Just got fired...

Oct. 15, 2008, 6:19 p.m.

Maybe I should post here with a problem im having with my employer.

As I've posted before I work for a warehouse and I was recently invovled with a car crash. (in march) I took 5 months off to heal my self and recently just returned to work. After working for 2 months I sustained an injury to my back again. I was discharged and told to go see the doctor. I went to a drop in clinic where he suggested that I take a week off of work and get my family doctor to clear me to come back to work. I call work tuesday (the day of my next shift) in the morning and tell them that because of the injury I sustained at work and I will be out of work indefianetly and I spoke to a morning manager and ask to pass the word to my afternoon manager. He writes it all down and sends it off. I call WCB that day and report it and tell them everything blah blah blah. It's now been a week and a half and my employer has made no effort to call me or contact me.

I'm horrified to call them for some reason possibly because I never got a note written from my doctor to excuse myself for work (he wrote it on the wcb paper) and I havn't seen my family doctor yet because he is on vacation. If anything should I go into a drop in clinic?

Is it possible that they have just fired me? The thing is I don't have a home phone but they have contacted me on my cellphone several times when they needed extra help too.

yes. it is very possible that they have fired you.

and when talking to work, keep your story straight… here you said you slept in for your doctors appt, now you say he is on holidays… not pissing on ya, just seriously suggesting that you pick a story and stick with it when talking to the folks at your work, if they catch you lying it will be that much easier to fire you

whether you like it or not, you will need to be in touch with your employer to get the status of your employment

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Oct. 15, 2008, 6:38 p.m.

yes. it is very possible that they have fired you.

and when talking to work, keep your story straight… here you said you slept in for your doctors appt, now you say he is on holidays… not pissing on ya, just seriously suggesting that you pick a story and stick with it when talking to the folks at your work, if they catch you lying it will be that much easier to fire you

whether you like it or not, you will need to be in touch with your employer to get the status of your employment

My family doctor is on vacation I was seeing his holiday replacement which I missed, but I will just go to a drop in clinic.

I'm really horrified to call work, and I have no idea why.

Oct. 15, 2008, 6:40 p.m.

not like its hard to get a job..
might get harder in a little bit but for now its still alright..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 15, 2008, 7:13 p.m.

get it over with

it horrifies you and you HAVE to do it, so it it as soon as possible. then the horror ends

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Oct. 15, 2008, 9:14 p.m.

Call a lawyer, sue the company. It's the American thing to do.

Someone has a man crush.

Oct. 15, 2008, 9:34 p.m.

Since when did the Caprice turn into a warehouse:S.

I thought he worked at the London Drugs warehouse before he got his ass-wiping job.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Oct. 15, 2008, 9:41 p.m.

My family doctor is on vacation I was seeing his holiday replacement which I missed, but I will just go to a drop in clinic.

I thought you said you owned your own business. Oh no, wait, you're a student… Oh no, wait, you're a baller working in the clubz… Oh no, wait, you're a warehouse guy with a bad back…

I'm so confused.

Oct. 15, 2008, 10:07 p.m.

I thought he worked at the London Drugs warehouse before he got his ass-wiping job.

i think he does both jobs actually, which probably explains his sleep issues.

Oct. 16, 2008, 8:50 a.m.

… pours another cup of coffee and puts feet up to watch another episode of faithless bashing

Oct. 16, 2008, 9:54 a.m.

At a previous job I had a funny thing happened.

They didn't want to give me my vacation time. So I said I'd be taking it anyways. my boss said he could also post my job up and walked away. I told my employer that same day I was quiting and the next day they fired me instead. On the termination letter it is written that I was terminated for taking unauthorized vacation! I hadn't even taken it yet! They said that because I said I was going to take my vacation anyways, it meant the same thing.

I took the letter and left.

:agree: awesome…

When I was young and dumb I worked in a window plant. Management wanted to reduce overhead so they fired the cleaning lady. She was responsible for cleaning the offices and bathrooms located within the plant. In lieu of the cleaning lady they assigned everyone off the manufacturing floor weekly cleaning duties. I was not impressed. So I took the list of the boardroom wall and assigned the production manager, production coordinator, shipper and several other office personal to weekly duties also. Took it over to my boss and promptly told him I ain't doin shit until everyone gets their fair share. Suffice to say my time there was not for the long haul.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Oct. 16, 2008, 9:54 a.m.

… pours another cup of coffee and puts feet up to watch another episode of faithless bashing

put the kettle on, I prefer tea

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Oct. 16, 2008, 9:57 a.m.

just got re-hired

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Oct. 16, 2008, 10:05 a.m.

pics are still in order douche bag

meh

Oct. 16, 2008, 10:05 a.m.

Do you really want the job if that guy is still there?

Sounds like they know they screwed up and are trying to save themselves some money.

This space intentionally left blank.

Oct. 16, 2008, 10:45 a.m.

Do you really want the job if that guy is still there?

Sounds like they know they screwed up and are trying to save themselves some money.

Yup I agree. They fucked up so make them pay. If they'd called me and said we'd like you back I'd have said I'll check with my lawyer and hung up.