Just fractured my pelvis yesterday

Aug. 24, 2012, 10:35 p.m.

I broke a three inch chunk off my pelvis(15ft fall and landed on a root). I was bedridden for months and couldn't do the simplest tasks without being in excruciating pain. I ended up getting very depressed. good luck……. no plates for me though.

Aug. 25, 2012, 11:41 a.m.

So this is what I've got.

there are a couple of other holes,I have several skewer puncture wounds similar to the one on my hip but they're on my butt. Anyway it was hard to photograph while the nurse was working plus I don't think the world needs to see my ass. The staples in the smaller incision are clearly visible, there are the same ones in the longer insicision (about 7" long).

alright!!!

Aug. 25, 2012, 7:40 p.m.

Once you're healed up, if the physio isn't going as you thought, and you're following all their rec's, exercises, etc; have a chiro check to see of your pelvis is in line (ie perpendicular to spine when looking straight at you)

I fractured my pelvis (no where near as bad - no plates) in 04, and after 2.5 months of physio, and chiro fixed my pain in 1.5 weeks just because my pelvis was 2 inches higher on my right side than my left. Turns out that makes everything else (knees, back, etc) hurt.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Aug. 25, 2012, 8:56 p.m.

Holy fack, that's nasty. Hope the healing is going well.

Thread killer

Aug. 25, 2012, 9:37 p.m.

ugh dude, that's nasty! good thing chicks dig scars, lol

could have been worse though, check out cedric gracia :|

Sept. 7, 2012, 10:03 a.m.

Last of the staples, now I've just got a big nasty scar.

My new metal

Here's the CT of what it looked like before. On the left side of the image (my right) you can see some vertical brown lines that form somewhat of a rectangle. That's literally a trap door of bone through my pelvis where the ball of the femur tried to push through. I don't like thinking about what would have happened had my femur fully penetrated my pelvis…

alright!!!

Sept. 7, 2012, 10:28 a.m.

Very interesting stuff. I have lots of respect for doctors.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 7, 2012, 10:59 a.m.

crazy. healing vibes. and: is that plumbing strap in there?

Sept. 7, 2012, 11:26 a.m.

haha
when i did volly patrol, i was told to hand those guys a scrub brush and tell them to hit the bathroom and scrub away all the rocks :lol:

i remember scrubbing one guys arm/elbow - i think it hurt pretty bad, and i felt terrible, but what can you do? when conditions are so loose and dry, it just makes sense to wear armour.

When I see anyone in the bike park wearing shorts, wife beater and helmet, and no leg/arm armour I think: wow you're obviously retarded. Anyone who has fallen down or even remotely considered the consequences of falling down on a bag of cheese graters would take some basic precautions.

They deserve a bit of discomfort in the clinic. The stupid burns when they scrub it out.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 7, 2012, 11:57 a.m.

crazy. healing vibes. and: is that plumbing strap in there?

Yes, and Robertson wood screws. I think they splurged and got the green kind that are good for use in pressure treated lumber, and hips.

alright!!!

Nov. 23, 2012, noon

Just started walking yesterday!

alright!!!

Nov. 23, 2012, 12:06 p.m.

Fantastic news! :) This made my day.

Nov. 23, 2012, 5:08 p.m.

Boo Ya!

Nov. 27, 2012, 11:21 p.m.

The staple shot with what looks like a hundred staples looks wiked. Dont worry they are painless to remove. Every one reacts differently to pain killers. I needed them more for when i did physio. I only took em for about ten days. Now i just deal with the pain.
How long before you you can ride? I have a broken femur. Doc says/and i had tonnes of advice on nsmb, that it will be about 9 months before i can realy shredd. Maybe a year.
Not being able to ride sucks! I feel for ya. Keeping in good spirit and getting mobile a.s.a.p. is realy important.
Now your wife will have to give you lots of attention and wait on you for all your needs!…………….Well i hope thats a good thing.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!