Kamloops ho

Feb. 4, 2016, 7:49 p.m.

I hope you like the colour brown.

Racist!…oh wait…what?

Thread killer

Feb. 4, 2016, 8:19 p.m.

Racist!…oh wait…what?

Say what again motherfucker!!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 4, 2016, 11:47 p.m.

where's the Ho's?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 5, 2016, 1:03 a.m.

Here I thought I was gonna' see hot pants and a halter top……….=/

Still a little cold for me to break those out.
Wanna be my friend jbv?

Feb. 5, 2016, 8:19 a.m.

I lived in fsj back in the late 90's early '00 it's not much of a town, but neither is kamloops. but there is a ton to do, a small but fun network of mountain bike trails. a great little ski hill. one of my favourites. Rock climbing right in town. a huge lake. lots of fishing and hunting and all that stuff as well. lots of mosquitos, like a lot. no girls, none. I would move back there.

it has its problems but there are worse places to live :cough: kamloops :cough: ;)

They have a Hoots Bike Park :/
Also, thirteen restaurants. One of which is "Subway Cafe" which I assume is just Subway, three Chinese food restaurants and one gas station take out place.

The whole never having sex with females again is really troubling.

What about Merritt?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 5, 2016, 8:28 a.m.

They have a Hoots Bike Park :/
Also, thirteen restaurants. One of which is "Subway Cafe" which I assume is just Subway, three Chinese food restaurants and one gas station take out place.

The whole never having sex with females again is really troubling.

What about Merritt?

Lots of girls in Merritt. Just don't be concerned with how many teeth they have…

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

Feb. 5, 2016, 8:32 a.m.

Lots of girls in Merritt….

Aren't they just stopping for gas on the way to Vangroovy?

Feb. 5, 2016, 9:28 a.m.

best donair i have ever had was at Miguels, the petro-can on the rez is a acceptable lunch spot.

Feb. 5, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

The Kamloops riding scene is great! Much better than it used to be, an it is continually growing. We have a bunch of formally illegal trails that are now 'official'. The Pineview trails are the best. I have a trail opening there in the spring, and possibly another two by this time next year. Its private land there so you have to obey the land owner's rules. Harper is amazing of course, some of the most fun riding anywhere. Lots of trail slightly east of town. Kenna Cartright park can be a fun xc loop if you don't have a lot of time or just want to pound out laps. Batch is a love/hate kind of area. It is completely treeless and mega hot in the summer, like over 40 degrees there, but its the go-to spot for early spring/late fall riding because its almost always dry. At first I hated it there but there are some really fun and fast trails so now I like it. Plus, there are a whole bunch of other areas within 15-20 minutes from the city. I'll show you around if you like.

District Cycles is owned by my friend Jeff. Good guy, friendly. Brand new shop, go support him.

Avoid buying in the Aberdeen area until you know about the proposed Ajax mine and if it will be approved or not. This massive open pit mine will be situated 2kms from the city limits, upwind from all of Kamloops. If that gets approved, we are outta here.

Feb. 5, 2016, 3:22 p.m.

Merritt has better riding than Kamloops. There. I said it. Have any of y'all ripped any iron laps? And my wife is a stone cold smoke show. Merritt born and raised (save 5 years at UBC for her Pharmacy degree). Don't let your preconceived misconceptions about lil old Merritt fool you. I wouldn't live anywhere else. Rad Biking, endless Moto, so much fishing, world class hunting, epic sledding and ski touring 20 mins up the coq, and little to no big city douche bag attitudes. Full on blue collar working class goodness. It's great, except for the asshole coasties that come up in the fall in droves and stir up our deer with their piss poor shots.

Feb. 5, 2016, 3:27 p.m.

Merritt has incredible riding.

Feb. 5, 2016, 3:56 p.m.

The Kamloops riding scene is great! Much better than it used to be, an it is continually growing. We have a bunch of formally illegal trails that are now 'official'. The Pineview trails are the best. I have a trail opening there in the spring, and possibly another two by this time next year. Its private land there so you have to obey the land owner's rules. Harper is amazing of course, some of the most fun riding anywhere. Lots of trail slightly east of town. Kenna Cartright park can be a fun xc loop if you don't have a lot of time or just want to pound out laps. Batch is a love/hate kind of area. It is completely treeless and mega hot in the summer, like over 40 degrees there, but its the go-to spot for early spring/late fall riding because its almost always dry. At first I hated it there but there are some really fun and fast trails so now I like it. Plus, there are a whole bunch of other areas within 15-20 minutes from the city. I'll show you around if you like.

District Cycles is owned by my friend Jeff. Good guy, friendly. Brand new shop, go support him.

Avoid buying in the Aberdeen area until you know about the proposed Ajax mine and if it will be approved or not. This massive open pit mine will be situated 2kms from the city limits, upwind from all of Kamloops. If that gets approved, we are outta here.

Shite. If I were you I would book out now. If that mine is approved property values will shit the bed.

Feb. 5, 2016, 4:20 p.m.

i read about the proposed mine and i've watched some of the opposing videos on youtube. kinda scares me as it sounds like it will be awful. but maybe it's all hype i don't know. i'm not opposed to business or resource extraction in theory but this mine sounds bad.

someone in one of the bike shops said Merritt riding was awesome. can't wait to check it all out. i was surprised at the closing of bike shops there and how few there are (given how many large LBS's there are in the Comox Valley) so i was wondering what was going on with the 'scene'. and i thought there was no Transition dealer and then stumbled across District. i think i'll be spending a lot of time there.

i'm a bit concerincus about the heat, it was too dam hot even on the Island has summer. i'll be the guy walking around town with white spf shirts and safari hats. no shit.

Feb. 5, 2016, 4:46 p.m.

It's hotter, but not nearly as humid.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 5, 2016, 5:38 p.m.

Kamloops can hit upper 30's, even 40 degrees, but its super dry. Hottest summers in Canada. Like so dry the sweat dries on your skin. As long as you're prepared (ie: ice water) then you can ride in it. I ride all year round. Its not a problem. But if you're unprepared you can die. I laugh at when people on the coast complain about it being hot and it hits 29 degrees. hahaha that's pretty cool for Kamloops!

Kamloops property value is very low in relation to other municipalities. Our 20 year old house on a 1/4 acre is valued at sub $400k. I don't foresee it being devalued that much, as we are far away from the proposed mine site. But let me tell you, there is a major doctor shortage here and some are promising to leave if the mine comes in. My wife will be one of them. Kamloops has so much potential and so many good people in it, but it still has way too many rednecks. I love it here but it could be so much better.

Merritt's riding is unreal. Kinda surprising at how good it is considering how much the town sucks. 35 minutes from Kam and you're there.