits for my liking. Not even Hex keys IMO.

I leave about a half inch on the plastic tie wrap when I cut it with side cutters, then I use pliers & twist the end off. That way it's not sharp & you don't get cut on it.

June 7, 2019, 11:33 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

I leave about a half inch on the plastic tie wrap when I cut it with side cutters, then I use pliers & twist the end off. That way it's not sharp & you don't get cut on it.

Pa-pa-pa-Pro Tip!